Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Scion TC side mirror LED swap

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:18 am

Ok so I'm pretty sure the mirror turn signals aren't required by law to yellow or even exist at all, but I was wondering has anyone changed them? Like is it one piece or are they just wired in LEDs, also how hard is it to get the cover off cause i can't figure it out
Thanks,
Aken

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:54 am

Oznium is developing a plug and play tC LED side mirror w/ built in glow accents if you care to know. It'll still be a few months at least before it pops out, though.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:33 pm

You'll just have to pull on the mirror cover. Then you'll have to dremel the turn signal open because it is ultrasonically joined together. Inside, you'll find 2 superflux LEDs. Replace them. Then glue it back together.
Blue_TC_Man

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:13 pm

yeah I was scared I would be cutting and gluing, how exactly do I go about getting the cover or the whole mirror off for that fact, and would you reccomend the prewired LEDs?
Also the mirrors you guys are developing will just be OEM mirrors you changed the LEDs in I'm assuming so there going to be around a hundred a piece I can assume?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm

You have to pull on the front painted plastic cover on the mirror.

We are not developing the mirrors. We are developing the plastic turn signal housing. You will keep your stock mirror in place. You will just add the replacement turn signal lense.

It will be able to produce any color (great if you decide you want blue one week, and red the next). The set will sell for $100 to $200.

Expect it sometime in 2008
Blue_TC_Man

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:28 pm

oh ok so it will still use amber signals but you will be able to light the cover differently? Thats pretty kool. Hopefully college wont eat all my money by the time they come out. Thanks for the advice time to go take apart my mirror
powerofSHN

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:17 am

Not to take business away from Oznium, but a couple people have made a DIY about doing this:

You can buy 4 superflux LEDs from Oznium (https://www.oznium.com/loose-component-leds/four-chip-led) and by following the above DIY you could do it no problem. I've done this before and if you follow the steps carefully it's not hard at all.
Blue_TC_Man

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:36 am

powerofSHN wrote:
Not to take business away from Oznium, but a couple people have made a DIY about doing this:

You can buy 4 superflux LEDs from Oznium (https://www.oznium.com/loose-component-leds/four-chip-led) and by following the above DIY you could do it no problem. I've done this before and if you follow the steps carefully it's not hard at all.

awesome thanks for the post man, ive looked everywhere for a good write up.
powerofSHN

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:07 am

Sure thing. Glad I could help.
The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:10 pm
Page 1 of 1