Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Inferno Instructions

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:25 pm

Wrote this to help clear up any confusion on how to get what you want out of the Inferno kit. Will add revisions when needed.

Demo Mode
Press and hold the Pause button for a few seconds to enter Demo mode.

Solid Color-
Press the Ground button until the display shows D-
Press the Normal button until the display shows A9
Press the Color button
To change color press the + or - button
Press Color to switch to Million Color Mode

Ground
This sets a base color with a pattern. Press Ground again to change the base color and press + and - to change the color of the chaser.
D- displays no base color with just a chaser. Press the + or - buttons to change the chaser color. Pressing Color until the display shows CA will cycle through all the colors.

Normal
This changes the pattern of the LEDs.
A0 - Chaser from left to right, Two LED chaser
A1 - Chaser from right to left, Two LED chaser
A2 - Chaser from left to right, Four LED chaser
A3 - Chaser from right to left, Four LED chaser
A4 - LEDs move from the center out, pauses at base color
A5 - LEDs move from either ends to the center, pauses at base color
A6 - Same as A4 with no pause
A7 - Same as A5 with no pause
A8 - Similar to A4 except changes color from the base color to whatever is set as the chaser
A9 - Only displays in Multi mode. This creates a static multi-colored pattern. Pressing the Multi button changes the pattern.
If you press the Color button until the display shows CA then it will display the pattern you have selected and cycle through all the colors.

Multi
Multi works the same as Ground does when using Normal, except instead of a solid base color and a 2nd chaser color it displays multiple colors with the same patterns listed above under Normal.
E0 - Displays a solid color. Press Color until it shows C7 then the + and - buttons will change the color. If you don't go back to C7 then the + and - buttons will control how fast or slow the pattern moves.
E1 & E9 - Cycles through various multi-color patterns. Pressing the Normal button at any time will change the patterns listed above under Normal.

Ground displays two colors. The pattern can be changed using the Normal button. Multi displays multiple colors. The Normal button will also change the pattern. Pressing the + and - anytime during Multi mode will

Adding the Music Mode later when I have it hooked up to my car.

Written by: Tim Ginter

(Mods - If you see any other words that should of been in bold you mind throwing tags around them? I think I got them all.)
alerored2000

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:43 am

nice post tim, you beat me to it...
Spawn

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:06 pm

I had that on my old palm pilot and lost it. Nicely done. Hey Phil, what say you to adding this to the manual. I can do it up quick in acrobat as will if you want to save the time.
Tim

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:32 pm

I would probably clean it up a bit more if he would put it in the manual.
mitzkity

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:50 pm

I pasted it into Word and reformatted without all the gobbledygook from the internet formatting and now I have a copy in my car. Thank you SO MUCH!! That was invaluable. I only have a stock stereo, and have to turn it WAY UP to get much response from the Inferno, but it works. Maybe some day... better a/v but I got exhaust systems issues to deal with first.

Thanks again!
stasis-

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:58 pm

yea, the instructions for the inferno remote were pretty vague..i only use solid colors 99% of the time anyways
clutch1

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:10 pm

mitzkity wrote:
I pasted it into Word and reformatted without all the gobbledygook from the internet formatting and now I have a copy in my car. Thank you SO MUCH!! That was invaluable. I only have a stock stereo, and have to turn it WAY UP to get much response from the Inferno, but it works. Maybe some day... better a/v but I got exhaust systems issues to deal with first.

Thanks again!

You can always get a line out convertor if you want the AV cable for the inferno icon_wink.gif
Losing quickly

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:59 pm

need to print this out...thanks man.
Tim

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:20 pm

You're welcome. Shoot me an IM if you need anymore help - paintmesic
Losing quickly

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 pm

how do you get it to go back to demo after it saves what you have in the memory? (can't turn it off and turn it back on by the switch to get the demo to come back)
clutch1

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Hold pause for a few seconds.
Losing quickly

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:46 pm

k, thanks
toddapod

Post Fri May 18, 2007 8:01 am

Hi there,

I have the inferno kit and am very happy with it. I followed the guide above to set up the standard patterns and I must say they are very cool and bright. However, I am having some trouble figuring out how to set up the music mode. The standard music modes work perfectly when using the line in or microphone. How do I customize the music modes? Is there some way to set up the color and patterns to change automatically?

Thanks for any help,
Todd
Tim

Post Fri May 18, 2007 8:14 am

That's one thing I haven't been able to figure out yet, since it's not installed in my car yet.

Press and hold the music button until U displays. You can press it again to go from U0-U9. These are your patterns. If you press the Color button it will switch to million color mode. Press Color again and you should see C7. Then by pressing the + and - buttons you should be able to switch colors from C0 - C6. Now pressing the Ground button will change the base colors, to change the chaser colors at any time press the - and + button.

D0 - Red Base
D1 - Green Base
D2 - Blue
Ect...

You can also press the Multi button anytime to have multiple colors display. This goes from E0 - E9. Use this in combonation with the Music button patters to create 18 different patterns.

If you go and change patterns after this using the Music button you'll need to press the Color button twice, until it displays C7 to be able to use the + and - buttons to change color instead of changing how fast it is.
ancona46

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:49 pm

damnit my printer doesnt work and i suck at trying to use my inferno i usually just leave it on demo mode
Drifting10

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:28 pm

it takes a while but i know my inferno by heart every botton every pattern icon_biggrin.gif
PM me with any spacific patters or colors you would like to get and i can help you out!
Ace 96

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:39 pm

i fooled around with mine yesterday, thanks for the write up Tim, i have a copy printed out

one thing is that i dont like is there is interference when i play my music (cd or radio) and set inferno to million color mode.
its a buzzing sound and it comes through the subwoofer....i dont like that much

i think its cause the ECU is too close to the sub/amp (i drive a regular cab truck so everything is crammed in there)
i dunno, i'll have to see if it does it when i get my new car
ancona46

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:43 am

no mine did the same thing i would get a thud from the sub when i changed colors or something so i dont use the music part
Kevin_S

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:30 pm

i believe it was yellowf150 that said, when switching between colors in the 7 color mode, you can press and hold the minus button to achieve a high speed million color fade
04yellowf150

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:18 pm

that is correct, minus or postitive. here is a video

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v387/04yellow...on=view&current=100_2560.flv
Drifting10

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:08 am

umm ima have to go try that now
04yellowf150

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:44 am

Drifting10 wrote:
umm ima have to go try that now

its cool, wished it was an option on the v1
Kevin_S

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:52 pm

04yellowf150 wrote:

i'm confused -- you said that video was a v1 inferno
04yellowf150

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Kevin_S wrote:
04yellowf150 wrote:

i'm confused -- you said that video was a v1 inferno

that is the v1, the only way to do do the fast color change is hold the button. its not a settling that you can make and walk away and watch, gotta hold the button down
The time now is Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:35 am
Page 1 of 1