Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

mustang drop zone springs!

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:51 am

Hey, I just got a pair of bling bling tires. They look great but now my mustang is high off the ground. I'm looking into lowering it. I'm just trying to lower and nothing else really. Can you guys tell me if this kit will get me what I'm looking for? I'm not familiar with this type of mod.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DROPZONE-SPORT-S...072976317QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks

rfmok
Icedoutjetta

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:04 am

thats going to be low i would think, a whole 2.25 inches, but im not to familier with stang springs
TRogers

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:03 am

For a 2 inch drop you will have to change shocks,struts,camber plates,bump steer kit and some x2 joints from steeda to do it right.

I might be leaving out some stuff but its not worth it. You dont have to do all this stuff but your tires will wear uneven and your stang will ride real bad when it hits any cracks on the road.

Look for an Eibach pro kit or possibly sportlines, something in between 1 1/4" and 1 3/4" drop.

Last edited by TRogers on Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:04 am

Dang 2.25 inch drop, I hope your rollin on some big wheels.
rfmok

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:51 pm

eh...If I buy eibach sport line springs for $200 or so from ebay, will that do the trick? Do I have to buy other parts too or will it work with stock struts and things like that? B/c installation is $430 alone...that's a total of $630 just for suspension...really 2 inches lowered. So I'm willing to invest for safety purposes and long run suspension, but I want to know if there are additional parts that I NEED to purchase. If I don't need it, I don't want it...not for that price...

Please help.

thanks
Icedoutjetta

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:08 pm

instal them yourself man, rent a spring compressor and go to town, its now as hard as it sounds, and then just get an allignement and **** just to fix up anything that you accidently touched
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:54 pm

blazin aspire wrote:
instal them yourself man, rent a spring compressor and go to town, its now as hard as it sounds, and then just get an allignement and **** just to fix up anything that you accidently touched

I'm not sure how the stang is built but on the F-body the rear is cake. Now the front is a different story.
rfmok

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:09 pm

cool guys. But I'm still lost to what I need. If I get springs, will that be good enough? I'm going back and forth with the dropzone kit b/c its cheap and it gets it to 2.25 inches. The eibach's, I'm having trouble finding a kit for the v6 03 and they seem to only go 1.7 inches. So yea...tough decision.

rfmok
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:43 am

My knowledge on Stangs is quite limited. I know on an F-Body a drop that big can sometimes require LCA relocation. On your stangs you might just need the springs and a front end alignement.
rfmok

Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:10 pm

Hey I just got the dropzone springs. I also got the dropzone shocks and struts that work with the springs. The dealer said the shocks can handle up to a 4 inch drop alone, eventho I'm only going to do 2 inches. Is it necessary to get a camber kit? I'm a little confused with this. Please help me out. Already at 305 bones. I think the kit works like eibach in which I don't have to purchase an additional camber kit. Iunno.

rfmok
TRogers

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:40 am

Try it all out, go in for an allignment. They will tell you if you need CC plates.
rfmok

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Hey guys, I got lucky! Turns out that my springs, shocks and struts worked out well! I hear a lot of negative rumors about drop zone b/c of their value, but I have to say, it really improved my ride and looks great! It rides like a buick on the road, smoooth and tight! I noticed that the car really picks up speed with smooth transmission. Also, the 2" drop looks awesome. I got lucky, no camber kit needed. Wheel alignment is good. The people said it'll prolly drop even more when the springs set *drools*. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you guys how it all turned out. If you're thinking about dropzone, I don't know about the rest, but from my experience it worked out great and I got a great value. :-D. Now for the underbody light kit...

rfmok
Chris

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:38 pm

I still recommend getting an alignment.
rfmok

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:37 am

I got alignment. Camber not needed. You have to get an alignment Chris.

Rfmok
02BlueStang

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:03 pm

If you drop the stang anything more than 1.5" the stock camber plates cannot be used to correct the alignment issues...trust me, Ive dropped over 8 stangs and none of them have been able to do it....well, properly that is, you can get close but be prepared to go through tires about 2x faster than you normally would.....Also if you lower the stang any more than 2" without adding anything else besides shocks and struts you are going to mess with the steering and handling of the car.....I read your other post about hitting on the fender walls when you turn....this is only the start of your problems....Once the springs settle you will get about another 1/4" of drop and wont be able to drive it as you are going to start having issues with bumpsteer, shocks going out, bottoming out, steering problems as well as braking problems....If I were you I would take the springs out and get either H and R Supersports or Eibach Sportlines....just my .02
rfmok

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:17 pm

Hey man, thanks! I will see what happens. I was hoping to run into you b/c I read your stang posts too. Hopefully things will work out. I did get shocks and struts to go with the springs tho. It is low, springs have settled. Hey blustang, how are you liking the scraping over speed bumps? haha, I'm working on it. I can get over it if I hit it real slow at an angle but I still have to practice. Any tips? Thanks.

rfmok
02BlueStang

Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:19 pm

not really any tips, it does help to take them at an angle because it allows the Cats to clear with a tire still on the speed bump....You are hitting your CAT converters, and we dont really need those now do we icon_cool.gif

Time to learn where you can and cannot go, and it only sucks cause you will find out the hard way icon_lol.gif

I would invest in some Caster Camber plates as soon as possible, it will help with steering, stability of the car and make cornering a lot better...not to mention you wont go through tires as fast icon_cool.gif
rfmok

Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:04 pm

How many plates do you recommend? I see lots of plates sold as a pair so will I need to get 4 of them for front and rear? Also, what do you mean not needing the CAT converters? Even with caster plates, still going to scrape. Is there really a better approach?
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:27 pm
Page 1 of 1