Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Help me fiqure this out. Hidden Compartment.

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:43 am

maybe some magnets? glue them to the bottom of the shelf and mount tabs in each corner for the other magnets. also, how are u going to keep the liqour secure? just thinking, wonder if he shakes it to see if theres anything hidding and he hears bottles clinging together?? if thats the case, maybe mount a piece of wood inside the compartment about 3inches or so from the bottom, with holes cut to fit various sized bottles. just an idea hah
GoldenRod

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:34 am

I was thinking magnets too. BabiesRUs has a lot of baby-proof magnet locks (can you tell I have kids... icon_razz.gif ) You don't need the "key" that comes with it, just any decent magnet (in case you lose the key in a drunken stupor or something)
Cooper

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:09 am

Isn't a quart basically one bottle of booze ?
stasis-

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:39 am

empty and clean out beer bottles and fill em with liquor icon_cool.gif
oldskoolhonda

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:34 am

is it going to be refridgerated? or what
josh9015

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:50 am

put the liquor in 2 liter soda bottles
oldskoolhonda

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:13 pm

or better yet, find a way to run like 3/4 inch pvc pipe throught the whole contraption and have a secret spout or something :laugh:

EDIT: the pvc pipe would he the "holding tanks" of the booze

EDIT2: ideas just keep comin to me, what if you had like a bladder in the bottom half of the mini bar? like some wines that come in a box, there a cardboard box, with a plastic "bladder" in htem...
ImagoX

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:01 pm

So... what you're saying is that you want to bring in more than the quart of allowed liquor. It's not a drinking age thing (you stated that you and everyone that will be drinking is above the legal limit) - it's a QUANTITY issue? Obviously your statement about wanting to hide it from people that might "raid the bar" is totally secondary - if that was your main concern then you'd just put a big, obvious padlock on the thing.

As such, I wonder about the wisdom of hiding your illegal quantity in the bar. Isn't that the first place that they'll look? I mean, come on, if you're really "on the RA's radar" and he/she observes people going in and out of your room staggering around with liquor on their breath, then won't they just rock the minibar and hear bottles clinking or liquid sloshing no matter HOW well you create a secret compartment?

There are times that I feel like I missed out on something because I attended a college that had no campus or traditional dorms (my school was located in downtown Chicago and if we wanted to go there, we had to get our own apartments after freshman year), but not when I hear stuff like this. I mean, honestly, how much thought are you putting into breaking a rule like this? And the best solution you came up with is to hide the stash in the ONE place you KNOW for a certainty they'll check? maybe you've been drinking too much to think straight.

icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif
ImagoX

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:38 pm

So why not just get a trunk and padlock it? Then they'd be hidden from sight and secured. Chain the trunk to the bed frame if you're worried about someone stealing the trunk, I guess... No need to go to Byzantine lengths that way, if you're really above getting searched like you say.

Or do you just want a cool "James Bond mini bar"? icon_cool.gif

Still seems to me that if you ARE caught with liquor stashed in a specially constructed "secret compartment" (with a stealthed lock, no less) then it would be even worse than just being caught with a quantity of booze that's over the limit - if I were a campus administrator, I'd DEFINITELY factor that in on top of the ammount of booze... Honestly, the next question I'd be asking myself would be "...what ELSE was he planning on stashing in there? Felony narcotics?" A clear intention to conceal is certainly something that could be factored against you if the worst happens and you get caught. I'll take a simple "In possession of quantities exceeding campus limits" over a potential "Intent to conceal and possibly redistribute/sell" any day and twice on Sunday.

Just something to keep in mind. I know that older people don't know nuthin' 'bout 'nuthin and we're all sticks in the mud that only care about ruining people's good time, but....

Good luck, bro. icon_cool.gif
SickWitIt

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Cut a hole in your floor, and have midgets hide in there with the bottles... icon_lol.gif
thumpinbass134

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:52 pm

haha door popper would work, if u wanted to pay for them, magnets are prolly going to be the cheapest,easyiest to do.

i never had a treehouse either lol its just i have a goofy imagination
Losing quickly

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:54 pm

the latch
thumpinbass134

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:01 pm

awwww ur not even goin to try??????? lol well if u ever decide to do it, we are always here haha
GlowinPontiac

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:08 pm

my friends just put a trunk in the middle of the room with a blanket over it so it looked like an end table. RA never found it. altho there was no limit on the booze but at the time they were underage.
Glowin97x

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:11 pm

i would suggest those magnents that usually come on entertainment centers where you push in to get them to unlock. It wouldnt be locked per se but if you cut the door edge in the center of those ribbed parts on the bottom you couldnt see it. The door would swing open only when you pushed on it. Itd be pretty sweet. However, like imagoX said i wouldnt hide things there, id use it as a coolness factor
FatManDan

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:24 pm

thumpinbass134 wrote:
awwww ur not even goin to try??????? lol well if u ever decide to do it, we are always here haha

if people on here wernt such **** asshats then maybe he'd have the spirit to do this.....

wow me standing up for moss icon_rolleyes.gif biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif
Aken

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:42 pm

Make about four or so of those slots on the bottom on a hinge so you can push it forward, revealing your lock for the top.
CoppellStereo

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:07 pm

use false books.
like the scene from anchorman ... time to musk up. Sex Panther by Odion. Its made with bits of real panther, so you know its good.
thats a formidable scent, to be honest with you - that smells like pure gasoline
Tim

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:05 am

^ icon_rolleyes.gif
corvettecrazy

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:26 am

take some screws, shorter than the width of that
support" piece on the top and countersink them into it. Anyone with half a brain would look at than and question what its doing on top if there are no screws going into the side of the unit.
The time now is Thu May 24, 2018 7:54 pm
Page 1 of 1