Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Stationary vs Moving

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:54 pm

From what I can tell down here in Southern Cali, it's not illegal to have underbody lights and such on your vehicle as long as you follow a few certain guidelines.

The first is when your vehicle is in motion, you must have all of those lights turned off as they are deemed a distraction on the road, and someone too busy looking at your lights could get in a car accident.

The second is you can't have cop color lights. The thing I find lame about that is if you get something like the ICELED UFO kit, it is capable of puting out those colors, and therefor is instantly deemed illegal, even though you aren't attempting to impersonate an officer, and I have yet to see an officer ******* red and blue lights UNDER his car... =P

Does anyone have more details on California lighting laws?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:04 am

Yeah I am in northern cali... If you look at the california vehicle code it basically says red is illegal but every other color is legal. It is hard to understand but I think it says all interior lights are illegal.

I have cruised around with a blue underbody kit for a long time now and I have never been pulled over. If I drive with the UFO kit I just set it on a solid color like green or white.

Being illegal and getting pulled over/ticketed are two different things. A cop can pull you over for pretty much anything and I know people in california who have been pulled over and ticketed for blue underbody lights. The cop just didnt know the law or they were being mean.

I think if you have a fast car you will get hassled more than if you have a big SUV soccer mom car.

Here is a link to the CVC: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd12c2a10.htm
goinpro

Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:12 pm

yo phil where do u live in northern cali? near Roseville at all?
FatManDan

Post Mon May 31, 2004 10:43 am

i live in roseville.........but its roseville michigan icon_rolleyes.gif
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Mon May 31, 2004 11:51 am

Bay Area... Near Oakland.

But I goin to school in Tempe, AZ
And parents just moved to CO, so I spend part of the summer there and part in bay area with friends. If I could have it my way, I'd spend my whole time in the bay area, and some time on a nice tropical island.
Mav

Post Mon May 31, 2004 1:33 pm

wow, you dug up an old thread =P
Bobby Lee

Post Mon May 31, 2004 3:33 pm

Phil wrote:
Bay Area... Near Oakland.

But I goin to school in Tempe, AZ
And parents just moved to CO, so I spend part of the summer there and part in bay area with friends. If I could have it my way, I'd spend my whole time in the bay area, and some time on a nice tropical island.

maybe after Oznium expands into a multi billion dollar company you can buy your own tropical island and have neon lights everywhere... oh, and lots of flamingos too icon_wink.gif
SkyyDragRx

Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:21 pm

just move to las vegas. They got a **** load of neon lights. im sure that cops there wouldnt car. if they say it is distracting...so are all the other lights
jol102001

Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:30 pm

AAAGGGGHHHHH....... Old thread hommie.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm
Page 1 of 1