Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

This is freaking ridiculous. I'm scared to leave my house!

Author
Message
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:31 pm

A Montgomery man shot in the head Monday night died of his injuries early Tuesday, making him the 12th homicide victim of the year and the third in less than a week.


Thats three murders a mont..but as you see..three murders have already append tis week...so how many more for the month to go?
KaosFaction

Joined: Nov 21 2004
Posts: 866


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:32 pm

Sounds like a good neighborhood...
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:32 pm

*month*
*this*
happend*

I hate my H key
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:36 pm

this is why more people need to carry conceled

i'm getting a CCW permit as soon as I can
10 more months

the more armed citizens the less crime
makes it more of a risk and makes criminals think twice
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:40 pm

yea tat was a totally republican statement right now

The more armed people..the more accidental crime and defensive crime. If someone tries to rob you with out a gun your going to kill them? NICE

Whether or not guns are ALLOWED to be carried or not by people..the people committing these murders are going to commit them anyway..weather or not the other person hasa gun. Most are done while people are walking down the street or unexpectidly in their house.
KaosFaction

Joined: Nov 21 2004
Posts: 866


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:49 pm

*whether
*has a
*unexpectedly

Its almost like a game icon_biggrin.gif
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:01 pm

well i'm not really in the mood to start a political debate but yes I am a republican

accidental crime? no such thing
anyone liscenced to carry a firearm knows the self defense laws and abides them
as far as someone trying to rob my if they pull a weapon on me i'm not going to back down like a democrat and let them stab or shoot me after they take my wallet
i'm going to pull a gun on them and if they make any threatening moves i'll shoot them
would this be a accidental crime? hell no it would be lawful self defense

if someone trys to kill me chances are I'm going to realize it at least a few seconds prior to the action so will a weapon help me? yes it will

I have a loaded shotgun 2 feet away from me right now
if someone tried to break into my house to kill me I'm pretty sure I stand a chance at survival

same if i'm walking down the street carrying a glock concealed
the second I feel my life is in danger I will draw it and eliminate the threat to my life
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:04 pm

and this is why one day you'll accidently get shot when you and your buddies are hunting..just like that ****..damn whats his name

oo yea. .**** cheney..haa

anyway..i would put my comments on this bt like you said..no political debate..we've had one of those on here already..and you dont want ImagoX to bust up in here!
BlazenSentra

Joined: Jun 18 2004
Posts: 1549
Location: Cali


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:05 pm

I agree, more people should carry guns.
and SE... you should really learn, they don't just give away CCW permits.
in Ca. you have to go through many tests, and have a interview with a leading law enforcement official (sheriff). You have to have a fairly clean background (by fairly I mean they aren't going to ***** about a speeding ticket or two)
you have to qualify in shooting once a year at a sanctioned police shooting range with an official present.
so before you go off spouting your mouth about how an armed society is bad, stop and think for a moment...

<3
Johnny
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:08 pm

I pick my hunting partners very carefuly and anyone who I seen handle a firearm in an unsafe manner I would never hunt with

I will say there are unsafe hunters out there but I don't associate with them
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:13 pm

actually you missed my point

My point IS..whether or not more people are armed...that wont make a differnce because the people killing each other are the same people who carry around weapons they dont have a permit for anyway.

If i was robbed right now i would give them my money
If i had a permit i would shoot them
that = more murder
go figure?
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:17 pm

It's okay if bad people die
audio_excessories

Joined: Aug 20 2005
Posts: 1662
Location: Michigan/ Florida


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:18 pm

no that = self defence, not homicide....
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:24 pm

if someone robbed me I would give them the money too but don't bet if I had an opportunity to draw my weapon I wouldn't

it dosen't work like you seem to think it does you don't just pull out a gun and shoot them

if they are unarmed I won't even pull a gun on them i'll mace them

however if they have a weapon I will be willing to defend myself with lethal force

once I draw my firearm they have 3 choices
1) drop their weapon and lay down on the ground as I tell them untill the police arrive
2) drop their weapon and run away
3) raise their weapon in a threatening manner

if they choose or even look like they are going to go the third route I will fire and no this is not murder this is justified self defense

and if they choose either of the other routes they get to live
I don't want to kill anyone but I sure as hell will defend myself or my family with lethal force if I have to
BlazenSentra

Joined: Jun 18 2004
Posts: 1549
Location: Cali


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:30 pm

Netofficer3710 wrote:
if someone robbed me I would give them the money too but don't bet if I had an opportunity to draw my weapon I wouldn't

it dosen't work like you seem to think it does you don't just pull out a gun and shoot them

if they are unarmed I won't even pull a gun on them i'll mace them

however if they have a weapon I will be willing to defend myself with lethal force

once I draw my firearm they have 3 choices
1) drop their weapon and lay down on the ground as I tell them untill the police arrive
2) drop their weapon and run away
3) raise their weapon in a threatening manner

if they choose or even look like they are going to go the third route I will fire and no this is not murder this is justified self defense

and if they choose either of the other routes they get to live
I don't want to kill anyone but I sure as hell will defend myself or my family with lethal force if I have to


*applauds*
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Netofficer3710 wrote:
i'm not going to back down like a democrat and let them stab or shoot me after they take my wallet


I'm a democrat, and i found that hilarious.:dodgy:
FatManDan

Joined: May 30 2004
Posts: 2766
Location: Roseville, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:49 pm

**** just go out aint nothing gonna happen jsut dont **** around and pay attention

i go out all the time and i think detroit has a higher death rate then...were ever u live and im still alive
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:51 pm

I miss detroit icon_sad.gif
I just moved here to iowa from monroe

I loved it there
FatManDan

Joined: May 30 2004
Posts: 2766
Location: Roseville, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:57 pm

im on the eastside

roseville

10 mile area

i love it

always somthing to do....
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:59 pm

Wisconsin has one of the highest crime rates, and it is illegal for any public citizen to carry a concealed weapon unless of course you are police. If they ever legalize it, I will carry.
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:00 pm

i'm big into the outdoors so michigan was great to me while at the same time I love the city and lived about a hour from detroit the greatest city in the US
Ryan88

Joined: Aug 09 2004
Posts: 3516
Location: Pittsburgh, PA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:41 pm

Places where people can't have guns, the only ones that have them are the criminals. The one's who shouldn't have them.

I'm going to get a license to conseal when i'm 21. People are **** up nowadays, you never know when you need it icon_surprised.gif
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:16 am

australia i believe outlawed the owning of guns to civilians. gun victim crime rate continued to grow because know who got the guns? cops and people who wanted them to hurt people. its not wrong to own a gun, but if everyone in a bar had a gun on them it would be just as bad. call it a form of entrophy, dont outlaw guns but dont hand the **** out.
and if you say that if we make the gun laws more harsh and strict, well your just plain silly to think that will help. drugs still travel across the country so will guns. the best way to protect yourself is use common sense, lock your home, dont drive around "bad" neighboorhoods with a system bumping or a nice car, stay with people you trust and carry a cell phone and maybe a tazor or something cause them **** hurt.
02BlueStang

Joined: Dec 13 2004
Posts: 4757


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:27 am

Tim wrote:
It's okay if bad people die


My favorite statement of the post....

I understand why carrying a weapon is going to create more of a deadly force and possible shootings but I am all for carrying a concealed weapon as long as the person doing so is licensed, trained and understands the seriousness of carrying such a weapon..then again, I am going to the police force icon_cool.gif
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:32 am

i dont think i will ever get a permit only because i dont feel im the kind of person who would do anything with the gun and given a situation where i would actually need it, im sure there would probably be another way. i mean seriously, a guy pulls a gun on me with intention of shooting me then sees me reach into a coat or pocket for a concealed holdster isnt going to work. he isnt going to think im pulling out a camera or some candy. plus you get the gun out whats he do? shoots my ass anyways, i would prefer training in disarming and a good negotiation plan.
"stick em up and give me your money"
"got crack man? im fiending hard, i could totally use a freebase"
"**** this niggaz a crackhead, he aint got ****"
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:33 am

actually I believe the australian bans banned all semiauto firearms and all pump action shotguns

to hear it from the point of view of someone who was there please read my blog http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bl...48-666c-4478-a884-62f0ffa05897ML
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:45 am

sounds about right. anyway its cut, people will kill people till the end of existance. whether its a gun, knife, poison, cliff whatever. even if every kind of killing device ever created just disappeared it wont stop it. its unfortunate, but in a sense necissary and what makes the world go round.
still, im not down for having a concealed weapon law where you could go to a registry and sign your name then walk down the stree to walmart and buy a gun. i grew up close to a major city with alot of crime, there have been shootings in public places in my own town even. so the whole "i hunt so i need a gun" **** just doesnt fly with me. you dont need a semi auto 50 caliber gun to kill ducks and deer on weekends.
audio_excessories

Joined: Aug 20 2005
Posts: 1662
Location: Michigan/ Florida


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:53 am

^^^Why Not I Ask?

j/p man...I am myself licensed and do carry about 60% of the time, but I can see where everyone is coming from on the other end too.

Know this though, you try to harm me or those I hold dear...There will be a .357 round (or larger) in your near future, well what's left of it.
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:04 am

the second ammendment has nothing to do with hunting
so it **** me off when I her that same old "why do you need this for hunting" line

"the beauty of the second ammendment is it's not needed till they try to take it away" Benjamin franklin

the purpose of the second ammendment is for the citizens to protect themselves from any threat INCLUDING a tyranical government

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

I consider laws that ban ANY firearms or restrict carry to be Infringing upon my rights to keep and bear arms thus unconstitutional yet these laws keep coming


like I said the second ammendment has NOTHING to do with hunting
and it's certainly not the reason I own firearms
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:39 am

My friend and I are getting our carry licenses together soon. We were supposed to do it last year and never did. I'm not going to die, or give anyone my car, or my money, that **** is MINE. biglaugh.gif

If you are man enough to try to rob me, you better be man enough to handle a glock in your face.

User posted image
Bobby Lee

Joined: Mar 01 2003
Posts: 3881


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:07 am

Where's McCook on this one? I'm sure he'll chime in soon.

Oh, and what's wrong with killing criminals? People die all over the world every second in stupid and pointless ways. Good people that die just simply "because." So what's the big deal if I put a few holes in someone that's trying to take my wallet or my car? It's not like they're gonna live forever anyways...
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:39 am

Netofficer3710 wrote:
the second ammendment has nothing to do with hunting
so it **** me off when I her that same old "why do you need this for hunting" line

"the beauty of the second ammendment is it's not needed till they try to take it away" Benjamin franklin

the purpose of the second ammendment is for the citizens to protect themselves from any threat INCLUDING a tyranical government

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

I consider laws that ban ANY firearms or restrict carry to be Infringing upon my rights to keep and bear arms thus unconstitutional yet these laws keep coming


like I said the second ammendment has NOTHING to do with hunting
and it's certainly not the reason I own firearms


you do know the second ammendment was written when there werent really much for police, there wasnt fully automatic assult rifles, and the population was in the thousands. and the hunting comment was directed towards the fact that people say they purchase guns to hunt. and if you honestly think that your rights are safe by you carrying a gun then i think you should read that whole thing again. 18th was repealed because of vast contraversy and with recent uproar the second could be either repealed or altered. the actual ammendment states:A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
the ammendment says to the security of a free state. no periods seperate the militia or right to bear arms clause. that can be bent or interpreted quite a few ways. the militia in part 1 can also be taken as the same group of "people" in part 3. a regulated militia basically states a police or national guard represented by the people. i dont see how certain "arms" can even be permited. and you cant form your own militia because it becomes a gang status and is unregulated by the populous. if some lawyer felt like interpreting the second ammendment and bringing the interpretation to the supreme court and they bought into it, the "people" in your second could be "people" fighting for your security also mentioned in the second. and a civilian isnt a "regulated militia" also noted in your second, making the civilian ownership of firearms completely up to the government which could say none whatso ever. but like i said before it needs to be a balanced entrophy for the legal system to not overbalence the people but also to keep restraint on them at the same time. thats why the second hasnt been repealed.



if you dont feel like reading any of that my main point is the second ammendment really isnt protecting your right to bear arms, the current legal system is because they interpret it. so waiving ammendments to defend yourself to own 10 pistols an uzi and a ak47 really doesnt say much. the government could take that away if they really wanted to. and honestly i dont see the point of having a home **** and saying its in your rights. i just straight up think its **** psychopathic.
Bobby Lee

Joined: Mar 01 2003
Posts: 3881


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:30 am

I think that one problem with the whole "Anti-Gun" issue is that many people that are inexperienced with firearms, assume that in order for a gun to be effective, it must be loaded and must be fired and will automatically kill. In many cases (alley-way robberies especially) simply presenting a firearm to the attacker is enough to sway the situation in your favor. How does he/she know if its loaded? And if they have any intelligence they'll assume that it is (like you always should). If they aren't very bright, and pull their own gun... well, then you double tap'em. icon_wink.gif icon_cool.gif Also, not every gun shot wound is lethal. You can very easily "disable" someone without killing them. That is why the correct amounts of proper safety handling should be required for all citizens wanting to legally carry firearms.
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:52 am

Bobby Lee wrote:
I think that one problem with the whole "Anti-Gun" issue is that many people that are inexperienced with firearms, assume that in order for a gun to be effective, it must be loaded and must be fired and will automatically kill. In many cases (alley-way robberies especially) simply presenting a firearm to the attacker is enough to sway the situation in your favor. How does he/she know if its loaded? And if they have any intelligence they'll assume that it is (like you always should). If they aren't very bright, and pull their own gun... well, then you double tap'em. icon_wink.gif icon_cool.gif Also, not every gun shot wound is lethal. You can very easily "disable" someone without killing them. That is why the correct amounts of proper safety handling should be required for all citizens wanting to legally carry firearms.



Exactly.
Cyber Knight

Joined: Nov 23 2006
Posts: 523
Location: Calgary, Alberta


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:44 am

I had a bullet go through my house on Valentine's day and I came home to a burglar a week before Christmas. Good times icon_eek.gif
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:21 am

In Canada?? I thought you guys were all nice over there and hardly anybody owned a gun.

That's what I heard on the news anyway. They had a story where they were just walking up to peoples doors and finding like 90% of them unlocked icon_confused.gif
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:28 pm

Rags wrote:
Netofficer3710 wrote:
the second ammendment has nothing to do with hunting
so it **** me off when I her that same old "why do you need this for hunting" line

"the beauty of the second ammendment is it's not needed till they try to take it away" Benjamin franklin

the purpose of the second ammendment is for the citizens to protect themselves from any threat INCLUDING a tyranical government

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

I consider laws that ban ANY firearms or restrict carry to be Infringing upon my rights to keep and bear arms thus unconstitutional yet these laws keep coming


like I said the second ammendment has NOTHING to do with hunting
and it's certainly not the reason I own firearms


you do know the second ammendment was written when there werent really much for police, there wasnt fully automatic assult rifles, and the population was in the thousands. and the hunting comment was directed towards the fact that people say they purchase guns to hunt. and if you honestly think that your rights are safe by you carrying a gun then i think you should read that whole thing again. 18th was repealed because of vast contraversy and with recent uproar the second could be either repealed or altered. the actual ammendment states:A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
the ammendment says to the security of a free state. no periods seperate the militia or right to bear arms clause. that can be bent or interpreted quite a few ways. the militia in part 1 can also be taken as the same group of "people" in part 3. a regulated militia basically states a police or national guard represented by the people. i dont see how certain "arms" can even be permited. and you cant form your own militia because it becomes a gang status and is unregulated by the populous. if some lawyer felt like interpreting the second ammendment and bringing the interpretation to the supreme court and they bought into it, the "people" in your second could be "people" fighting for your security also mentioned in the second. and a civilian isnt a "regulated militia" also noted in your second, making the civilian ownership of firearms completely up to the government which could say none whatso ever. but like i said before it needs to be a balanced entrophy for the legal system to not overbalence the people but also to keep restraint on them at the same time. thats why the second hasnt been repealed.



if you dont feel like reading any of that my main point is the second ammendment really isnt protecting your right to bear arms, the current legal system is because they interpret it. so waiving ammendments to defend yourself to own 10 pistols an uzi and a ak47 really doesnt say much. the government could take that away if they really wanted to. and honestly i dont see the point of having a home **** and saying its in your rights. i just straight up think its **** psychopathic.


"...who are the militia, if they be not the people of this country...? I ask, who are the militia? They consist of now of the whole people, except a few public officers."

- George Mason


"A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves . . . and include all men capable of bearing arms. . . To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms... The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle." --

"... whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."

- Richard H. Lee, Additional Letters from the Federal Farmer 53, 1788


"The stongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson


Last edited by Netofficer3710 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:23 pm

"I can quote old boring stuff too."

- Tim
TheBrick

Joined: Oct 07 2003
Posts: 4140
Location: Niagara Falls, Canada


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:43 pm

Culokin wrote:
In Canada?? I thought you guys were all nice over there and hardly anybody owned a gun.

That's what I heard on the news anyway. They had a story where they were just walking up to peoples doors and finding like 90% of them unlocked icon_confused.gif


Some places are like that yes, But Toronto is just crazy with gun crimes, and its making its way to my city (about 1.5hrs away) There are numerous murders daily in toronto and now we are seeing more in this small city, (I mean like one or two every six months nothing to shake a stick at) but we use to have NO gun crimes here, But alot of people are moving here YAY haha.

Canada has its bad cities just like the US
FatManDan

Joined: May 30 2004
Posts: 2766
Location: Roseville, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:53 pm

Netofficer3710 wrote:
i'm big into the outdoors so michigan was great to me while at the same time I love the city and lived about a hour from detroit the greatest city in the US


ya i was gonna say but didnt wanna seem like a **** but monroe is like almost ohio lol
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:05 pm

FatManDan wrote:
Netofficer3710 wrote:
i'm big into the outdoors so michigan was great to me while at the same time I love the city and lived about a hour from detroit the greatest city in the US


ya i was gonna say but didnt wanna seem like a **** but monroe is like almost ohio lol


halfway between detroit and toledo
what's not to love
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:22 pm

I've been to Toledo. Thank god my doors locked.
Glowin97x

Joined: Mar 13 2004
Posts: 608
Location: Malibu, CA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:42 pm

I would be afraid to leave my house if I lived in Alabama too
banned from SG

Joined: Jul 01 2003
Posts: 5127


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:10 pm

Oh god. I'm staying away from this thread but I read like the first...5 responses. Just because you shoot someone doesn't mean its fatal.
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:51 pm

george mason thomas jefferson and that other dude died 200 years ago. they cant really reflect the 2nd to todays world. an active militia from the people is modern language for a gang.
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 pm

ok I see
if someone who signed the constitution is quoted deccribing the actual meaning of the second ammendment
it must not be true cause he's not alive anymore
that makes a ton of sense

if the second ammendment dosen't apply to todays world because of full auto and semi auto weapons then I geuss that means the first ammendment no longer counts either because of the internet and television


and when the constitution say THE PEOPLE it means just that it dosen't mean the national guard

the national guard was not even around at the time the constitution was written
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:10 pm

I don't like this new guy. icon_neutral.gif
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:23 pm

you don't like me because I don't share your opinion?

that's logical icon_rolleyes.gif

I personaly could care less if someone dosen't share my opinion

one of my best friends is one of those peta types
I sure as hell don't agree with her opinions but that dosen't stop me from being friends with her
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:25 pm

No, I don't like you because you're annoying. A lot of people on here don't share my opinion. biglaugh.gif
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:27 pm

hey i'm just draging this on because rags keeps dragging it on

and I enjoy arguing icon_lol.gif
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:38 pm

rawr
banned from SG

Joined: Jul 01 2003
Posts: 5127


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Tim wrote:
No, I don't like you because you're annoying. A lot of people on here don't share my opinion. biglaugh.gif


No dude, I share that opinion as well.
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:54 pm

sweeeet, pigeons.
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:10 pm

you just agreed with what i had been saying. yes someone who was a part of the writting of ther constitution would obviously be able to interpret the meaning. however like you said there was no national guard. if there were a national defense of any kind for a new country do you think the constitution would limit the right to bear arms? obviously if the point of the second would be to defend the country and there were a national guard, would the government arm every citizen and give them the right to own something as leathal as the weapons that are permitted now? and the first ammendment is exersized well with television and internet. and the reason freedom of speech is contraversial is because i can sit here and say things to offend you. the second is argued because the wrong people have leathal weapons and kill people and gun laws are limited all in the name of the second.
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:14 pm

USC Code

TITLE 10 > Subtitle A > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > 311

311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are--
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

every single male between the ages of 17 and 45 who is a citizen of the US or intends to become a citizen is the Militia as defined by the second amendment.

if the US military and National guard fail in their duty to defend this country it is up to you to do it.

if you refuse its treason, giving comfort or aid to the enemy and you can either be:

A: be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

B: Put to Death.
Cooper

Joined: Mar 19 2006
Posts: 1770


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:41 pm

Netofficer3710 wrote:
if they pull a weapon on me i'm not going to back down like a democrat and let them stab or shoot me after they take my wallet

icon_rolleyes.gif

Netofficer3710 wrote:
I have a loaded shotgun 2 feet away from me right now
if someone tried to break into my house to kill me I'm pretty sure I stand a chance at survival

same if i'm walking down the street carrying a glock concealed
the second I feel my life is in danger I will draw it and eliminate the threat to my life

Putting guns in the hands of people with this attitude and letting them carry on the street is definately not making my world any safer .
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:49 pm

ok so I should just let them kill be that's a much better choice icon_rolleyes.gif
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:53 pm

Two feet away? Yeah, that's **** psycho.
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:04 pm

yes propped up against the wall next to my bed which happens to be right next to my computer

I fail to see how it's psyco to not want to become a statictic

it's for protection of my self and my family

I don't see how it's any different from a liscenced CCW carrying citizen carrying a loaded glock at all times


i'm abiding the law

there are a hell of alot of people who keep a loaded shotgun next to their bed at night then you think

and why loaded you ask? try loading up a firearm with someone beating down your door and your adrenaline pumping so hard you can't stand still
theres no round in the chamber and theres nobody here who dosen't know how to properly handle a firearm

a guy tried to kill me and my friends when I was 17 and I'm not going to forget how it feels to need a firearm and not have it
if it happens again I WILL be armed
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:08 pm

You don't live in Brazil or **** Vietnam. Things tough in Iowa?
banned from SG

Joined: Jul 01 2003
Posts: 5127


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:11 pm

Dude, didn't you hear? Independence Iowa is a city in Uganda. It's totally cool yo.
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:11 pm

I'm actually in the #1 meth county in iowa

even if that weren't the case crime is everywhere not just in cities
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:16 pm

i really hate people like you. sociopathic with a hero complex. and idk where you found that article but it would never hold up because who declares whether the guard is doing their job? you? a vigilanty who disagrees with something? who declares whats right and wrong. sure as **** wont be your definition of a militia, that bends to the definition of a gang. i would like to see you try and get 45 people together with guns and see how much your country is fond of that.
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:21 pm

I see your weak argument has failed so you decide to turn to plan B and try to insult your way out of it

that's the mature thing to do icon_lol.gif
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:25 pm

Go back to Uganda
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:30 pm

I give you the US law explaining the defenition of a militia and you still don't believe it

I can't get any more clear with you

i'm done with this argument icon_rolleyes.gif
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:57 pm

you totally sound like your backing out. seriously do you actually believe what your saying? you are saying to want gang protection. do you know what its like walking into a pool hall where it is patroled by cops because there is gang violence there all the time. where you are limited to what colors you can wear and no hats or bandana's; your hick town militia transfered into a city becomes a gang.
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:06 pm

Sorry for starting this!

I'm nuetral on this subject because I honestly know nothing about it.

My point was 12 people were killed.. icon_smile.gif

But of cource 2 hours away from me is New Orleans and they already have more murders then Montgomery has a year!

I wouldn't get a lisence personally. I think maybe if towns had more police, alot more, crime rates would drop a little. But people who want to own guns are too scared or dont want to take on the responsibility of being a police officer. I WANT to be a cop, and its on my to do list, right after being in the military or maybe simontaniously...being a cop for the military..(I have a big list of things I want to do..PM me if u want it..haha)

I agree with Rags on most everything he sais...but again, I have NEVEr searched this topic..only sat in on debates on my debate team at competitions about it.
Rags

Joined: Apr 21 2005
Posts: 3527
Location: dayton


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:08 pm

SE1289 wrote:

I agree with Rags on most everything he sais.


WHAT NOW EVERYONE?!?! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME AFTER 2 YEARS. BOOyA
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:09 am

I wanted to be a cop back in the day, but now I make more money then a cop and I still want to carry a gun biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif

That's not the reason, but I thought that would be funny.
The time now is Sun May 20, 2018 9:59 pm
Page 1 of 1