Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

False advertising on Oznium?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:32 pm

This looks like false advertising to me, and Aken is backing you up ofcourse so I wanted to open it up to discussion on the forum.

When cheapo online retailers were using the photos off the ICE LED website and using them as their own, there was a **** storm. Now it looks as if you are doing the same thing.

On your Inferno web video shown above, you advertise the great smooth multi color transitions of the Inferno kit by picturing ICE LED products while it is being explained in the background, 1:55 to 1:43 on the video. Then again you use ICE LED to advertise your wireless remote, :40 to :29 on the same video.

19 seconds of the inferno video uses ICE LED products for advertising YOUR kit. When the video is only 2:18 long, thats 14% of the video.
pOrk

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:35 pm

I hate to call you out, but it is false advertising and this video shouldn't be used as a promotional tool for your own products if you don't want others using your photos to promote their own products.

I know all the Oznium Nut Swingers are going to be blinded by the great customer service Phil provides to argue in his favor, but this is false advertising.
Tim

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Way to double post ace
pOrk

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:50 pm

Where is the doubled post? Why do you even bother posting such ridiculous replys?
Tim

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:53 pm

pOrk wrote:
Where is the doubled post? Why do you even bother posting such ridiculous replys?

( I posted this in the other thread but thought I should bring it here since this is the topic discussing it.)

No, I'm sure it was their intention to use another companies products to advertise their own products. That's the difference between Oznium and those other cheap foreign companies.

I do think they should maybe re-shoot the video, or take that part out. I don't think Phil was trying to purposely trick people into buying his product.

The double post? Look two posts above my first one.
pOrk

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:55 pm

You think Phil was unsure of which product he had mounted to the underside of the highlander? He has TWO ICE LED kits mounted to his highlander, not even ONE tube of the inferno kit.

Why was the highlander pictured in this video with the lights on AT ALL if the video was meant to be an advertising tool for the Inferno kit?
Tim

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:59 pm

I think there's a difference in a video showing his product and another manufacturers product and a photo taken of another manufacturers product. If he would of shown a picture of any car with a UFO on it claiming it was an Inferno kit then that would of been unacceptable. I think the majority of the time you see photos claiming to be another product than you do with a movie, especially one that truly does advertise the product like his does, but also shows another kit.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense, I'm tired as hell. Point is, if you read the bold text above I agree with what you're saying pretty much.
pOrk

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Regardless if it is a video or a photo, it is mis-representing the item that is being advertised. That is the point.
Bobby Lee

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:35 pm

If I remember correctly, I actually mentioned something along these lines briefly to Phil shortly after we shot the commercial. Never really gave it any thought after that... icon_confused.gif I do agree with you, pOrk. If it is a commercial/video specifically advertising the Inferno, then it shouldn't directly represent the UFO as the Inferno... or even the appearance that it is.
Knox

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:55 pm

I don't think any regular person is going to notice the difference.
alerored2000

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:01 pm

Knox wrote:
I don't think any regular person is going to notice the difference.

I think what pOrk is saying (correct me if i'm wrong pOrk) is that someone who is shopping for a kit, could possibly see what the glow is like on the Highlander and be like "WOW, I'm getting that kit if it looks like that!," but when they get it and get it all set up, it looks different from the video, they will be disappointed and probabaly a little upset.
Knox

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:54 pm

I'm just saying in my opinion, I can't really see much of a difference in the Inferno vs ICELED in the video.
KaosFaction

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:12 pm

Phil wrote:
Its got 2 Iceled UFO and 1 Inferno, yes still misleading

He already said this...
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:26 pm

I've thought about this before when I first put the video out. It was my fault for not communicating with the video guy better. He didn't know the difference between an Inferno kit & Iceled UFO kit. I had planned on turning off the UFO kit and leaving just the Inferno kit on during the shoot, but it was like a car show up there, we were all showing off the cars and so I turned on the Iceled. My fault for not turning Iceled UFO off. Of course there is also cathodes, whelen strobes, and regular LEDs on the cars in the video. There's even a Blaze kit on the PT Cruiser.

I've added a subtitle to the video when the Iceled UFO kits are first shown. "(this car has 2 Iceled UFO kits & 1 Inferno kit)".

I think this will clear up any confusion or false advertising for customers.

ughhh I hate video editing, it takes too long, been spending hours in final cut express and imovie trying to add the 1 line of text and have the video come out good quality.
sc3106

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:29 pm

well who wouldnt want to turn off such a beauty of a kit
Rags

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:03 am

sc3106 wrote:
well who wouldnt want to turn off such a beauty of a kit

me
Aken

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:40 am

And to clarify, I never said that it wasn't false advertising, I said that I don't think it's a big deal...
pOrk

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:28 am

icon_rolleyes.gif

It's only a big deal when other people do it, I know I know. It still ain't right.
banned from SG

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:45 am

I'm going to have to agree with p0rk

Actually, i just wanted to test my sig
alerored2000

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:56 am

hahahaha awesome sig
banned from SG

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:01 am

It's just like porks!
Losing quickly

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:09 am

I don't see anything in yours banned, says, User posted image
alerored2000

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:03 pm

Losing quickly wrote:
I don't see anything in yours banned, says, User posted image

firefox = right click, view image
Cooper

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:32 pm

I can't believe I'm saying this, but ... pork's right .

... Does this mean the end of the world has come ?
Tim

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:37 pm

Hardly. icon_rolleyes.gif
corvettecrazy

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm on porky's side....that's low. I think all copies of the movie should be removed from the internet and the video should be remade.

in reguards to this oznium FTL.
Losing quickly

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:44 pm

Phil just said that he edited it, so its no longer false advertising...read ^^^^^
corvettecrazy

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:59 pm

Losing quickly wrote:
Phil just said that he edited it, so its no longer false advertising...read ^^^^^

I did read it ass hat. But if you notice the first video pork posted still works, which means the false advertisement is still out there.

And I can still think the fact that it was released like that is low.
Tim

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:00 pm

Give it up.
pOrk

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 pm

^ you first
CoppellStereo

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:34 pm

to me, false advertising has to be an INTENTIONAL misrepresentation.
ImagoX

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:50 am

Jeez guys... You noticed a small inconsistency in a video and the site owner/vendor made an immediate effort to clear it up - what do you want? For him to beat himself with a flail?

A site like Oznium has to re-do their promotional spots from time to time, both to remain "fresh looking" as well as to showcase new products and features. I'm sure that Phil will re-do the video sooner or later, and the next time he'll make sure to educate the video guy. I've done video production and I can tell you that what Phil says is true - even a simple shoot is filled with a thousand small technical details that must be worked out. Some are ALWAYS missed or messed up, just usually they're ones that the audience never notices.

ALso, I'm not letting Phil's customer service track record sway me to acccept something that I otherwise wouldn't - quite the opposit. I'm completely convinced based on my past experiences with Phil that if a customer were anything other than 100% completely satisfied with their purchase (unclear video clip or not) that he would do everything in his power up to and including a full refund to make that customer happy.

p0rk, I've followed your threads for months and I have nothing but respect for your MOD skills and wonderful taste in sport bikes, but sometimes you are just SUCH a freaking gossip and doomsayer, man. This is SO not something that needs "calling out" - if you had an issue with something on the site then you should have just handled it off the forum. Seriously - avoid the internet when you're on the rag, or for God's sake remember to take your Midol, mmmkay? icon_rolleyes.gif
SE1289

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:45 pm

ImagoX wrote:
This is SO not something that needs "calling out" - if you had an issue with something on the site then you should have just handled it off the forum. Seriously - avoid the internet when you're on the rag, or for God's sake remember to take your Midol, mmmkay? icon_rolleyes.gif

**** YEA DUDE.

I was thinking the same thing but i'm scared of pork..big bad biker dude!

Lol

I mean, I see his point and all, but instead of calling phil out he could of handled it appropriatly and then Phil would have admitted his own mistake to the forum and fixed the video. Embarassing him like that isin't the best way to handle things, the one thing i've learned in highschool.

Phil=dumb teacher (no offence)
p0rk=me
Chris

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:38 pm

I dont think Phil is embarassed at all.

He is not a dumb teacher, rather did not tell the video guy anything.

p0rk = you sounds sexual.

I'm still neutral
Losing quickly

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:39 pm

I agree with Imagox here in that this could be handled in a more private way. Maybe use the P.M. feature???? I believe Phil would prob. post that he was accidently falsely advertising the Inferno kit and would have fixed the video. It isnt necessary to be an ******* about everything.
ImagoX

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:00 pm

I just wanted to say "p0rk's on the rag". I'm squirrelly that way. icon_lol.gif
TRogers

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:15 pm

Pork is always on the rag.
pOrk

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:51 am

ImagoX wrote:
Jeez guys... You noticed a small inconsistency in a video and the site owner/vendor made an immediate effort to clear it up - what do you want? For him to beat himself with a flail?

A site like Oznium has to re-do their promotional spots from time to time, both to remain "fresh looking" as well as to showcase new products and features. I'm sure that Phil will re-do the video sooner or later, and the next time he'll make sure to educate the video guy. I've done video production and I can tell you that what Phil says is true - even a simple shoot is filled with a thousand small technical details that must be worked out. Some are ALWAYS missed or messed up, just usually they're ones that the audience never notices.

ALso, I'm not letting Phil's customer service track record sway me to acccept something that I otherwise wouldn't - quite the opposit. I'm completely convinced based on my past experiences with Phil that if a customer were anything other than 100% completely satisfied with their purchase (unclear video clip or not) that he would do everything in his power up to and including a full refund to make that customer happy.

p0rk, I've followed your threads for months and I have nothing but respect for your MOD skills and wonderful taste in sport bikes, but sometimes you are just SUCH a freaking gossip and doomsayer, man. This is SO not something that needs "calling out" - if you had an issue with something on the site then you should have just handled it off the forum. Seriously - avoid the internet when you're on the rag, or for God's sake remember to take your Midol, mmmkay? icon_rolleyes.gif

Gossip? Riiiight.

Just because this is something YOU feel does NOT need calling upon does not make it so. Phil and I have known each other for YEARS, and he knows me a bit better then you obviously.

Phil was angry at the fact that other companies were representing their products with photos of ICE LED, simply wanted to point it out here so it could be changed: which of course it was because Phil gets things handled. Your " On the rag " comment was real mature.

If you feel the need, search for stolen ice led photos or something of the like and you will find all the threads about this issue. You haven't been around long enough to know what I am talking about, so you really don't need to be in this conversation.
Ryan88

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:06 am

porks the man, he's straight up
TRogers

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:33 am

I don't have a problem with Pork. We have got into it a few times, I'm laid back and he is outspoken.

The outspokenness drives me (and obviously others) crazy but I usually stay quiet and let him do his thing. It's usually not my business anyway.

Porkster is one you either love or hate. icon_biggrin.gif
pOrk

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:00 am

I'm a bit blunt, what can I say?

I do come off as a huge *******, I just don't take the time to explain myself like a lot of people do online. Anyone that knows me in person knows I'd give them the shirt off my back if it came down to it.

"2. characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion; "blunt talking and straight shooting""
steven_mckenz

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:23 am

F*CK Oznium.

icon_biggrin.gif
ImagoX

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:59 pm

pOrk wrote:

If you feel the need, search for stolen ice led photos or something of the like and you will find all the threads about this issue. You haven't been around long enough to know what I am talking about, so you really don't need to be in this conversation.

Spare me the elitist "I've been here longer than you so you have nothing to say" ****, p0rk - I can read old threads as well as anyone. Funny thing about old threads - they show REALLY well what a jerk you get when anyone comments on what a tool you sometimes are. And let's face it, the "STFU noob" comment is really only used when the other person has no original or intelligent rebuttal. So sad... so sad...

You may call it being outspoken - I call it being bored and tossing **** around to see what sticks. Too bad you have to do that to get your jollies, but what are you going to do - the web's full of people with way too much free time. I still think that if you had all this respect going back through all these years that Phil knew you that the classy thing to do would have been to point it out off a public forum - length of acquaintence has nothing to do with it.

Of course, that's just MY 'outspoken" opinion... Still love your taste in bikes... well, MOST of the time. icon_wink.gif
pOrk

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Then go back and READ them instead of talking about it, it has nothing to do with me being here longer its conversations that have been had LONG BEFORE you came here.

Keep kicking the dead horse icon_rolleyes.gif We all know I'm an *******, get over it. I am not intelligent, I am not original, blah blah blah. I have seen lamer ways of name calling...
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:14 pm

pOrk suggest I remove the thread, I say I'll lock it for now.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:22 am
Page 1 of 1