Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

State Lighting Laws Online...

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:36 am

Here is a link to all the state laws dealing with lighting...If you need more specific laws in your city or town, you might just want to ask the police or someone in the town that would know...hope this helps some people...

The_Mastor

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:51 pm

Nice find, should be a sticky for all the new people who want to check out their state. icon_smile.gif
mbear2489

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:58 pm

i cant understandthat stuff
jdusty914

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:49 am

If you can't understand it then go ask the police in your town....Or as some people say don't cut your lights on...
Tim

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:07 am

Looking under Michigan they have something about FLASHING, OSCILLATING, OR ROTATING LIGHTS but nothing about solid color lights. Loop hole?
jdusty914

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:27 am

sure why not...if it does not actually say it then cops technically cannot do anything about it...they can question it all they want but it is not in there...I got out of a ticket due to that reason...Tennessee says you can't have red or blue flashing lights...nothing about solid on...So I guess it is up to your and the cops interpretation...
Voltage

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:12 pm

Remember! If there are little loopholes like that then always keep a copy of the laws in your car, and highlight the parts that point out the loophole!
speedineon

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:15 am

i couldnt find if led lights in VA are illegal but thats what im trying to get for my neon ill get a pic on here soon email me and tell me if i should get black halo lights or chrome i just got my car and put a bodykit on it.
jdusty914

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:00 am

The halo lights are not illegal, as long as you do not drive and change the color of the lights at the same time...You seriously need to at least put a period between your sentences....You really need to do some reading on the laws of your state...SERIOUSLY...I looked and found moving lights, red lights, blue lights, and everything else you will need...SERIOUSLY im not trying to be mean at all, but Please at least read the stuff before posting on here about this again, please...
FiresAngel

Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:39 pm

There is nothing in the list for Texas that states anything about neon lights, only lights that are required on a moving vehicle. I know that in certain areas of Texas they dont care, but in my particular area it seems they do. The other night I was pulled over for the first time in the two months I have had my lights on my truck and have been using them. I have passed at least 20 to 30 cops since then and only 1 has pulled me over and he didnt seem like he knew what he was talking about and that he was wanting to flirt. Either way I have contacted a friend of mine whos brother is a police officer here in my town. When I find out what he has to say or any information he can give me on where to find more laws, I will post it in a new thread for those who may need it.
lostforawhile

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:37 am

hey it doesn't show anything at all in the georgia manual about illegal modifications,it shows what section to look in the manual but that section has been removed or something.
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:32 pm
Page 1 of 1