Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

My Tweed Interior

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:59 pm

So i finally got my interior done. I covered my interior with tweed, the door panels i fiberglassed the bottom so it is even and then i molded my speakers into the door panel. i covered my dash, headliner, visor, and center console that i made myself. plz leave comments on it or any suggestions.
User posted image
so this is what the door panel is like factory
User posted image
Now is the way that it looks
User posted image
the otherside
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
this is the headliner with some flame outlines, it is hard to get a good pic of it
User posted image
User posted image
this is how my visors look, the grey sets of the black i think
User posted image
this is how the dash and panels look

i need to get some different window cranks... im thinkin some chrome ones but anyway there it is
cardude007617

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:11 pm

interesting and different. i think i like it too
SickWitIt

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:15 pm

Yeah, I like tweed interiors. Flame design is nice as well. Idk about the fiberglassing the doors however, they just look too un-ordinary. However, thats not a bad thing - but it just looks different because I haven't seen it hardly at all.

Nice job though.
PwrRngr

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:57 pm

Are your seats tweed? If so, it's a bad choice....and I speak from experience. icon_sad.gif
dodgeramdude

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:58 pm

y do u say that? i was thinkin about making some tweed seat covers this summer
mx107marlin

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:14 pm

Looks damn good, My only complaint is that I can see that line around the speaker, where it fits to the door. Everything else is so smooth that looks like it was just slapped on. I dunno, looks good though. Nice job on the flames.
dodgeramdude

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:26 pm

yeah i know... im trying to figure out how to fix that.. but im at college right now so i cant really work on it but im thinkin... but thanks for the input
Knox

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:30 pm

I've got an all tweed interior including tweed seats. I haven't had any complaints about having tweed seats.

Your interior looks really good. I like the black and grey combo. icon_cool.gif
kornholio788

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:34 pm

looks nice..and ya i would have just molded in the speaker pods while i was at it..but it looks really nice none the less and the flames are a nice addition
PwrRngr

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:15 pm

I've had my tweed seats for two years and the tweed is just coming apart. It's starting to develop rips and I've taken great care of it.
dodgeramdude

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:02 pm

well i did have them molded but there was no physical way for the tweed to wrap around it in one piece. so this is kinda a temporary fix while i try and think of something that i can do there. but like i said its kinda hard to work on my truck at college in the middle of a cramped parking lot lol
Moss

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:19 pm

I always wanted to make fiberglass pods for speakers on my doors. Paint them a bright accent color. You could always do that, I would have added flames to the door panels as well. The roof looks killer.
Knox

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:26 pm

Moss wrote:
I always wanted to make fiberglass pods for speakers on my doors. Paint them a bright accent color. You could always do that, I would have added flames to the door panels as well. The roof looks killer.

Just like mine icon_biggrin.gif

User posted image
The_Mastor

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:39 pm

I'm gonna have to bust some balls here. That looks horrid IMO. Especially the door panel where EVERYTHING is tweed pretty much. Looks like ol granny knitted you everything and you slipped it on, especially the visors.

I would have rather painted it to accent the truck then maybe swap the stock cloth for tweed if you really like it. I think tweed is just crap. Painted, glassed, etc doors/consoles just flow and look soooo much better.

The roof is kinda cool, that would be the only thing I would keep.
Kevin_S

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:20 pm

i like it --- it could've been done better, though. you paid no attention to the patter of the tweed and, in some places, it looks very loose.
CrashKing

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:04 pm

used to like tweed.... but a friend of mine while i was in uti used suede inside of his lightning... door panels... speakers... roof..... now that was hot
SickWitIt

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:08 pm

Suede - for child pedos.
ancona46

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:42 am

The_Mastor wrote:
I'm gonna have to bust some balls here. That looks horrid IMO. Especially the door panel where EVERYTHING is tweed pretty much. Looks like ol granny knitted you everything and you slipped it on, especially the visors.

I would have rather painted it to accent the truck then maybe swap the stock cloth for tweed if you really like it. I think tweed is just crap. Painted, glassed, etc doors/consoles just flow and look soooo much better.

The roof is kinda cool, that would be the only thing I would keep.

x2 tweed is cheap looking... i dont know why all the mini truckers love it
The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:54 pm
Page 1 of 1