Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

So I'm in Advanced Auto parts

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:34 pm

...and the dude is answering questions about lighting to someone. I am no expert by FAR...but this dude was an idiot. So I'm like "yo..check out oznium.com" I start explaining the different stuff..and I'm like "..much better lights then this store brand crap and you dont have to plug them into your ciggarrette lighter"

and then the dude kicked me out for soliciting or something..I'm like wtf? I'm not SELLING the product..I'm just advising because your a dumb ass! ...Oh well icon_sad.gif.
Aken

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:45 pm

Welcome to generic retail. Most people don't know ****, it's just a job.
Tim

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:52 pm

What a tool...the guy who kicked you out.
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:32 pm

When I worked at O'Reilly's my manager threw away a large stack of OZ business cards I had stashed by my drawer. I just kept few in my wallet and handed them out when I got the chance. Now that I work at advance my manager does not even care what I do.
djtecthreat

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:46 pm

Which is why my friends are constantly stealing from advanced auto-parts. The one near my house doesnt have magnetic thingies, so my friends go in there and fill their pockets up with all kinds of stuff. One even stole 2 chrome exhaust tips and a K&N air intake (not all at once, but over like 3 days time).

btw: i buy my stuff and work hard to do so a couple of my friends are thieves becuase of high prices and little to no work around here. heh
GlowinPontiac

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:29 pm

^^your friends are going to feel like retards when they get arrested for stealing some 3dollar tire caps and end up with a criminal record. icon_rolleyes.gif
Moss

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:39 pm

SE1289 wrote:
...and the dude is answering questions about lighting to someone. I am no expert by FAR...but this dude was an idiot. So I'm like "yo..check out oznium.com" I start explaining the different stuff..and I'm like "..much better lights then this store brand crap and you dont have to plug them into your ciggarrette lighter"

and then the dude kicked me out for soliciting or something..I'm like wtf? I'm not SELLING the product..I'm just advising because your a dumb ass! ...Oh well icon_sad.gif.

Your not selling the product, But your advertisings the product on their premise. If you were doing the same thing with tallywhackers and flim flams by the dozen he would have kicked you out. You donít need goods in hand to be soliciting or advertising.

People who hang sings on their front door are preventing people from coming to their door and advertising products for them to buy. Same difference, way to spread the word but I would have booted you out of the store as well.
djtecthreat

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:03 pm

GlowinPontiac wrote:
^^your friends are going to feel like retards when they get arrested for stealing some 3dollar tire caps and end up with a criminal record. icon_rolleyes.gif

Their prerogative, Not mine. But i'm not going to defriend them for what they do, i just chose not to get involved with that.
Moss

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:04 pm

"defriend" what is this Myspace?
SickWitIt

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:10 pm

Lmmfao
djtecthreat

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:30 pm

Sorry for using the improper prefix. But if this was MySpace. that sentence would look something like..

"D@m dem k1dz b3 st3@l1n sh1t, but d3y st1ll m1 fr13ndz fur r3@l"
Ryan88

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:32 pm

70 l337 4 m3
Moss

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:35 pm

Not the myspace profiles I have viewed, they normally include females wearing small amount of clothing posing in profane ways.

But hell, your myspace pages must be alot more exciting with that stuff. Only time I heard "defriend" was regards into people cutting people from their list on a Myspace or the likes, take no offense. Also the only place where friend is an action.
djtecthreat

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:45 pm

I've never seen "defriend" used on myspace, i'm not big into the myspace scene anyway, i have one and all the friends i actually know are on my "friends list" so its only like 50 or so people.

I just used the quasi-word without really thinking it through.
SickWitIt

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:13 am

Not this leet **** again
ImagoX

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:59 am

djtecthreat wrote:
Which is why my friends are constantly stealing from advanced auto-parts. The one near my house doesnt have magnetic thingies, so my friends go in there and fill their pockets up with all kinds of stuff. One even stole 2 chrome exhaust tips and a K&N air intake (not all at once, but over like 3 days time).

btw: i buy my stuff and work hard to do so a couple of my friends are thieves becuase of high prices and little to no work around here. heh

Sorry, but while I don't usually slam people on online forums, I have to say...

Dude... you're an effing tool and a complete idiot.

Not only do you go online and admit to knowing about a crime (even if you claim you don't participate, you're an accessory for knowing about it and not reporting it), but also...

Don't you realize that theft is one of the main reasons that PRICES ARE HIGH AT RETAIL PLACES IN THE FIRST PLACE? Every time a retailler "loses" a peice of inventory, inventory that THEY PAID WHOLESALE FOR, by the way, then they lose money. If they lose enough money, they have to raise the prices of the stuff that they DO sell to cover their profits. Without profits, retallers can't pay employee salaries, keep the lights on or stay in business.

This isnt some Robin Hood "stealing from the rich" BS, it's lazy, slacker **** that drives up costs for the rest of us.

Wherever your buddies operate, they better pray to God that I'm not around when they decide to do this, because I swear to you here and now that if *I* ever witness some slack-jawed, mouth-breathing lowlife slipping merchandise into their jacket that I WILL report them. If I'm having a bad day, I might just "accidentally" drop a battery, floor jack or other heavy object on their foot, as well. Then, you know, when someone's down, it's just so easy, unfortunately, to, you know, sort of trip on them, kicking them repeatedly in the mouth. Damn shame, that...

Jesus, what a tool...
djtecthreat

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:13 pm

I'm a tool? haha.

And talk about mouth breathers. I cant control what people do, i can only control ME.

and while they may be thieves you're talking about physically harming them (which is a crime) and possibly damaging that store's merchandise in doing so. You're incredibly tough.
TheBrick

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:26 pm

everyone knows people who steal or do illegal things.

So what.
Tim

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:31 pm

That was a lot of commas in that last sentence ImagoX. But I agree, stealing is stupid and I'd report anyone I see stealing any day of the week. Stealing should be right up there with murder.
steven_mckenz

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:36 pm

djtecthreat wrote:
I'm a tool? haha.

And talk about mouth breathers. I cant control what people do, i can only control ME.

and while they may be thieves you're talking about physically harming them (which is a crime) and possibly damaging that store's merchandise in doing so. You're incredibly tough.

Hahahaha. He's talking about physically harming a person who he catches stealing merchandise, and you're concerned about the damage done to the store merchandise in the process?? icon_rolleyes.gif
Voltage

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:37 pm

Nah he's just mad at paying high prices like we all do. That is one of the reasons why prices are high...we also have to remember that some stores charge high because they want insane profits.

Also stealing is illegal...and id be the first person to laugh when one of your buddies gets caught, especially if he starts stealing something above the Grand Theft line...which if I remember right is somewhere around 500 dollars.

Physically harming them may be a bit extreme, but calling the cops would be madatory. Oh and by the way he is right..if you know about a crime and don't report it then you can get in trouble. If he's stealing 10 dollar street glow tubes and POS items like that, well you have nothing to worry about, but you better hope you don't find out he starts stealing more expensive POS exhaust systems or other things.

I'd be especially sympathetic towards Imago if he owned ANY type of store. I know it would really **** me off if someone was stealing crap out of my store, so I can just imagine what the owner of an Advance Auto Parts would feel. Lol, he might find out and not say anything, then when your **** friend does another **** thing and asks Advance Auto or Pepboys or whoever to help install something, they intentionally mess it up.
steven_mckenz

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Voltage wrote:
Nah he's just mad at paying high prices like we all do. That is one of the reasons why prices are high...we also have to remember that some stores charge high because they want insane profits.

Also stealing is illegal...and id be the first person to laugh when one of your buddies gets caught, especially if he starts stealing something above the Grand Theft line...which if I remember right is somewhere around 500 dollars.

Physically harming them may be a bit extreme, but calling the cops would be madatory. Oh and by the way he is right..if you know about a crime and don't report it then you can get in trouble. If he's stealing 10 dollar street glow tubes and POS items like that, well you have nothing to worry about, but you better hope you don't find out he starts stealing more expensive POS exhaust systems or other things.

I'd be especially sympathetic towards Imago if he owned ANY type of store. I know it would really **** me off if someone was stealing crap out of my store, so I can just imagine what the owner of an Advance Auto Parts would feel. Lol, he might find out and not say anything, then when your **** friend does another **** thing and asks Advance Auto or Pepboys or whoever to help install something, they intentionally mess it up.

^^^ I like this guy. He's the first n00b EVER on this forum who doesn't act as one, who shows maturity, respect, and knowledge. Mucho props to you!!! icon_cool.gif
GlowinPontiac

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:09 pm

if his friends get caught in that store and the cops find out he came there with them he will also be charged with shoplifting.

and they probably know his friends steal and are waiting for them to take something more valuable so they can get higher charges. thats what the lp at my work does. he will let people steal 5 and 10 dollar stuff knowing they will get greedy and come back for a 200 dollar tool set and then he nails them and they end up with felony charges.
SE1289

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 pm

Wow, I didnt mean for my post to be this...heated, lol

People steal from my job all the time, and personally, I think they are the lowest of the low. I hate women who come in there and try to write fake checks while buyin stuff for their house that is so "sophisticated"...or the women who try and split up and take things and just walk out the front door. (its mostly women because its a home accent/hobby store).
Voltage

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:16 pm

lol its not your fault.

I am still sort of puzzled as to why you got kicked out of the store though (going back to the main topic). If you really said that the products on oznium are better, which they are, then he may have had probable cause. However you could have talked to the store manager about stocking BETTER products and getting in touch with Phil to get some Oz on the shelves ^^.
ImagoX

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:54 am

I'd never hurt anyone on purpose... I'm a nice guy. But hey, I'm not saying that I wouldn't be so SHOCKED that I might not drop the heavy item in my hands on their foot. Hopefully they won't go down because, hey, as any veteran of a mosh pit will tell you, once someone's down on the floor, all bets are off. It's hard to SEE what's happening way down there, especially when people are wearing steel-toe boots.

Of course I'd help them to their feet afterwards and offer to help stop the bleeding - that's just polite. I'd even help them find their teeth - they DO tend to get lost when they roll under the displays. Then, after they get booked for something as insanely stupid and idiotic as shoplifting, they can try and have them re-implanted.

As for "I can only control me", well, let's see... you knew about crimes you didn't report or try to stop, then you came into a forum RUN BY A MERCHANT and droppped that your idiot friends make a habbit of shoplifting. Thank God you CAN'T control other people, because quite frankly, the way you account for your own actions seems pretty ****-poor IMHO.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread... crap like this just makes my blood boil and arguing with people on the web about morality is pointless. Basically anyone lacking the common sense to not realize that this is wrong and leads to exactly the things that djtecthreat mentioned (gee... stores closing, no jobs and high prices in an area populated by lowlife theives... I wonder why THAT could be... hmmmm?) quite frankly doesn't have the brain power to understand an explaination anyway.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:16 pm

If you're gonna steal something, do it right, rob a bank.
tenminutestolate

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:40 pm

Phil has the right idea. Go extreme or don't go at all. *Remember theres sarcasm here*

djtecthreat - You and your friends are the reason why people like me (Who work in sales) can't get a raise, or make what we do. You are the reason why businesses have to charge what they charge to make up for the losses that your friends think they deserve to take. If you don't stop it, you are just as bad as your POS friends.

Gah, I'm done with that rant.

Last edited by tenminutestolate on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total
Tim

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:40 pm

Lets e-rob Oznium. Hmm...wonder how that would happen.
djtecthreat

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:47 pm

ImagoX wrote:

As for "I can only control me", well, let's see... you knew about crimes you didn't report or try to stop, then you came into a forum RUN BY A MERCHANT and droppped that your idiot friends make a habbit of shoplifting. Thank God you CAN'T control other people, because quite frankly, the way you account for your own actions seems pretty ****-poor IMHO.

Well i'm 18, i work 2 jobs while going to school have 3 trucks. Yeah, my actions are poor.

And as far as being Mr.Do-Gooder Next time you see someone blow a red light or stop sign (which is a crime you're aware of and this the reason my insurance rates are so high, because you're not out there stopping the speeders and irresponsible drivers YOU'RE A BAD PERSON) Chase them down with your Mini-Cooper, Whelen kit flashing (brought to you by Oznium) while on a 3-way phone call to the nearest county's law-enforcement dispatchers and once you catch them, rip them out of the car, drop heavy items on them (floor jacks, batteries, whatever- doesn't matter, you needed a weapon showing how extremely tough you are in your vigilante rage.) and then kick their faces in. Because physical violence on another person, another HUMAN BEING is the right way to solve a problem.

And I'm being told my actions are poor? You're honestly way off balance with your moral values. I buy my things legally from good merchants, i pay my bills on time, and i help my grandmother shop for groceries, and i donate blood. I've also never been pulled over or even so much as questioned by the police. So when the police want to come arrest me for accessory to shop-lifting StreetGlow EL-Glow pedals and shift knobs, that'll be the day I pack my **** and move to Canada.
Tim

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:18 pm

Good, we don't want you in this country anyway. icon_razz.gif

I love fueling the fire...

Chill out man, he's right. Stealing stuff is dumb and you should let your friends know that. And personally, no one on this forum gives a **** that you donate blood and help your grandma shop for groceries. You're not running for mayor.
Voltage

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Quote:
that'll be the day I pack my **** and move to Canada.

there's only one problem with your strategy. If the cops show up to arrest you, its already to late. If you decide to "pack your **** and move to canada" then you'd be caught by Interpol or somebody else, then instead of paying a fine and doing comm service, you'd be spending a few decades in jail. Your decisions as you go along in this thread are getting worse and worse.

Oh and congratulations on giving blood and helping out your grandma icon_biggrin.gif. The grandma bit reminds me of that vid on youtube of the old lady who is asleep in the crosswalk. Then the guy in the mercedes comes up honks his horn, and well you know the rest lol.
SE1289

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Yes Voltage..back to the main topic...

I was thinking about saying "hey..stock some oz products" but of cource he told me to get out at that point and I am in no mood to argue with an uptight guy.

I think you'dd have to go through the corporation to stock oz products anyway.

P.S. Stealing is stupid...letting people steal is stupid....going to canada is stupid....and ImagoX needs to be my body guard!
KaosFaction

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:54 pm

ImagoX wrote:
Anyway, I'm done with this thread... crap like this just makes my blood boil and arguing with people on the web about morality is pointless.

Sorry, I would equate both beating the crap out of someone and petty theft on the same level of immoral.

Thats the only thing I have to add. icon_neutral.gif
HoolaKinG

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:08 pm

I wouldn't be friends with people that I knew stole stuff from places. Mainly because I don't want to be associated with people that have morals such as that....but that's just me.
Voltage

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:28 pm

Quote:
Yes Voltage..back to the main topic...

I was thinking about saying "hey..stock some oz products" but of cource he told me to get out at that point and I am in no mood to argue with an uptight guy.

I think you'dd have to go through the corporation to stock oz products anyway.

P.S. Stealing is stupid...letting people steal is stupid....going to canada is stupid....and ImagoX needs to be my body guard!

Bah I guess you're right. Anyway I don't think Phil would want to stoop so low to associate his shiznit Oznium products with some POS stuff from Advance Auto. I don't think ill ever forget buying my first streetglow tube from Autozone. Plugs into cig lighter, and is hard as crap to mount with it plugged in the cig lighter.
SE1289

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:30 pm

haha i know right

i bought some crap to light up my dash from autozone..couldnt hide the cables for nothin with the pos cig plug in...plus they wernt that bright
Moss

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:40 pm

Wow, you can cut the ciggy plug off.
Cooper

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:28 am

djtecthreat wrote:

Do I even need to point out the problem with claiming that your friends are only stealing because of the tragic state of unemployment in your area.. when they're stealing **** chrome exhaust tips ? Unless they're selling them on the black market to buy their mom her heart medicine then.. uhm.. really .
TheBrick

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:32 am

You come to canada ill catch your ass icon_wink.gif
Voltage

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:22 am

Moss wrote:
Wow, you can cut the ciggy plug off.

I know you can. I actually tried it for the first time yesterday. It took me way longer then expected because the two wires (positive, ground) are like "plasticed" together and don't peal apart like you would think they would. I had to carefully use scissors to cut the plastic in between without cutting the wire. All in all way to much work for a substandard product icon_razz.gif.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm
Page 1 of 1