Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

ok i just picked up a bunch of neons for my truck realycheap

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:02 pm

not sure where to instal everything. i got 3 10inch purple neons. probably under the seats front/back.
and i got 3 pairs of 3inch black lights and a 15inch black light for around the front area mounted high. and the 15inch mounted around the back seat somewhere. and i also got 18ft of purple neons string wire now.
these are going in my 96 jimmy 4door suv.
just not sure realy where to mount the black lights up front yet...... any ideas?

i got all of these neons REALY DIRT CHEAP!!!! 4 bucks for each!
i also got 2 10inch blue neons but purly by accident!!!!!! thought i was geting 5 purple neons. but theses where so cheap i dont want to take them back just incase it was a mistake. icon_smile.gif they where ticketed like 7.50 and some 8bucks each and i got them for only 4bucks each! icon_smile.gif
silentalero

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:24 am

probly a reason, what brand are they?
dbismyname

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:37 am

you got a jimmy too? what kind of system you got? im pimpin a white 95 4wd. stock as hell right now icon_sad.gif but im workin on it icon_twisted.gif
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:16 pm

well i had a system in it but im upgrading again! icon_smile.gif i had a 15inch adire brahma, with a RE RE35.1D amp ported.
now im upgrading to a 18inch RE XXX, and a MMats D3000HC modded amp. ported with a 10cubic ft box. sure to make my ears bleed for awhile. icon_smile.gif bought the amp and should be geting it sometime next week hopefully, then i just gotta save up for the sub. ive got 400saved right now but i want to pay off my credit card first this month. then after the bill ill put the sub on the credit card so i got another month to save up. icon_smile.gif

the brand is Quest with the 10inch neons and lite glow neon string,electrica black lights. pleanty birght tho. expetialy for 4bucks each. icon_smile.gif im gonna go back right now and buy the rest of the purple neons.

check out my website for all the pictures and mods ive done. most are cheap and inexpensive besides the stereo.LOL
pimento

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:34 pm

You picked up a great amp, its slammin my Power HE2's and my car thumps louder than any other in this town icon_biggrin.gif.
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:07 pm

ya ive always heard good things about MMats. and well now that im geting high and higher in the quality products i thought id go for it finaly!
never thought id be layen down about 1,000bucks for one amp and one subwoofer. icon_smile.gif but i tell ya what its gonna absolutly KILL my previous setups.LOL
pimento

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:11 pm

i got my MMATS amp (D3000HC) for $900, which is a smokin deal, its usually 1400-1800 here.

I got my subs and box for 1200 total. The subs are 1200 retail and the box was custom made with labor and supplies it came to $700. Theres always a deal out there icon_smile.gif.
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:18 pm

dam you paid 900 bucks for that amp? OUCH
i just payed 380 shiped for a modded one. slightly used but looks perfect! highly maintained. and the subs is gonna be about 500bucks
pimento

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:20 pm

the best price i foudn o nthe net in Canadian $ and shipped to me was $1200 for the amp.

The best price i dound locally was $1400 icon_razz.gif.

IS the amp hot rodded? Because if it is be careful man heh, even blowign a sub will cook the amp.
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:25 pm

ya my sub and amp are gonna be inside my truck so if it starts to burn anything i turn it off and check things out. and is that canadian or US currency?
pimento

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:31 pm

Canadian icon_smile.gif Sometimes i hate living up here heh.

Yea, im debating on weither or not to hot rod my amp but i dont think i will because if it starts to cook anything its too late :(just be careful is all and you shouldnt have too many problems icon_smile.gif.
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:52 pm

o i will be careful. icon_smile.gif just gotta set everything properly. or a little lower. ive got a friend thats got a the new and old meters and some other goodies that im sure can help me out seting the gains to thier max with a clean signal. and also get some spl numbers to start out with. icon_smile.gif
pimento

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:02 pm

Awesome, keep me updated on how the amp does
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:05 pm

i will. when i get the amp im gonna hook it up to my friends alpine type R 15 with the gains turned WAY LOW!!!!!! just so i can have some bass back in my truck.LOL
pimento

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:08 pm

awesone, you should go for 2 MMATS 15" juggernauts icon_biggrin.gif
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:12 pm

na. i like the single 18inch RE XXX subwoofer. never had a 18 before and i just want people to look in thinking to see alot of subs and just seeing this one BEAST!!!!! and say DAMMMMMMMMM icon_smile.gif you know how that goes! and im also gonna make a plexiglass view into the box with mirrored plexiglass on EVERY WALL inside the box with some neons. its gonna kick ass for sure!!!!!!
pimento

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:15 pm

so got for the 18" juggernaut, thejug. sub is one of the most impressive ive seen hehe.
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:26 pm

i dont see any jugg 18s........ and well i love the new RE design also! have you seen them?

A TRUE BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aken

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:29 pm

Inverted........blah.

Not a fan. I like being able to see my cone bounce like a mutha **** icon_twisted.gif
pimento

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:30 pm

Never seen em, i just know that juggs rulke lol, and i knwo there are 18's, but since MMATS is a such a small company maybe you have to request em?
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:40 pm

IVE LIKED INVERTED MAGS BEFORE BUT THIS IS WHY IM INSTALING A PLECIGLASS VIEW INTO THE BOX AND MIRRORS ON THE WALLS INSIDE. icon_smile.gif
Aken

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:42 pm

Where's my caps lock GIF..... sleeping.gif
addiction2bass

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:58 pm

sorry just typed it realy quick and to lazy to take it off and re type it.......
Brandon

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:58 am

That's how mine looked icon_sad.gif but she's gone now.... stolen icon_sad.gif
addiction2bass

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:09 pm

that sucks! did you have an alarm???????? icon_wink.gif my trucks alarm is geting redone preaty soon into alot beter one with a paging unit. ive had them before and loved em!
Brandon

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:12 pm

yah, I have an alarm, but the lot I have to park at in college is in the middle of no where and no one heard it. They also unhooked my battery to shut it off when they broke in. I'm going to strip out everything (neons and all), upgrade my alarm so that it has a battery back up, and then I'll start playing w/ stuff again. But I think my car is going home and staying home until I get my own place down here. I'm so ****.

But next year's stereo will be huge! I'm starting it now.
addiction2bass

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:24 pm

ya. my backup batery will be the 2ndary optima batery in the rear icon_smile.gif they wont notice that boy in the rear! and good thing is im never to far from my truck so not to worried with a paging alarm. and ive also got full coverage and im gonna take tons of pictures of it. and also gonna use some of selectProducts security screws to hols the amp and sub down. and thats even after i cover the amp and sub with another layer of mdf to hide the screw holes. so ive got it preaty well narowed down to avoid theft. but like always if its a pro theyll just drag the truck up onto a flat bed or in a semi trailer and drive off and ill find the skeloton MAYBE some day...... icon_neutral.gif
but hopefully that never happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TypeRBass

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:32 pm

addiction2bass wrote:
and thats even after i cover the amp and sub with another layer of mdf to hide the screw holes.

have fujn gettin the sub out if you need to them icon_smile.gif hehe
addiction2bass

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:22 pm

ill be able to take the covers off with more security screws in the corners still realy simple. but dificult for a thief that doesnt know that....... icon_smile.gif and if they cannt get to the screws and they cannt get under the amp or sub to pry it out.... thiers alot beter of a chance they cannt get it. icon_smile.gif
it multipurpose...... theft and looks. icon_biggrin.gif so its all good!
The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:42 pm
Page 1 of 1