Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

DIY wig wag wiring

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:13 pm

This is my first time at this forum and I have a question that is auto related. I am enrolled in a basic electrical automotive class at the local community college and can't figure out one of our assignments. I need to create a circuit of two lights that flash opposite of each other (wig-wag). I've done a lot of web searching and I think I will need an oscillator and a couple of relays to make this work. Can anyone provide some guidance on this for me?

Thanks,
dmend
kornholio788

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Sorry i dont have any real advice here but just take one of ozniums Music interface use that lol JK but if u have one the interface has a "wig wag" option take it apart and see what is in there or pm phil he probably knows sorry i dont konw the real answer and cant help u here
corvettecrazy

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:10 pm

are you wig wagging LED's or actual filiment lights??
clutch1

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:41 pm

I know there's an intro soldering kit out there that creates a little siren with two wig wag-ing LEDS, you might find that helpful.

this: http://www.pololu.com/products/elenco/0321/
GlowinPontiac

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:52 pm

you could use a turn signal flasher to switch a relay on and off with one light connected to the normally open contact and one to the normally closed contact. this way when the flasher turns on the relay opens and lights one light then when the flasher shuts off the relay closes up and turns the other light on as the first turns off and then the process repeats itself.

it would be rather loud with all that clicking from the relay and flasher but it would work.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:58 pm
Page 1 of 1