Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Interesting encounter

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:03 am

Well tonight I had quite the encounter with a cop that went 100x better than I thought it would as he was following me.

So I'm driving down a rural road that runs semi-parrallel with the interstate between my town Mosinee and the larger town area of Weston/Schofield/Rothschild. It's about 12:30 at night and I'm donig a little under 50 (it's a 45 mph speed limit). There's this little maybe 1/4 mile stretch of construction where they're putting in some middle divider thing.. god know why, it's not that traveled, so they have cones and a little bit of curvy lane and so forth.. and a 35 mph speed limit.

Thing was, I was low on gas and didn't want to slow down to 40, then accel back to 50, plus it was the middle of the night, no one was on the road, and most obviously there wasn't any construction crews working that would be put in danger if I took it a little fast (I went 45 through it, but in the daytime I take it a little below 40).

Ok, so right near the end there's a little used car place off to the right, and I go right on by no problem, I glance in my rearview and see a white car with black wheels... my heart sank as I looked harder and realized it had lettering on the side and was slowly pulling out. I'm just like omfg kill me now. So he gets behind me and is slowly gaining, but not too fast, which made me feel a bit better.

Now we were pulling into the more industrial area coming out of the country, and the stop light is red, which made me kind of happy. As I stop I see him shift lanes, to my right, and for a second I thought he might just drive by.. like a warning type of thing, idk, but then he pulls back in behind me.

So it turns green, we go a couple blocks, then sure enough he pulls me over.

So I'm all nervous and offer him my license n stuff, but first he has me roll down the rear window too. I thought FOR SURE I was getting a ticket for window tint. But no, once it was down he asked how old we were (me n 3 passengers). One was 14 (my friend's neighbor who tagged along), which I guess is breaking curfew, so he told us to get her home, and as long as we did that he wouldn't ticket her.

Well anywho, then he got to the point. He's like.. "the title on this car says it's supposed to be gold."
I explain to him how I painted it back in may and still need to get a title change, I even had the title change paper that needed to be filled out in back, and he's just like "ok, that's fine, I'm just making sure it wasn't stolen or anything."
That made me happy, that they actually check for stuff like that, because if it WAS stolen I sure would like the force helping me find it.
After that he asked for my license, I gave it to him, he looked at it for maybe... 10 seconds, then handed it back. I was amazed, didn't even run it or anything.
Finally when we were done I ask him why he didn't even mention the fact that I was going 45 through the little temporary 35 area.
He simply resonds.. "yeah, that's what made me take notice in the first place."
And that was it. I was shaking like a dang leaf and we drove home.. no more issues!

Now THAT is the type of cop I like to see, he was nice n all that jazz! Went into it thinking I was screwed but lo and behold all I got was extra incentive to get that form filled out.

Oops, that was kind of long. My bad, lol.
Drifting10

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:10 am

curse you for making me read that whole thing lol and yeah every now and then you will get a cool cop like i did last time i has a conflict with the law lol
Aken

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:28 am

Low on gas? Lame excuse. Glad you had a good encounter, but come on....
TheBrick

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:29 am

gotta love the cool cops. The law is a grey area and YES you WERE breaking the law but you werent racing, putting ppls life in danger so the cop let is slide. We all do it, we all speed slightly from time to time and cops understand that. Ive been let go like that as well.

Its nice to see they arent out to be **** ALL the time even tho it is their job to catch ppl doing illegal things.
clutch1

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:52 am

Lame excuse yea, but the little gauge thinger in my car said 38 mpg and I like that, and that 1/8 of a tank wasn't getting any fuller.
main-e-ax

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:00 am

38 mpg?! or 38 til empty?
djtecthreat

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Never mention something he didnt mention first. Don't say "uh officer, wheres my ticket for speeding through that construction site back there, what'd you forget??" That's dumb.
clutch1

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:59 pm

main-e-ax wrote:
38 mpg?! or 38 til empty?

38 mpg. I think the car overestimates the mileage it gets, but I'm happy seeing numbers like that.

That's the kind of crap I do when I get nervous, ok. Dumb yes, but he was about to let me go and I was curious and if he was being a hardass I wouldn't have brought it up, it seemed to me we were on the same page.
Netofficer3710

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:18 pm

"sir do you know why I pulled you over"
"well that depends how long you were following me"

BTW as far as I know a police officer cannot ticket you for something he did not see you do
04yellowf150

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:05 pm

i had a cool cop once.

i was driving thru va which is very strict on anything and everything. i was doing 70 in a 55, my car has no rear view mirror, 2 layers of 15% which 50% is legal, i had a wall of subs behind my head lol. he asked me how fast i was going, i just told him straight out 70, he said that was correct and thanks for being honest, i told him i should have known better since my dad was a retired cop, he took my license and went back to his car, about 20 seconds later he came back and asked if i could prove my dad was a retired police officer, i said yes i haf faternal order of police symbol on my plate, he went back and looked and said that he doesnt give tickets to fellow police officers nore their familys, he said if i wanted to speed go 60(5 over) and said have a nice day

by far the coolest state trooper ever, he told me if he would have gave me a ticket it would have been over $300 lol

he told me thanks for being honest LOL
Ryan88

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:30 pm

She could of got a ticket for being out at 12:30 and 14????
Kevin_S

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:38 pm

yeah...in WV, you have to be home by 11 if you're under 16..i think that's only if you're driving, though. i unno.

in Norfolk, VA where my aunt lives, there's a 10pm curfew for anyone under 18...crime got bad there for a while.
clutch1

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:48 pm

It's 10pm if you're under 16 here, pretty lame. I thought cars were like safe houses for curfew anywho, oh well.
main-e-ax

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:02 am

its midnight here until 18
driving or not
Losing quickly

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:39 am

....curfew=big brother. **** that
TheBrick

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:24 pm

no cerfew here.
djtecthreat

Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:26 am

Driving curfew here, under 18, have to be off the road @ 12. I was always out till 3 in the morning with my girlfriend at the time when i was 16.
FiresAngel

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:26 pm

We have a curfew here in Round Rock of 11pm for anyone under 17. In my home town of Port Arthur, just south of Houston its Midnight, unless you are driving home from work or a school function. I loved it because after I turned 17 a few of the cops in a neighboring city always gave me a hard time(they knew me) about being out after curfew. One night there was a new officer with them at the park(used to be THE hangout at night but more so on the weekends) and when he saw how lax they were being he then told me Ma'am you need to get home or I will have to give you a ticket for being out after curfew. I simply told him I understand your new but I am 17 and these officers know me personally thats why they give me a hard time. He just looked at me like he didnt believe me, finally one of the others stepped up and told him that I was telling the truth and that it was ok. To this day if I go to that park after 11pm I still get harassed about being out after curfew...and Im almost 26.
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:44 am
Page 1 of 1