Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Mitzkity, the HHR finally gets lit!

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:21 pm

Mitzkity is an '06 Daytona Blue with woody kit and old skool wheels. By day she's a li'l surf wagon --

with visor, eyelids, & a 3rd brake light to show her attitude --

In fact, even her front plate is LAZY! It says License to CHILL.

BUT.... finally the girl got a little excitement in her life with the INFERNO. Unfortunately only 3 out of 4 tubes fit, as her behind is being reserved for hunkier exhaust issues. But enough talk about her butt...

Daylight shot:

What I'm hoping for here are some suggestions on favorite settings to show her off - when I take her to the car club, what would be your favorite showy ones?? I'm new at the remote.

And these are her first little movies -

pOrk

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Creepy write up you have there, cool HHR though. I hate those things
sc3106

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:38 pm

lol i hate those things too
mitzkity

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:44 pm

I KNOW - I've seen the stuff posted here - BUT - HHR people are HHR lovers - otherwise we wouldn't buy'em. Take a look in my gallery at my OTHER car too. Do ya hate it?
sc3106

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:45 pm

that magnum i think it is is alright. just not a fan of those body styles what so ever. i like the ones in my gallery icon_cool.gif especially my dads cars! check those suckers out
Knox

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:00 pm

That's a nice HHR you've got. I think they're pretty cool cars. The wood kit gives it a real nice look. icon_cool.gif
mitzkity

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Hey SC - can't figure out how to access your guestbook. Anyway, I love that black car with the huge nostrils - what is it? Mean looking thing! Oh, used to have an Expedition, very useful car, now we're into our car clubs and mods. I do like those Explorer wheels you have there - but cleaning them is probably like doing my whitewalls - WORK!
mitzkity

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:08 pm

Thanks Knox - wow, those aren't stock grills are they, on your cars? BIG CARS you got there!!! I love people who take care of their autos and don't just dump them for a new model. My 2 cars are here to stay! I'm a fan of the old school look, and many aren't, but I'm here to REPRESENT!!!
alienyoungjr

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:09 pm

That thing has some items that i would not roll with, but it's your car not mine, so good goin.
sc3106

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:14 pm

thats weird that you cant access it icon_confused.gif dont know what to say to that just try and do it again or something and the car with the "nostrils" would be a Trans Am WS6 pretty nice and the explorer is a RIP car and yes they were very hard to get in between the chrome studs near the lip. and just overall every where but they were sure nice when they shined.
Tim

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:53 pm

Kinda reminds me of some old school mafia car. Like you would see with two tommy guns sticking out the windows.
kornholio788

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:57 pm

ehhh. Ill tell you what. You definitaly did some nice work on it and i can tell you worked hard on it and it is nicely done. BUTTTTT i think the car is ugly no matter what you do to it. Sorry but the car it self is ugly not the mods you did to it. But at least it is done the right way and doesnt look like a 3 year old modified it.
Aken

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:02 pm

The woody kit is sweet.
Knox

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:16 pm

mitzkity@pacbell.net wrote:
Thanks Knox - wow, those aren't stock grills are they, on your cars? BIG CARS you got there!!! I love people who take care of their autos and don't just dump them for a new model. My 2 cars are here to stay! I'm a fan of the old school look, and many aren't, but I'm here to REPRESENT!!!

Ya, that grille is definately not stock. And if you're talking about the 3 trucks in my sig, they're all the same car in different colors. I painted it twice biglaugh.gif
alerored2000

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:29 pm

i think this is the first HHR that i actually like....imo they're fugly when stock but the woody kit, and wheels really set it off...
clutch1

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:25 pm

That looks straight up old classic woody wagon! Very nice man, very nice.

hot sure if I like the "lazy" headlight eyelids, I would've went tilted in for more aggression, but to each his own.
justin

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:42 pm

they should void your warranty.

icon_twisted.gif
The_Mastor

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:54 pm

Ha, I can tell you went for an all out "lazy" theme. Headlights with the cover makes the car look like it's about to fall asleep, that gave me a little chuckle icon_razz.gif
mitzkity

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:04 pm

icon_smile.gif Well, an honest opinion is always the best. I have very wide tastes and really don't knock anyone's fav rides. However, when I go to car shows, I always tend toward the restored gassers and old hot rods, and the woodies. Can't afford'em though. The HHR was designed by the same person who designed the PT Cruiser, and is modeled on the 1949 Suburban. The look was meant to bring back memories of that time period, one which is near and dear to my heart - plus it had to be a more comfortable, quiet, sweet machine that didn't guzzle too much fuel or take up 2 parking places. Add affordable, and I was THERE!

Whoever mentioned about tilting the eyelids for a more aggressive stance - VERY good eye you have - that's exactly what the installer told me about them.

Silly Justin: My warranty is intact and my dealership adores the car!

Tim: Many of the HHR owners have gone with a gangster motif on their cars, and if I had got the black one, I would have also. I really think it rocks!!

SC: I figured out the guestbook - thanks.

Kornholio: Thanks - it was a lot of fun to do.

EVERYONE: ROLL WITH WHAT YOU LOVE!!!
pOrk

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:45 pm

It beats the PT cruiser, thats for sure. I like old stuff too :-) I don't have a gallery for my 62 on here though
sc3106

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:28 pm

if you figured out my guestbook leave a comment

EDITED LOL

Last edited by sc3106 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
mitzkity

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:42 pm

biglaugh.gif My name is Cheri icon_rolleyes.gif
sc3106

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:49 pm

lmao ooooo
The_Mastor

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:51 pm

WAY too many people drink WAY too much when on these forums.

biglaugh.gif
sc3106

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:09 am

hey phil...can we get a little thing on here under the mastors name that has a dumb ass remark and have it click everytime he says one...i think thats half of his posts lmao
GoldenRod

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:28 am

pOrk wrote:
It beats the PT cruiser, thats for sure. I like old stuff too :-) I don't have a gallery for my 62 on here though

Them's fightin' words! poke.gif icon_biggrin.gif

I like the HHR. If the PT didn't come out, I would probably get an HHR. Actually, since the PT and HHR are fairly similar, and the PT has been out for about 7 years, you could always check out the PT groups to get ideas (Although you seem to have a lot of good ideas already. I've always liked the woody motif on the PTs, and it looks good on the HHR as well)

How come the "eyelids" don't seem to fit properly? Or is that the intended design? It looks like the section surrounding the indicator light doesn't follow the lens contours.
pOrk

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:07 am

GoldenRod wrote:
pOrk wrote:

Them's fightin' words! poke.gif icon_biggrin.gif

I like the HHR. If the PT didn't come out, I would probably get an HHR. Actually, since the PT and HHR are fairly similar, and the PT has been out for about 7 years, you could always check out the PT groups to get ideas (Although you seem to have a lot of good ideas already. I've always liked the woody motif on the PTs, and it looks good on the HHR as well)

How come the "eyelids" don't seem to fit properly? Or is that the intended design? It looks like the section surrounding the indicator light doesn't follow the lens contours.

Don't worry, the hhr isnt MUCH better then the PT in my book :-P Personal opinion of course.
mitzkity

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:43 pm

GoldenRod - I completely agree with you about the eyelids... guess why?? They are PT CRUISER EYELIDS!!!! They fit it completely correctly. I'm just waiting patiently for the designer to do one for the HHR - in the meantime, they are just on with sillicone. Have you been to the website of PT BOB? He has done a lot of my work and actually my car is on there BUT! it's mostly PT's. He's a master painter and mod guy and has been featured in MANY CRUISER magazines. An aging hippie like me, he's a real kick! You should go take a gander at Californiacruisers.com.

But, no one is helping me out with the inferno - I know all the buttons, but I can't do the math that gives me a MILLION colors and I thought it could do a striping pattern with the light? You guys, you don't just turn on the demo mode and let it go with that do you?? That's lame! Oh maybe you are just modding with LED parts and don't have the underbody kit?
jdusty914

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:06 pm

I like the HHR...What are you going to do about lighting up the backend of it....I do like all the work put in and it looks a lot better than a stock one...I like the old school look of yours...nice work...
Tim

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:56 pm

mitzkity wrote:

But, no one is helping me out with the inferno - I know all the buttons, but I can't do the math that gives me a MILLION colors and I thought it could do a striping pattern with the light? You guys, you don't just turn on the demo mode and let it go with that do you?? That's lame! Oh maybe you are just modding with LED parts and don't have the underbody kit?

Check out my post in the How-To forum. I did a little writeup for the Inferno kit.
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 am
Page 1 of 1