Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Legalization of glow in Texas

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:57 am

Underglow and neon lights on moving vechicles may possibly be legalized within the next 2 months. Me and the Youth Development have passed a bill that will allow underglow and neon lights regardless of color on moving vechiles within the state of texas. The bulb or the tubes cannot be shown nor can the light flash or blink. It is a start so yeh. If it passed it will be noted and declared legal in the next 2 months.
mx107marlin

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:11 am

Well it's a step forward...... Probably should be posted in the Legal section though.

Will the lights be allowed to change color, or run different colors around the car. (Such as in the Inferno V2 and/or UFO kit)
kornholio788

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:15 am

As it may be legal. Some cops may not like the law. And pull you over and find something to ticket you for. That is the reason why i dont drive with lights on(except for interior). I drive around with "street legal" mode on but it still gives them a reason to pull me over and find something to ticket me for because I drive a modified car. But it is indeed a step forward. Good luck with it.
Radioflyer

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:16 pm

it's already legal:

(quote "gentlyharsh" wed sept 5 07) rom here: https://www.oznium.com/blog/is-underglow-in-texas-illegal/

According to the texas Transportation Code Chapter 547 Subchapter D section 305... underglow is only illegal if it flashes or does patterns like most LED underglow systems do. on top of that, its only illegal to flash if its blue, red, or white. so in theory, you can have flashing underglow lights as long as they arent those colors. but if you wanna play it safe, just get solid tubes that arent blue, red or white. I have blue tubes and i've had them for 2 years and in the past 2 weeks i've gotten 2 tickets for them. and not as something to tack on, they pulled me over exclusively for my lights.
long story short, if you want underglow, get a color that isnt one of the 3 on emergency vehicles, but if you really want one of those, jsut make sure htey dont flash.

ps - your probably wondering why if i know this i still got tickets, i told the cops this and they didnt seem to care so that sucks. they claim they know exactly what the law says. eventhough i said i looked it up and that mine done flash. still got the tickets. so i just paid them off and went on with life. but now i carry a print out of 547.305 in my car and next time i get pulled over i'll have something solid to show him and if i STILL get the ticket ill take it to court. hope i helped guys.
clutch1

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:02 pm

kornholio788 wrote:
As it may be legal. Some cops may not like the law. And pull you over and find something to ticket you for. That is the reason why i dont drive with lights on(except for interior). I drive around with "street legal" mode on but it still gives them a reason to pull me over and find something to ticket me for because I drive a modified car. But it is indeed a step forward. Good luck with it.

Isn't it illegal in WI even on street legal mode?
Radioflyer

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:04 pm

If there's any doubt for my area (Spring, Texas) I ran with my glow on tonight and passed 12 LEOs. 3 constables, 8 sherrifs and a random Trooper. They didn't seem to care at all.

...of course all this activity makes me wonder if something's going on.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:24 pm

Radioflyer wrote:
If there's any doubt for my area (Spring, Texas) I ran with my glow on tonight and passed 12 LEOs. 3 constables, 8 sherrifs and a random Trooper. They didn't seem to care at all.

...of course all this activity makes me wonder if something's going on.

Yeah id be wondering that too....you saw all those po-pos and....in ONE night?
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:22 pm
Page 1 of 1