Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Massachusetts Lighting Laws??

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:30 am

Talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack! I even asked some state troopers and got the good ol' no red no blue speech with a side of just don't do it, it's not worth it! But no cold hard facts!

Anyone have any specifics on rules in America's Great Bastion of Liberalism? (I'm ready to move down South).

I want to put blues in my grill, will I get a ticket if I'm just parked and sitting there? Will it even pass MA state inspection? I heard no.

I've got blue footwells and want to extend to do some cathodes in the back or up a little higher? Will I get nailed for that?

Finally- want to replace my domes and map with blue LEDs- any advice??

As a friend once told me, "If it's going to be illegal anywhere, it will be illegal in Mass. They have a piece of legislation for wiping your ***."

Thoughts dear friends??
kornholio788

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:39 am

no sense in riskin it....just dont drive with them off...even if it offcially isnt illegal they will still probably pull u over and find a reason to ticket u...but if u do decide to drive with them on and u do get a ticket dont come ***** to us when u do icon_cool.gif
SickWitIt

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:46 am

Yeah, I think we've all noticed that there is no "set" part of glow laws. Best info we can give ya is dont drive with them on, and if ya do....its on you. icon_lol.gif

Welcome to Oznium by the way.
Ace 96

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:39 pm

im from mass bro, and i can tell you that when i asked a state trooper, he said "you're fine with any color in a parking lot, or in your driveway, or at a show, just turn them off when you are driving, but be reasonable, dont go into the dunkin donuts parking lot and put on a show."

ive had glow for a while now and only in fitchburg will the cops be an ass to you about it. i was told to remove my neons that were on my dash (no fine given). he ticketed me for my tint and head/tail covers. of course he didnt care about the crack that spanned the length of the windshield.

i leave mine for the parking lots and driveway use, besides, no one can give you a compliment directly to you when you are driving anyways except for the people in your car.

what part of mass are you from?
xracer000

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:53 pm

[quote=i leave mine for the parking lots and driveway use, besides, no one can give you a compliment directly to you when you are driving anyways except for the people in your car.[/quote]

Our city police in Ontario (Canada) are a lot less strict. I drive around with mine in multicolor all the time, with no hassels. Don't get me wrong, our provincial police are stricter and a lot will pull you over for having them on though - I haven't been yet.
And, now that I have my undercars back on the truck, I have had more heads turning, fingers pointing, and even a group of people in a car cheering the lights. And, in my opinion, the people in my truck can't see the ligths under it, so how can they compliment you on them?!?!?!?!?!
And if you have any lights on your dash, mirror, or rear deck, chances are you will get pulled over just for having visible lights. I have heard of police pulling people over for the windshield washer lights (I don't like those anyway!).
Ace 96

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:15 pm

windshield washer lights are rice IMO
Nate

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:48 pm

I live in Boston, but I work up on the North Shore and my fiancee's family is down on the South Shore and in RI- so I'm everywhere and on the road a lot- hence why I was worried.

Thanks for the advice, I can't tell you how much of a pain it's been trying to get this figured out.

BTW- my idea sounds decent, yes? Not too ricey? I'm trying to be as classy as possible.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:00 pm

blue lights in grill (while driving) BIG BIG BIG NO NO also = BIG BIG BIG ticket. *impersinating a police vehicle* (spelled impersinating wrong) and you can have them on (to my understanding) inside the car as long as the BULBS ARE NOT VISABLE TO OTHERS! also a big no no.
Ace 96

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:14 pm

Nate wrote:

BTW- my idea sounds decent, yes? Not too ricey? I'm trying to be as classy as possible.

sounds great to me, get some pics up when its done

im in Gardner btw, so theres a little travel time between us apparently
djtecthreat

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 pm

Massachusetts law is: You can't have any modified lighting on your vehicle of any kind. This- however is not enforced unless you're really going out of your way to get busted.

I spoke to a couple cop friends about this and they say they wont bother you if you're on private property or well off the road and there isn't anything obviously illegal on your vehicle (flashing blue/red, etc... etc...)

I drive around with my green's on all the time with my headlights on, so all you see is the green in the grill, many cops have seen me, I've received looks, but no pull over, no ticket. I imagine if i got pulled over for something else, they would find fault with the after market lighting.

Low key is key.
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 8:38 am
Page 1 of 1