Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

What do we have here.. Dubs?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:25 pm

What are these??
User posted image

Are they 20" Armano Dunamis?
Wrapped with Kumho rubber?
What might they be for?

User posted image

Seems to me they'd fit ok, right??

User posted image
User posted image

Riiight!
Just got them today. Sold an old snowmobile I had and my AED bumper is in the process of going finally, so I had some cash to spend. Bought from Ebay for $620 plus $195 shipping!
Lets hear what you think.. in my book they make it a whole new car!

By the way, I'll get better pics soon. It looks like it's sitting really high because I had just let it down with the jack so it hadn't squished down all the way for driving it.
Aken

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Looks way better with them. Good pick.
mx107marlin

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:38 pm

depending on how much they "squish down" I'd drop the car a little to make the wheels look better.

They look great on their own though, I say money well spent.

or you could get some
http://www.omegaluxurywheels.com/

Especially if you have a LOT of extra money to spend
Drifting10

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:41 pm

drop it a smidgen and its sex
clutch1

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:44 pm

It squishes down so the wheel gap is like it is in the second picture. The rear wheel gap is rediculous in the mounted pics. They're pretty much the same size (rim + tire) as stock, so the wheel gap isn't as bad as it would be if they were, say, 18's with low-pro tires.

Them Omega wheels are... in a word, umm, gangster, hahaha. Not a fan of those rapper wheels. icon_razz.gif
mx107marlin

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:10 pm

lol....yeah, I was kinda kidding, I just like the fake diamonds set in them....I believe I priced a set of those at 4G's a wheel, without tires. I don't know if that's still accurate, but I think I remember seeing that somewhere on that site.

Not what I would spend my money on..... I'm not really a fan of those wheels either, just throwing that out there.....I think the hypnotic spinners should be banned, think about all those zombie drivers biglaugh.gif
BlackGT

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:15 pm

Damn, when I first saw the pics I thought those were the same wheels I've got on the GA.

Anywayse, they look good, definitely better than stock, nice job, cars coming along nicely
04yellowf150

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:31 pm

nice choice!
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:15 pm

Looks great.
Tim

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:22 pm

You're white, right?
steven_mckenz

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:39 am

Am I seriously the only one who looks at that and goes "Yuck"?
Trans_Am_13

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:40 am

looks way better......nice and shiny icon_eek.gif
Aken

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:41 am

steven_mckenz wrote:

So far out of those of us that have posted, yes. icon_biggrin.gif

While big cars with big wheels is not my style, it definitely adds to his car a LOT. Way better than the stock hubcapped wheels.
steven_mckenz

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:45 am

Aken wrote:
steven_mckenz wrote:

While big cars with big wheels is not my style, it definitely adds to his car a LOT. Way better than the stock hubcapped wheels.

I agree that wheels add more than hubcaps, I don't necessarily believe that $1000 wheels compliment that sort of a vehicle. IMO (which doesn't add up to much), I would have gone with standard, chrome wire-spoke wheels, rather than "gangstah'-style", "bling-blingin'" wheels.

icon_cool.gif
Tim

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:52 am

You and me both Steven.
SickWitIt

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:20 am

I'm McLovin it dude.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:53 am

we had those exact same wheels on my moms old minivan! i liked em though
Losing quickly

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:20 am

steven_mckenz wrote:

no, you aren't. I hate chrome wheels.
justin

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:33 am

congrats - for reaching the echelon of super skinny white gangstarrrrrrr in a big blue blingin gramma car :D

good choice in wheels, as mentioned before they certainly dont take away from the car.
clutch1

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:26 am

Hehe, yea, I'm white.
I went from domestic rice in my old car to wanna-be hoodrat in this, talk about racially confused :P

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Steve, I contemplated wire spoke chrome 20's for a bit once, but decided I would much rather have regular wheels, spoke are a bit too lowrider for me. Just a question in taste though, really!
alerored2000

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:02 am

def. adds to the car. nice choice
Floyd

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:10 am

Ive never liked the "gangster" look on cars. I think cars like that should remain stock and be driven by people 70+

People that put 20 anything on those cars and jack them up (or slam them) is just retarded looking.

And you know how I feel about those stick on port holes... Dont even get my started on those.

And the icing on the top is there is going to be a small skinny young white kid driving it... Wow.
I have to say that if I saw you driving around here with that I would point and laugh
Cyber Knight

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:22 am

Looks a lot better, nice pick.
xracer000

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:42 am

Floyd wrote:
And you know how I feel about those stick on port holes... Dont even get my started on those.

It's a Buick and I think that specific model came from factory with those "port holes". It's a Buick trademark!

I agree the car looks a little "donked" with the wheels and the ride height. And they look like they stick out of the fenders a little too much.
04yellowf150

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:26 am

steven_mckenz wrote:
Aken wrote:
steven_mckenz wrote:

I would have gone with standard, chrome wire-spoke wheels, rather than "gangstah'-style", "bling-blingin'" wheels.

icon_cool.gif

so then he would look like a mexican gangster???

i still say good choice on the chrome and the size. to hell what everyone else thinks

i have 22s, and gasp.... im white... oh noes
Knox

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:27 am

I'm gunna break the negativity and say they really make the car look great icon_cool.gif

That is farrrr from being "donked" silly.gif
clutch1

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:38 am

In my book, to be donked means you having to mess with your suspension to lift and put huge wheels on a car. From what I've heard you can fit 22's even on a Park Ave and still not scrape. Too bad 22's and too big and too expensive for my taste.
Also, thanks Xracer. Various Park Ave models did come with port holes on them that were veeery close to the (GAH!) stick on ones I have on now.
For example..
Now I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather pay $20 for some fake port holes, than like.. $200 per fender for genuine OEM port hole fenders from an ultra model.
Quote:

Also.. yellow..LMAO!
PwrRngr

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:41 am

04yellowf150 wrote:

You have a full sized truck, 22s don't look completely over sized.
I like the wheels and the look but not the size. IMO they look too big for the car. I would have bought something smaller.
Kevin_S

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 am

they match the overall car. i like them.
personally, I wouldn't have put the money into the car -- I would have bought a clunker and played with it.

It doesn't matter who drives the car. How many of you guys listen to rap music? Most of the isn't intended for "scrawny white kids".....
HOWEVER, I still like the car and what he has done to it...I would have done things differently but I"m sure a lot of you wouldn't be driving a yellow cavalier, now would you?

Wheels look good dude....
Floyd

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:39 am

I didnt say they didnt come stock on those cars. Im just saying I really dont care for the stick on ones. Seems people are tossing them on EVERYTHING now. I saw those on 3 different cars driving to work today. Its just another cheap mod phase and people will grow out of it. Just like hood tilt, trunk tilt and all those other free/cheap mods.

Oh and yellow truck man, Those wheels look good on the truck because they are not too big for the truck. Clutchs wheels have huge gaps in them and they are too big for the car.

Oh and as for the rap thing too, it doesnt matter who you are or what you do or what you look like. Im just thinking of tiny little clutch boy here trying to look over the steering wheel bumping to something with those wheels and that car. Im sorry but im just stateing the obvious, I know there are others on here that will back me up on this but oh well.

Sorry for all the ranting on this but I just had to get it all out icon_smile.gif
Most of you know im not all about putting people down but this time I couldnt keep my mouth shut.
Losing quickly

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:43 am

I agree with Floyd 100% here.
Trans_Am_13

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:16 pm

Losing quickly wrote:
steven_mckenz wrote:

no, you aren't. I hate chrome wheels.

How can anyone hate chrome wheels??? icon_eek.gif
clutch1

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:36 pm

Well, I'm glad people think I'm a wigger. icon_lol.gif
I don't see much of a difference between my and YellowF150's wheels, they have alllmost the same pattern, but his spokes are a bit thicker.
And they aren't really too big for the car in my book.. I mean, overall diameter is about 1/2" more than stock.. the ride height didn't change much at all.
I hear what you mean about the stick-on port holes.. kind of. I've seen Crown Vics, and various other rice concotions with them, which is rediculous. But I don't see the hate being directed at putting them on a Buick.. Seems to me that's kind of like giving someone guff for putting a cheap turbo badge on a car that actually IS turboed, or something like that.

Sorry for maybe making waves or whatever, just kind of stating my views on yours or something.
BlackGT

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:53 pm

Clutch

Those wheels are far from "Gangster" looking and are definitely not too big for that car...they're a 5 spoke, clean looking...The only thing that worries me a little is the Backspacing...they look like they stick out of the fender well just a little bit? could just be the angle of the pictures.

Drop it an inch or so and its sweet, looks a hell of alot better than what you had.

To each his own, let the haters hate
Trans_Am_13

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:20 pm

I still don't see how a certain set of wheels can look "Gangster" unless it's like 13" spokes or something...... icon_neutral.gif
04yellowf150

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:28 pm

clutch1 wrote:
I don't see much of a difference between my and YellowF150's wheels, they have alllmost the same pattern, but his spokes are a bit thicker.
And they aren't really too big for the car in my book.. I mean, overall diameter is about 1/2" more than stock.. the ride height didn't change much at all.
I hear what you mean about the stick-on port holes.. kind of. I've seen Crown Vics, and various other rice concotions with them, which is rediculous. But I don't see the hate being directed at putting them on a Buick.. Seems to me that's kind of like giving someone guff for putting a cheap turbo badge on a car that actually IS turboed, or something like that.

Sorry for maybe making waves or whatever, just kind of stating my views on yours or something.

ya our wheels are a lil similar. they are the structure alloy s40s

The_Mastor

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:39 pm

Time to buy chrome cleaner icon_biggrin.gif
PwrRngr

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:49 pm

It doesn't look right to me because the only thing on the car that says "look at me" is the wheels.
justin

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:56 pm

i just noticed something... you didnt put those directional tires on backwards did you? in the 'mock up' shot, that tire needs to go on the drivers side icon_smile.gif
clutch1

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:10 pm

Indeed the mockup is backward. I noticed it and fixed that before they actually got mounted, don't worry.
And yea, in the back on the very back part of the rear fender they stick out a tiny bit. I'm not sure how that's going to work for bagging, or if it'll spray dirt all over, but I guess I'll see.

So what's a good chrome cleaner Mastor? icon_biggrin.gif
The_Mastor

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:25 pm

Meguiar's is grrrrreat stuff
04yellowf150

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:22 pm

get the powerball too that hooks to a drill icon_biggrin.gif
Trans_Am_13

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:28 pm

04yellowf150 wrote:
get the powerball too that hooks to a drill icon_biggrin.gif

agreed........ I love that thing.
AREA 51

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:19 pm

To answer that cleaning question you have to find out what you have for a rim. What I mean is do you have a chrome rim with a clear coat on it which is a painted on protectant? If this is the case which it is with many wheels these days you should use something mild like a spray detailer or a wash off cleaner. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER spray those cleaners on a hot wheel right after driving. They will spot up.

"IF" you have a high end wheel with a true chrome plating you can use a polish from eagle one, meguiars, zaino, or somethign to protect the wheel but a simple spray detailer will work wonders.

Plus if you find out you do have a clear coat on there they will gleam if you wax them every few months with a light coat of your favorite product.

powerball can be a great thing but you have to be careful. That tool is truly meant for polished wheels or alloys. If you use it on a plated wheel and get dirt and grime caught in it you will scratch the **** out of your wheels. Think of it this way......Would you use the powerball on your paint on your car? NOPE, so be careful on your wheels. I know the lablel says one thing but be careful, I have been doing this a very long time.

My group of friends have been showing car for 4 years now. We have all learned some tricks along the way and definately some "DONT DO'S"

Its kinda like a chami.....some people love them cause they use them right and some people hate them. Its all in knowing the product you are using and practicing with it to get the best out of it
clutch1

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:40 pm

A brand new set of four costs around $1800 without rubber, so might that qualify as in the high quality range?
All the websites I see them on say "finish: chrome", does that pretty much classify it as chrome plating or might it still be what you mentioned first off, withthe clearcoat?
If it helps any the rear of the wheels is a dull silver.. like this:

Is that of any help or is it going to be kind of a crapshoot with a couple products until I find which works best?
Thanks for all the tips guys! icon_biggrin.gif The last thing I want is to screw up the finish on these things! I guarantee they will see absolutely no salt this winter.
Also, I think I'll stay away from the powerball for now... spinning things and I don't get along, which shows in a couple spots on the car where the buffer caught a lip and dug in a nice gash, bleck! icon_confused.gif
AREA 51

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:46 pm

Possibly contact the manufacturer and they will advise what the finish it. Those wheels are pricey but truly what I meant are those that are really around $2K for each rim. Forged multi piece wheels and such. With that finish on the back side they are like what I have on my car and mine are clear coated nickel plated chrome so a detailer will work fine imo.

Again practice with products but always read instructions on them first!!
Floyd

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:26 am

clutch1 wrote:

Never once said anything about "Rice" or "wigger" these are your own words. Im just stating its not for me. Take it as you will...
clutch1

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:59 am

Heh, no big deal Floyd.
Where'd I say Rice in that post anyway? I must be blind! icon_lol.gif
04yellowf150

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:06 am

i rather have bling then a slow car with a big wing icon_razz.gif
BlackGT

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:24 am

Any Kind of Spray on Wheel Cleaner is a good investment.

And I usually just use any kind of Quick Detailer to clean mine up...but if you want to get some serious shine, then i use Mothers Chrome Polish..works great.

p.s... I noticed you have a frew rivots, watch out for polish that will drip out of those after you've spent an hour cleaning them...nothing **** me off more then getting the car all cleaned up, driving somewhere, hoping out and seeing hardened polish that has leaked from the rivots puppy_dog_eyes.gif
TRogers

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:42 am

clutch1 wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather pay $20 for some fake port holes, than like.. $200 per fender for genuine OEM port hole fenders from an ultra model.

I bought the real deal once, IIRC it was $175 per set of three from the dealer. This was about 5 years ago before they were popular on customs. Then I sold the whole project car for 200 bucks with everything icon_lol.gif

clutch1

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:23 pm

Hehe, I still don't feel like repainting the fender after swapping or welding the part in. biglaugh.gif
AREA 51

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:15 pm

I hate those damn port holes. Just yesterday I saw them on a navigator and then at work a dodge charger pulled up completely stock except for those port holes stuck on the fender
TRogers

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:30 pm

Yeah, pretty played out now. It was an original idea back when I started to do it. biglaugh.gif
clutch1

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:48 pm

You were rockin that look back in the 50's?? Very nice very nice. Just kiddin, I know what ya mean.

Do you guys know how those came about? It's kind of interesting I think. Check this out if you got a few minutes??
Quote:
A traditional Buick styling cue dating to 1949 is a series of three or four portholes or vents on the front fender behind the front wheels. The source of this design feature was a custom car (one not made by Buick, but personal car of stylist Ned Nickles), which in addition had a flashing light within each hole, each synchronized with a specific spark plug simulating the flames from the exhaust stack of a fighter airplane. Combined with the bombsight mascot (introduced in the 1940s), the ventiports put the driver at the controls of an imaginary fighter airplane. The flashing light feature was not used by Buick in production, but the portholes remained as nonfunctional ornamentation.

These were originally called "Ventiports" as they did allow air flow into the engine bay (later just "portholes"). Ventiports have appeared sporadically on several models since.

Lower cost models were equipped with three portholes, while higher cost models came with four. Often, people would denote their cars as "Four-Holers" or "Three-Holers" to assert the car's class. When the number of portholes was standardized across the entire model line, buyers of the higher cost models complained bitterly that they felt shortchanged. In 2003 they were re-introduced on the Buick Park Avenue. After the Park Avenue was discontinued, Buick salvaged the portholes to appear on the new Lucerne. In a break with tradition, the Lucerne's portholes refer directly to engine configuration: V6 models have three on each side, while V8s have four on each side.

Always seemed like a good idea to me to fix up a little LED in each port or something like in the article, but I suppose cops would just be prime to pick on a guy for having something like that.[/quote]
TRogers

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:08 am

I say do it. icon_razz.gif
AREA 51

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:07 am

If you had a flat black paint scheme or something that resembled a plane then go for it but just to add lights there could be seen as ricey as most who see them wont realize what they are for ya know?
Floyd

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:58 am

clutch1 wrote:
Heh, no big deal Floyd.
Where'd I say Rice in that post anyway? I must be blind! icon_lol.gif

You must be blind because I quoted you and its clearly in there... Oh well
Floyd

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:59 am

04yellowf150 wrote:
i rather have bling then a slow car with a big wing icon_razz.gif

Not talking to me I hope...
clutch1

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:01 pm

Oh yea, I see it now, "rice concoctions", duuuh. My bad, lol.
The time now is Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:41 pm
Page 1 of 1