Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Couple simple air ride questions

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Well I'm getting ready to very soon gear up to get the air ride components for my car. Originally I was planning on getting all my stuff from FMKustoms, but I found a guy that's selling a couple components slightly cheaper than FMK is, and I'm debating whether I want to pick them up or just go for brand new stuff that I know will work.

Here's what's currently being debated:

SMC 4 1/2" and 4 3/8" valve package : $285 brand new
http://www.fmkustoms.com/product_inf...ab45e70b1a10d6

VS.

8 1/2" "Danz Enterprises" valves with a few various fittings: $200 used
User posted image

I was liking the idea of 1/2" for fill and 3/8" for controllable dump, because I've heard mention that 1/2" dump is somewhat difficult to control. But I'ven ever hit switches so I wouldn't know. $85 is a decent bit of cash to save on valves, but are those crappy? I really don't know quality vs. crap in the air ride world yet.

And also

These 3 gauges, 2 dual needle and 1 single: $50 used for all 3
User posted image

VS.

Brand new 2 Dual needle gauges and 1 single from from FMK: $33, $33, $18

Would I be better off getting brand new here, or would I be able to trust used gauges just as easily?

Thanks
DJTricky

Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:06 pm

i would go new on all fronts
pOrk

Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:19 pm

Those gauges are junk, and the valves aren't much better. SMC is a FAR superior valve.

And www.suicidedoors.com is cheaper
kornholio788

Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:31 pm

Yup SMC is Waaaayyy better and i have never even heard of those gauges before. When it comes to air ride. I learned my lesson. Don't buy use. YOu have no idea what kind of condition anything is in. Ya it may look ok on the outside. Those valves my stick, have junk in them, not work. Save yourself the money(youll end up buying new in the end), time, and frustration and just buy new quality equipment. I could have saved myself alot if i would have just done that.
clutch1

Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:22 pm

Will do guys, thanks for the help.

P0rky, thanks for the tips. Those gauges on SD will save me a couple bucks, very nice!
DJTricky

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:27 am

pOrk

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:39 pm

airbag it is JUNK

clutch1, suicide will beat any of the prices you listed. And those fittings that come in the used bundle are for dishwashers fyi
clutch1

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:09 pm

Eck, dishwasher fittings are definetally NOT what I want holding my car up.

Lots of stuff on SuicideDoors and Forbidden Kustoms is like the same price... does that mean Forbidden will drop prices for me ifI buy there instead of Forbidden or something? lol icon_lol.gif
kornholio788

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:45 am

I personally shop from here. http://store.gaugemagazine.com/ Customer service is toch nop. I used to order from suicide but i stopped as i wouldnt get my items for like 1.5-2 weeks. Gauge I get it in like 2-3 days. Customer service is amazing. Great people to shop with. PRetty good prices too. Some stuff is cheaper via suicide but their shipping times sucks balls and it is worth the extra buck to get it fast as hell.
pOrk

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:56 pm

kornholio788 wrote:
I personally shop from here. http://store.gaugemagazine.com/ Customer service is toch nop. I used to order from suicide but i stopped as i wouldnt get my items for like 1.5-2 weeks. Gauge I get it in like 2-3 days. Customer service is amazing. Great people to shop with. PRetty good prices too. Some stuff is cheaper via suicide but their shipping times sucks balls and it is worth the extra buck to get it fast as hell.

You were ordering during the busiest time of the year, what do you expect?

Suicide shipping is 2-3 days this time of year.
kornholio788

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:03 pm

gauge got it to me 2-3 days ALL time of the year. Sucide should then hire some seasonal help. Lost a customer because of it. I will order from gauge first. If not then avs and last resort of suicide. And they didnt just loose me as a custmer(you are probaby thinking so what he dont buy much.)...well i let EVERYONE one i know to order from guage. And i have made a couple people make the switch also. Not very good idea concidering all they had to do was hire some part timers. Stupid reason to loose buisness if you ask me.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:35 pm

pOrk wrote:

I expect in-stock orders to be shipped the same or next business day.
kornholio788

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:48 pm

^^^exactly. Like i said. Gauge would BE AT MY HOUSE in 2-3 days. Depending on what time of the day i ordered. All through the summer. ANd suicide seems to be always out of stuff. Buy from guage. And if you are a member of s10forum.com you get a small discount. Suicidedoors.com slacks in service.
pOrk

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:37 pm

Niether Gauge nor Oznium offer the customer service Suicide does.

Its easy for someone to say they should hire part timers, they should do this, they should do that. When you are located in the middle of no where, it isn't that easy. Not to mention everything is made by hand TO order. Gauge is a reseller, as is oznium. Suicide is a custom fab shop that also re-sells.

You get what you pay for. Matt at Gauge has helped me out plenty and most everything he sells, he buys from suicide. Just a little FYI.
pOrk

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:39 pm

Phil wrote:
pOrk wrote:

I expect in-stock orders to be shipped the same or next business day.

Thats easy when you have 4 employee's and average less then 20 orders per day. When you take over 400 orders per day, 200 of which are custom fab items, that simply isn't possible.

The **** Dan ordered I am assuming wasn't in stock. But of course he left that out. Doesn't matter to me either way, sucks to see someone **** flinging when they don't know.
The_Mastor

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:05 pm

A place like suicidedoors getting 400 orders a day doesn't fit in my mind...? icon_confused.gif Holy ****.
Aken

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:14 am

pOrk, Oznium gets more than 20 orders a day. I'll let Phil post up exact numbers if he wants.
kornholio788

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:31 am

OK and that is great and all. But for us customers that simply need just fittings and basic parts. Suicide isnt for us. Why should we have to wait an extra week adn a half because someone wants a cusotm 4 link made???. They need to hire more help to get orders like mine out faster. Gauge is simply a better company for me and the original poster. And no it isnt that it just wasnt in stock. I made a total of 3 orders from them. All just random fittings and parts. Nothing that the site said was backordered. That is why i didnt mention it was backordered.
pOrk

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:33 am

The guy that does the site moved to California, most everything at suicide is done by hand to keep the price down. They don't pay someone 50+ grand a year to maintain their webpage.

And Aken, last time Phil posted stats the average was 20 orders a day. That is NOTHING but a drop in the hat compared to other online re-sellers.
Aken

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:03 am

Yeah, it's less than hundreds of thousands of online retailers.

Not sure why you're still arguing, Pork. Everyone is just stating opinions, lol.
pOrk

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:18 am

I know how the company is run and Jason is a good friend of mine, Dan is dogging on a company he doesn't know anything about. It's funny how he thinks keeping 1000 different fittings in stock is easy, and also how he thinks Gauge magazine is such an inferior company when Suicide supplies them with 40% of their drop ships.
The time now is Mon May 21, 2018 11:09 pm
Page 1 of 1