Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

H4 headlight HID wiring

Author
Owner, Oznium.com

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:28 pm

The H4 HID bulbs have a low beam HID and a high beam halogen built in next to it. The wiring is like this:

Regular H4 HID kit wiring (for the Bi-xenon wiring scroll down)
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:14 pm

I had to wire mine backwards to get it to work correctly icon_sad.gif Where was this 5 weeks ago?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:27 pm

What do you mean backwards?
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:30 am

Instead of plugging it in like green with green, black with black, and yellow with yellow, I had to instead plug it in green with black, black with green, and yellow with yellow. Took me a long time to figure that out!
GlowinPontiac

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:26 pm

what happens when the halogen burns out? can it be replaced seperately or do you have to replace the whole HID bulb assembly?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:30 pm

replace the whole thing, or dont worry about it because the HID is much brighter anyways
slimsdizz

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:58 pm

in the 06 scions you have to fuse the hid wire and the halogen wire together if you want both thats why I am retrofiting some yellow lensed foglights with some projector lenses for my 4000k and then I can run halogens and have high and low beam and run the hid's as a foglight sepratly I just need the hardwiring instructions to eliminate the use of the factory wiring harness.
akina_86

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:07 pm

so HID installation is just like plug n play? why are there some cases wherein the wires are burned or the bulbs are burned out. what do you think is the reason for these problems?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:09 pm

The reason for these problems is: too much current passing through too small of a wire.

I've never had a problem with mine nor do I know anyone who has had a problem with their HID kit on the stock wiring.
akina_86

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:44 am

Phil: what is the usual capacity of the stock wiring? mine is 50-55 watts. is that enought for the HID? i believe the HID consumes only 35w. how about your stock wires? what's the capacity?
Roberrtsk8

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Ive got a problem. The Hids work, though when high beams are activated the hid and halogen lights flicker and go out. High beam halogens do not work, however the filment is still intact. In order for the hid to work correctly I had to switch the green hid wire with the black ground wire, and the black ground wire with the green hid wire. The yellow hallogen is still in the same location, however the actual high beam hallogen does not work. Also note, when the hids are on, the high beam indicator light remains on in the car, even when the high beams are not on.
Cooper

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:05 pm

Phil am I seeing things or does that kit have a BLUE high beam ?! That's such a ridiculously fantastic idea considering you'll never use the high beam anyway .. why not color it ?
rollatuner110

Post Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:33 pm

I have the same problem as Roberrtsk8. Trying to install the HID kit in a 05 Scion xB. The low beam HID works, but the high beam indicator is on even though the high beams are off. And the high beams don't work at all. slimsdizz mentioned that you have to fuse the hid wire and halogen wire together? Which color coded ones are they? Or is it really necessary. I'm probably wiring it wrong somehow. I copied the pictures posted by phil and even reversed the order.

I just checked out a scion forum and they say that for scions a relay harness is needed. Relay harness
Aken

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:25 am

You've got to remember that not every car has the exact same plug configurations for the headlights. Just because Phil's picture example works for that model doesn't mean it'll work in an xB for example.

You should not have to fuse the HID and halogen wires together. And a relay harness is NOT required, although it is optional (the one you posted appears to plug directly into an HID kit - if so, it will not work with Oznium's HID kit).

The best thing to do is to use a multimeter to figure out which plug controls which function, and then connect your HID kit accordingly. There should only be three options: Low beam positive, high beam positive, and common ground (negative). Please note that HID kits are NOT compatible with stock halogen bulbs equipped with Daytime Running Lights.

I know a bunch of people over at www.scionlife.com have installed our HID kits in their xB's, maybe you want to ask around over there for advice as they are a Scion-specific board, whereas we aren't. I would help you, but I don't have an xB.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:57 pm

Bi-Xenon H4 HID kit wiring

User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
Godspeed07

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:20 am

hey guys great write up, i just ordered an H4 hid kit, however there is no high and low beam, just low beam. There is no "electro magnet ground wires" on my kit just the HID hub, ballast power interconnet with a small wire attached to the black wire, HID bulb power wires (from the hub), and the ballast itself. how would i hook this thing up (where do i plug the red and black wires from the ballast power interconnet into the plug on the harnes). I have a 98 camry, and the plug on the harnes is pictured exactly like the initial picture for the post, however the wire colors are 1.red/blue 2.red/black 3.red/white. Could you please help, ive been searching wireing diagrams all morning.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:36 am

Anyways, just take the 2 power wires from the ballast and stick them into 2 of the 3 sockets on the stock headlight harness. You'll just have to guess which 2 sockets. If one combination doesn't work, try a new combination until it does work.

Good luck!
Godspeed07

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:40 am

sadly no it looks like i bought an inferior product.....the reason i ask is because i don't want to burn or blow anything.....could that happen at all?? Thanks for the fast reply too
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:47 pm

I don't think it will damage anything
Godspeed07

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:32 am

Got it working....6K is pretty bright huh lol, pretty happy with my cheapo kit. Thanks for the help
KrzysD

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:37 pm

i just recieved my hid kit from Oznium, but im having a bit of a dilema, not in the installing of it but with the hardware i was provided, i recived four harnesses that are to be connected to the factory plug, two have male ends and two have female ends, plus the hi/lo cable, now the cable that goes from the ballest to the harness has one male and one female. which ever pair im using im stuck with a male to male or female to female. i dont know if this is right or if someone was drunk when they made the cable. any help would be great.
Thanks
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi KrzysD, I looked up your order and see you ordered the bi-xenon.

You'll have to hardwire the male & male ends together. This photo should help:

User posted image
KrzysD

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:12 pm

Perfect! Thanks for the QUICK reply! icon_smile.gif.

my mistake was not coming to this site in the first place, ordered some lights and the bulbs blew in about 2 months. icon_sad.gif

but the ballest is awesome though with it being digital and thin

i was also wondering if i could/should use the digital ballests with Oznium hid bulbs, since i already have mounts on the xtralight ballests it'll be a pain to unmount those then mount flowlighting in, i will mount them if you dont recommend it though, just thought i'd ask.

thanks Again
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:32 pm

I think you can use your existing ballasts.
Black DX

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:40 pm

as long as your ballasts are using AMP connectors, like shown above, than you can use the bulbs off Oznium.... and from the pics they show on their site they're amp connectors...
KrzysD

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:17 pm

alright guys, i got a puzzler for ya.

hooked up the lights today double checked the connection and the connectors, changed the fuses to 25A and mounted the ballests in a place away from heat.

start the up with my switch and nothing, turn on the brights, boom i get light, but on hi, unplug the magnet and switches to lo.

anyone have any ideas why the lo dont work like there sopposed to?
Aken

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:27 am

Sounds like your low beam and high beam wires are backwards. Switch them.

There's no way the high beam is actually turning on the bulb - it's only supposed to move the shield.
KrzysD

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:20 am

switched em, now they flash like a strobe lights.
Aken

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Well then something else is backwards. Use a multimeter to figure out which slot does what.
KrzysD

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:56 pm

Finally got them working right i had to get a wiring harness, and a hi/lo controller, and i had to reverse the polarity on the magnet, but now they work perfect, still gotta aim them but im to tired to do that now, theres gonna be **** people on the road tomorrow lol
d-train88

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:54 pm

i just bought the 8k O-NEX hid set up for my 99 4runner and after install all i got was one flicker and then nothing. the kit only came with two connecters for the harness!!
any help would be appericated
KrzysD

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:18 pm

if you could post some pics we can try to help you
d-train88

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:11 pm

sry igot them to work just fine. now i cant turn on my fog lights with the headlights on or off. i believe the fog light's ground was the same as the high beam ground, my kit was for low beam only.
tprouty

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:15 am

Hello, Just seeking some advice...
I bought a bi-xenon kit about 3 months back and I am still unable to get my highs to work..
I bought this wire harness from Xenon Expert. and now i lost my fog lights.. but i dont care about those.... I am still unable to get my High beams to work. and its getting annoying... I have wired the bulbs correct, If i play with the wiring to my car harness I can get the bulbs to flash like a strobe lights. and thats about it... do i need to replace a fuse any where? Do I need to buy something else? cerwin.gif cerwin.gif cerwin.gif
tprouty

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:38 pm

Ok, an update.....Here is how my wiring is setup.... Wire harness from battery to the ballast, lights plugged into stock harness.

I now have my fog lights, it turned out my left headlight fuse was blown and caused a bunch of problems.

So, now when i turn on my highbeams, my fogs turn off (like they should) and now my headlights do too... I do hear them moving like the high beams should turn on... Is this caused because I am losing power somewhere? I see mentioned above about a hi/lo controller, do I need one of those?
Fo_SheeZy

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:50 am

Ok I was just looking at my HID's there is no blue halogen bulb anywhere to be found, and I was looking at the bulbs in this thread and mine are definitely the Bi-xenon, so my question is why does it have the color of a stock halogen bulb, were they wired wrong? I believe he also mixed up the high and low beam, my low is the stock halogen, which is brighter when you look at it, but as far as light output on a scale from 1 to 10, I give it a 2. My high beam is HID(but its really the low beam), which looks good. So what's wrong? What do I need to do to fix it?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:53 am

I think it is best if you can take a picture of the bulb so we can determine which one you got.
Fo_SheeZy

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:20 am

It's definitely the Bi-Xenon, it's got that silver piece under the bulb like in the picture above, and there's no small halogen bulb anywhere to be seen.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:59 am

Try swapping the position of the B & C wires. Leave the A wire where it is.
Fo_SheeZy

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Ok I did that, The high and low beams are fixed now, but the highbeam is still yellow... lol
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Ok, if the high beams are still yellow, then you got the regular H4 instead of the bi-xenon which you ordered.

Perhaps you want to keep this kit, and I will refund the difference in price. For high beams, you can tie in your off road lights.

It's what I do in my 4Runner! I just use the regular H4 HIDs, and then I have some nice offroad lights that come on with the high beams.
Fo_SheeZy

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:43 pm

So there's no way they are wired wrong? Because I'm more than 100% sure these are the Bi-xenon bulbs, judging from the pics on page 1. My bulbs have the silver piece under them and there is no blue tiny halogen bulb anywhere... And the high beam doesn't work well, it has no light output at all. I was also looking at the HID bulb when the highbeams were on, the yellow light output comes from the HID bulb.

I run my hella 500's all the time when I'm driving, the way I have them mounted they point down at the ground and light up the area around my car. I really need a good working high beam, because where I live I drive on a lot of dark curvy roads at night where animals tend to stand out in the road and stuff.
Fo_SheeZy

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Pics of my headlights, they look like the bi-xenon to me...

Right headlight

Left headlight
Fo_SheeZy

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Ok nevermind, I'm an idiot, these are the regular H4 HID's. My friend at work showed me the different bulbs, I thought the halogen bulb would've been blue but it's clear...
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:15 pm
Page 1 of 1