Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Cool futon. Anyone got one of these?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:54 pm

So I am in the market for a futon. I need it to be small. And this seems perfect. As I need something that isn't that wide. Like 5 feet is perfect as space is tight. I found this on walmart.com. It can be had for 150 direct from the manufacturerf. Does any one have one of these by any chance? Are they confortable. I don't need it to be crazy confy. Just halfway decent. I have a lazyboy recliner that I will be in the most but incase someone is over they have a place to sit and it won't feel like concret. Let me know! As this is def a good price.

Quote:
Modern style meets modern convenience in this fun and versatile lounger. With the sides flat, it's a great place to catch some zzz's. Fold up one side and it's a comfy daybed, perfect for reading or watching TV. Fold up both sides and it's a love seat. Durable cushions make it extra cozy.

User posted image
User posted image
josh9015

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:01 pm

i have a futon in my man cave. My wife calls it that. And I paid a little over 300 for a nice wooden frame and a thick ass cushion/mattress whatever you want to call it. I love it. Nice to sleep on too. That picture makes it look horrible. Sit in it before you buy it. and lay down.
djtecthreat

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:23 pm

5 Feet? Do you know anyone that might sleep over thats 5 feet tall? Considering loosing some width for pillows, that would be painfully short.
kornholio788

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:45 pm

5 feet is the only space I got. That is why this is great because it folds down to more like 6 feet and if someone isn't sleeping over I can have it at the "couch" position and be able to fit everything in. The room is gunna be tight so this would work perfect. And I personally won't be sitting in it a whole lot. I have a full lazy boy recliner. This takes up some space and will give more seating area for when other people are over. I think it will work. Just want to know if anyone has one. As no walmart even generally close to me has one in store. Otherwise I would go try it for myself.
Golfer

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:56 pm

I have seen those at MANY furniture stores. I recommend going to check out whatevere furniture stores you have near you and try it out. They are probably all very similar in comfort since they all seem to look the same.
lunasea

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:20 pm

cool havent seen a funky one like that before i have a normal kinda futon its a double bed thing with a single bed on top
kornholio788

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Golfer wrote:
I have seen those at MANY furniture stores. I recommend going to check out whatevere furniture stores you have near you and try it out. They are probably all very similar in comfort since they all seem to look the same.

Really? Hrm I will have to check around. Thanks for the info!
KrzysD

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:03 pm

i've had 2 metal frame futons and 1 wooden frame futon both broke, now i have a water bed and its the best damned thing i've ever slept on, besides the sleep number bed, so i dont recommend it but its your room.

other then that it doesnt look too bad make sure its got a 1 year warrenty.
kornholio788

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:06 pm

Nah. I have a real bed with a box spring and a brand new matteress that is comfortable as hell. Got it last year. So that is good. This I will just use for my living room incase someone wants to crash at my place they have a place to sleep and then I can use it as a couch too.
KrzysD

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:33 pm

oh then get it, screw your friends as long as your comfortable who cares bout them lmao
Drifting10

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:34 pm

my friend has this exact one
kornholio788

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Drifting10 wrote:

Any good. I picked up a regular futon cuz it was on sale but I don't know if it will fit. I like the looks of this one. Is it half way decent?
TRogers

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:12 pm

I have a metal frame futon, and I just ordered a replacement couch last weekend that's being delivered next week. The futon sucks balls.

The metal grating used for the sitting area fell through on one side. I'm going to re frame it with wood and put it in our spare bedroom for guests.
kornholio788

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Well the one I have is wood. And it is actually kind of stiff. Stiff enough to be comfortable for a night or to def sit on. So I might just have to stick with the one I have.
Brandon

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:28 pm

I slept on a futon for like 4 years. It sucked. After I got a new bed, we through out the old mattress and got a nice, thick one. TONS nicer. Wish I would have complained about it 4 years earlier....
Drifting10

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:50 pm

kornholio788 wrote:
Drifting10 wrote:

Any good. I picked up a regular futon cuz it was on sale but I don't know if it will fit. I like the looks of this one. Is it half way decent?

yeah its nice when all folded out its very comfy but the only problem with it is that the cushions slide all over the place like you be sitting on it like a chair and go to lean bakc an the bottom cushion will end up half on the floor but other then that very nice i liked the lounge chair thing where you can set the angle of the side/arm things
kornholio788

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Do you happen to know where he bought his? Because I am going to return the other one and get this one because it will save me space and look alot nicer. So if you know where he bought it that would be great. Because I am sure I can figure something to hold the cushins better. Thanks bro. You just made my mind on them icon_smile.gif
mx107marlin

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 pm

kornholio788 wrote:
Because I am sure I can figure something to hold the cushins better.

Zip Ties biglaugh.gif
Drifting10

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:01 pm

just called him and he said he got it for xmas and doesnt know but hes going to ask his parents when they get back from somewhere and i'll let you know
kornholio788

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:06 pm

^^Awsome. Thanks alot man. I found I can order either from walmart or direct from the manufacturer for 150. Walmart wants another 150 to ship. So I will probably just order stright from the manufacturer unless the person that got it for him got it somewhere local. Because I would rather drive an hour than have to order it online.

Thanks again bro

The korny one.
Golfer

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:09 pm

How much does the manufacturer charge for shipping?
kornholio788

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:10 pm

They want 100 I think then 50 for shipping. Walmart wants 150 + 50 for shipping. So Direct is the way to go.
Drifting10

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Any time Korn glad i could help
Golfer

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:17 pm

$99 + $49 shipping from amazon reseller.

http://www.officefurniturepros.com/product.php?productid=184015
$159

These are the places I found that sell it locally, but they are all cheaper:
Walmart, as you posted.
Target:
And also Office Depot, but they want almost $300 for it...
Drifting10

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:30 pm

oh btw here is my friends he just sent me a pic of it and got it from walmart

kornholio788

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Awsome. THank soo much dude. I am definitaly going to get it. And walmart while they have it on their site they will only drop ship it at your house. I will check target tomarro and see if they have one at the store I can buy. Thanks sooo much guys. I really appriciate it. I am glad I can get this one. I think i will be happier with it. Saves vital space that I don't have much of.
Cooper

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Sorry to drag up this old post but I have one of these futons also, complete with attached old underbody kit . Finally found the camera in the closet the other day so I could share .

User posted image
kornholio788

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:18 pm

hahaha THanks for posting bro. But I actually ended up getting a different one. But thanks for the post and pic!
Cooper

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:19 pm

The one in your picture is better anyway . This one has a cushion in two pieces so there's a big gap in the middle where your ass falls in while you try to sleep . icon_sad.gif
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:05 pm
Page 1 of 1