Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Bogus court appearance...

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:04 am

I need some help here...

2 A.M. southern California after the bar closed... my friend is DD'ing my blazer and we get pulled over for "excessive noise violation" (even though it was turned down). Im not whining about that... that fine, a compliment if anything.

What I don't get is that I have to appear in court for ******* an ash out the window, NOT the cigarette butt, THE ASH. cited for 'throwing a lit substance out the window".

ITS NOT LIT, ITS ASH! has anyone ever dealt with this. The cop was so just f***ing with us.
ImagoX

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:03 pm

Pay the fine and move on, and next time don't hassle the cops when they pull you over.

I can only assume from your comment that "excessive noise is a compliment" that you were in fact pulled over for cause. At 2:00AM, working people are trying to sleep - show a little basic effing courtesy, and don't bellyache when cops decide to write you a ticket for showing 'tude.
markwerline

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 pm

No man, it was nothing like that and was NOT a residential area. Not showing tude for getting pulled over, and was curteous at the time, however I just don't understand why I get a fine for a cigarette ash. I will pay the fine obviously cause it would stupid to actually try to fight this. it just seem a bit silly to me.
ImagoX

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:26 pm

(Shrug)... I wasn't there, and obviously you're gonna say that all was kosher on your end. I'm just saying that in SoCal, I'm sure the cops have better things to do than totally make crap up to waste time pulling you over - funny how every time that happens, it's complete bogus BS on the cops' part.

But, if you really and truly feel that the cop was abusing their authority you always have the option to go to traffic court and say your peace in front of the judge. Good luck if you chose to go that route, but it IS your right to have your day in court. Remember though that the only people on the face of the planet more concerned than a cop with getting their due respect is a JUDGE.
markwerline

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:35 pm

That I do know. Thanks for your candor man. I'm just gonna pay ticket and move on, its just the smart thing to do. I was mainly curious if anyone else has even seen that as a fine before as I haven't.
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:20 pm

For one thing with as many fires as Cali has you should not be throughing your ash out. Ash is not ash if it comes right off the cigarette. Its still lit. Take the so called ash and break it up and see what you get. Not only is it still burning inside, but it can start a road side fire. Pay the fine and move on. Stop throwing your ash out the window. It gets peoples car dirty anyways.

/end rant
itzbjorn

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Yeah, ash, cigarette butts etc from a MOTORCYCLE RIDER point of view... People get dents in their door from my size 12 boot when they do that **** infront of me.

NOT cool.
Ace 96

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm

itzbjorn wrote:
Yeah, ash, cigarette butts etc from a MOTORCYCLE RIDER point of view... People get dents in their door from my size 12 boot when they do that **** infront of me.

NOT cool.

Thats a great point you brought up, I never thought of that
markwerline

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:12 pm

^me neither.
TRogers

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 pm

I get **** if anybody ashes, spits, throws out a butt, trash whatever. If anything comes out of someones window while I am behind them I get really angry.

And that's in my car, not on a bike.

I definitely don't want somebody's dirty ashes hitting my car. I've had someone say "it's so small the wind smashes it before it has time to hit your car"

F that! I have seen a ball of ash hit my hood before, and then I passed the *******. The last thing I need is an ember to mar my paint or ash to leave a mark.

That's why they make ASH TRAYS.
Ace 96

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:18 pm

Quote:
I get **** if anybody ashes, spits, throws out a butt, trash whatever. If anything comes out of someones window while I am behind them I get really angry.

I also hate it when someone doesn't tie down all their **** in the bed of their trucks and then it flies off on the highway and you either run it over and mess up your tire or it bounces off the windshield and dings it

Quote:
F that! I have seen a ball of ash hit my hood before, and then I passed the *******. The last thing I need is an ember to mar my paint or ash to leave a mark.

Reminds me of the days when my mom's Lumina had a leaking gas tank, EVERY cigarette thrown out of a window you prayed you could avoid it and live to make it to your destination, those were some scary days let me tell you icon_eek.gif
djtecthreat

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:48 pm

People dont use the ash tray because they dont want anyone to know they smoked in there car when they sell/trade it. Little do they know you can tell right away by there ugly teeth and breath.
Cooper

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:21 pm

What city were you in when you got the citation ? There's at least one city I know of locally where you can be cited for smoking (and ashing) in your vehicle . As in.. nothing comes out of the window what-so-ever.. you're just not allowed to smoke while driving . Pretty ridiculous stuff .

I'm fully against ******* butts for a variety of reasons, trash, fire safety, drivers courtesy, etc but just ******* ash is a pretty BS citation, I agree . If you exercise common sense (don't flick when you're driving next to a field of dry grass in July, don't try to ash at 80mph and lose the cherry, etc) then its a pretty harmless thing to do .

You could just get a convertible . At speed my cigarettes ash themselves.. the whole cab is like a wind tunnel icon_biggrin.gif
02BlueStang

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:49 pm

your vehicle has an ashtray for a reason...use it

just be glad he didnt cite you for the entire cigarette...would have cost you around 50-500 depending on the city ordinance
markwerline

Post Mon May 05, 2008 9:22 am

So all said and done... $401.00 fine and waived the community service due to active military. wow. now have an ashtray in the truck and utilize it. hello stimulus check! LOL.
02BlueStang

Post Mon May 05, 2008 9:57 am

markwerline wrote:
So all said and done... $401.00 fine and waived the community service due to active military. wow. now have an ashtray in the truck and utilize it. hello stimulus check! LOL.

Im glad to see you handled it the mature way...just take it as a lesson learned icon_cool.gif
markwerline

Post Mon May 05, 2008 10:10 am

^ yuppers man.
ImagoX

Post Mon May 05, 2008 11:28 am

I agree - I totally hate it when people throw **** out their car windows. The world is NOT your ash tray. Since putting a grille cover on my supercharger intake I've found butts on it TWICE - that really steams me. Back when I rode a bike, I caught a cig butt in the face more than once - thqank God I always wore a full-face helmet back then.

I didn't even think about the fire danger - after what happened in SoCal last autumn with the wild fires from LA to San Diego, I can easily imagine why they're being anal about anything smoldering being tossed out a window. Glad to see you handled it well - I wish everyone that posted gripes about fines were half as mature. Kudos!
The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:16 pm
Page 1 of 1