Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

well this really sucks....(long post)

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:16 am

i got pulled over today by a state tropper....i was coming out of a side road onto a main road..and he was at the light facing the other direction than i was trying to go..i pull out and go..i see him sit up in his seat and look right at me...i looked in my mirro and hi flipped his lights on and busted a U turn and came right after me...so i was like WTF?..so i pull over and here is what i was pulled over.....1)no front License plate...2)no orange reflectors in corner lenses....3)no orange light in corner lense(i had just put white bulbs in there like an hour earlier..lol).....4)exhaust is to loud...so he ***** motsly about the exhaust and says that any aftermarket exhaust thats is any louder than stock is illegal..so i give him my license and registration..he gets his flash light and goes from the front of my truck to the back looking for anything he could find..so he added to the list of things pulled over for......5)vehical lower than state requirments......6)since the vehical is lower the headlight aim is wrong....7)since i lowerd it,the shocks and suspension now need to be inspected....so now he got to giving me a fix it ticket....which now means...i have like less thana month to get it inspected..and the exhaust is illegal so it needs to be removed and replaced..and i need to fix all that minor stuff...so i at first was **** that i had to buy new exhaust then i thought to myself..it doesnt matter if i buy new exhaust i will not pass inspection no matter what anymore..i got pulled over on my way home from my buddies shop..where we spent all day today shaving the handles no my truck...cant pass inspection with shaved handles,btw.all that looking the cop did and he didnt even notice that,i mean you can still smell the welds.lol...but he spent alot of tiem looking under the truck for bags,so now i need to find one of those shops who you can pay off to pass you..lol...so now i have 2 $55 tickets and a fix it ticket

ohh btw..yea i got the handles shaved on the X today..lol..pics sometime this weekend
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:35 am

I dont see why you can't have shaved handles? And why can't your car be as low as you want it to be?

Sorry to hear this kind of stuff is happening to good people.
vice

Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:38 am

you cant have shaved handled because they say if your in an accidnet how are they supposed to get you out...what i say in return is,if its that serioud break my damn window and pull me out..as for height...i think it has to do with headlights being a certain height off the ground so you can see and other drivers can see you better..i dont know for sure
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:42 am

My headlights are the most obnoxious ones I have seen... First of all they have the PG platinum bulbs in them and they are aimed wayyy to high because I had to take them out and didn't aim them the way they were stock.

They look so good at night though.

The shaved door handle thing makes sense but yeah... they could just break the window... or chances are if it is that bad the window might already be broken. Tell them your car came like that icon_smile.gif Say the factory ran out of door handles one day and so they just didnt put them on icon_smile.gif

Are bag's illegal too there?
vice

Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:48 am

im not sure if bags are illegal...i mean he was looking for them as if finding them would be a problem but as long as your not being stupid with them i think they should be ok...but im not completly sure..but i do know that one day i will have them..the funny thing is he was leaning all over the tires and looking for air lines and stuff laying on the ground...when all he had to do was either look in the bed for an air tank or compressor...or look at my dash for gauges and a swicth box...but not he rather lay on the ground and waste 20 in of my time..lol..i even told him "if your looking for air bags i dont have any"..but no..he kept looking
88oldscutlass

Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:07 pm

here's what you do if a cop pulls you over you jump out of your car walk over to his and start writing things down on whatever paper you have and write him a ticket for having illegal lights on his car and all the lighting a cop has. when he gets out of his car to beat you down with his knight stick you hit him in the face shoot a fireman's throw on him ( a real wrestling move) snatch his hand cuffs and cuff him lean him against his car, take his gun and shoot him in the knee caps. or you could just sit in your car and get the ticket which would probably be better off in the long run.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:10 pm

lol
88oldscutlass

Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:17 pm

what was i thinking that cop would shoot your ass so quick its not even funny.
vice

Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:51 pm

i think i'd take my chances with the ticket..lol
pontiac4evr_14

Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:51 pm

idk you might have a good 2 seconds or so while he gets the gun out and takes the safety off.
ReallyLost

Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:49 am

In my old 1985 Camaro, I had a strobe light, not for automotive use, think it came from radiocrack, but none the less I had cracked it open & wired it up in the middle of the headliner. Got a nasty $145 ticket for that.
It was white, but through my tint looked a blueish purple. Sitting at a Car Club meeting in a parking lot, with it on, cop rolled up asked who's cool car it was, then bang, ticket for me. I chose to take it to court, the officer didnt show up, so I paid $25 court fee's instead. Sometimes it pays to take the ticket into traffic court icon_wink.gif
vice

Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:31 am

if the officer didnt show up you shouldnt even have had to pay court costs....at least thats how it works here...
ReallyLost

Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:50 am

your right, I looked back into my records. I didn't have to pay any fees. the $25 was a VSL (Vehicle Sound Licsense), which is something totally different. Hmm wonder if my memory ( in me head ) is upgradable sometimes icon_lol.gif
The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:48 am
Page 1 of 1