Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Red LED Flexistrips ALL the way around motorcycle exhaust

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:49 am

Greetings!

A couple weeks ago I started a different thread about something I was trying out with red LED flexistrips around the undertail exhaust. At the time, I only did half of the available area since I wasn't sure how the LED strips would handle the heat. As I had hoped, after about 1000 miles of riding, so far there are NO signs of any melting or degradation due to heat. Not too surprised, since the LED strips are not directly on the exhaust, being instead between the black plastic piece just over the heat shield and the shield itself.

So, I decided to go ahead and do it all the way...

With Flash:

Without Flash:

I also remembered this time to take a few pics as I did the install...

All the bolts/screws that must come off:

Without the rear taillight assembly:

The rear taillight assembly with the first half of the strips already installed:

Installing the second half using RTV silicone adhesive (the black clips are to keep it in place until the RTV cures):

I also put some strips under the tank and on the front fairing. Here's a pic of the finished product (the blue lights are from my Iceled lights I already had on the bike, those can do any of over 2 million colors while the flexistrips are one color only):

In addition to style, I am trying to increase how visible I am to other motorists at night. So, yes, you will see the LED strip and not just the glow since they are acting as running lights, not just bling.
kornholio788

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:33 am

that looks pretty bad ass man..i love it nice job
J.Pribb

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:01 pm

Really nice, and even tho its visible, like u said thats what u want, and its clean as hell.

Kudos.
Moss

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:10 am

Do bikes pretty much just pop apart plastic/body parts wise? all the photos I see unassembled seem very basic.
HewhoisCD

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:34 am

Thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

Moss wrote:
Do bikes pretty much just pop apart plastic/body parts wise? all the photos I see unassembled seem very basic.

There are usually lots of screws and bolts to take off first. Some are easier than others.
winger

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:08 am

icon_cool.gif
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:05 pm
Page 1 of 1