Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Pilot 4 channel wireless problem

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:20 pm

I am attempting to wire some neons in my bedroom to my Pilot 4 channel wireless remote. I bought an Oznium adapter to hook my Pilot remote to. The only problem is the neon is not turning on that I am hooking up to test the Pilot remote. I hooked the neon up to channel 1 on the Pilot control unit and the control unit up to the adapter and when I click channel 1 on the remote, it doesn't turn on. I know the control unit is hooked up properly because I hear it click when I press any of the channels to turn them on and off. I also know the neon works because I hooked that up to the adapter and it works. However, when I hook the neon up to control unit and turn channel 1 on, the light does not turn on. It says there are no polarities on the wires on the control unit, and I have tried hooking the 2 neon wires up both ways to the 2 channel one wires, and it does not turn on. I hope this makes sense to you all! Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Brad
alienyoungjr

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:37 pm

alright, the controller has a weird wiring set-up. Yes it has power and ground, but the power does not feed to the channels themselves. You need to plug one of the wires from each channel (it does not matter which wire) to the power source, and the other goes to the power of whatever is being powered. The ground from that will go to the ground of the power supply. I used to have one of those before i made an upgrade.
mx107marlin

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:41 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
alright, the controller has a weird wiring set-up. Yes it has power and ground, but the power does not feed to the channels themselves. You need to plug one of the wires from each channel (it does not matter which wire) to the power source, and the other goes to the power of whatever is being powered. The ground from that will go to the ground of the power supply. I used to have one of those before i made an upgrade.

Exactly, what he's saying is that the unit will need to be connected to power and ground to operate the Relays. Channel 1 is the Grey wires on that unit. One Grey wire should be hooked up to a fused 12V source, the other Grey wire to your positive connection of your neons. Then of course your neon's ground/negative to the 12 negative on your power supply.... Make sure that the switch is set up to be toggled too....not just on momentary
buckshot333

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:48 am

Thanks so much guys!!! I had a little bit of time to try out your advice just now and it totally works!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I guess I'll have to post some pics for you guys once I'm all done huh?
mx107marlin

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:08 am

Kinda hard to post pics of a wireless controller working correctly biglaugh.gif

But yeah, pics of your setup would be cool.... I'm looking at getting another one of those to do some lighting in my room, all controlled sans wires. Any ideas if those controllers have multiple frequencies. Just making sure that when I go to turn on the lights in my room, I won't accidentally turn on the lights in my car and wake up the next morning with a dead battery.
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:25 pm

I know from experience that nothing turned the unit on. Not even a key fob from another car. I never got any interference that caused it to turn on. However, I never had two units near by to see if they interfered with each other.
buckshot333

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:57 pm

My project is coming along well. Ever since I figured out how to properly wire the wireless control unit with neons, I have been securing my neons around my "office" area.

I have another question about my setup though. Today I bought 2 mini projector lights to replace my boring desk lamp. I am going to place these on the posts that hold up my bed (my office is under my lofted bed). I was wondering if I could turn these 2 lights on and off with the wireless controller too. The reason I am asking is because the lights are 12V AC, not DC. Would it still work to hook these up to my wireless control unit? So I would cut the positive wire going to the projector light and hook the 2 wires from the control unit for channel 3 up to each of the exposed positive wires from the light??? I wasn't sure if it would be possible though seeing as the projector lights are AC, and the wireless controller was meant for DC.

Thanks for your help.
mx107marlin

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:02 pm

What makes you think they are 12VAC?

Regardless I would think that that should work.... I haven't personally done it, but it shouldn't make a difference.
buckshot333

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:00 pm

I know they are 12V AC because that's what it says on the adaptor that plugs into the wall. I suppose I'll give it a whirl tomorrow!!!
mx107marlin

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:23 pm

lol...alright, I was just checking because that's really uncommon.

Oh well...give it a shot...shouldn't hurt anything as long as you stay under 15Amp going through that particular relay.
alienyoungjr

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:39 pm

You can use AC through that relay.
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:09 pm
Page 1 of 1