Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Better pics of my beefy UB LED strips in action.

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:14 pm

The last batch of pics I posted was right after my beefy UB LED strips were installed, and the drive home was in a bunch of snow so it didn't look all that great. Anyhow, just thought I should share some better pics. I really like how the 6' strips across the front and back provide more light than the standard 4' most people go with. I took these during an 8th gen Civic meet. So here we go!

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image
Tim

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:18 pm

VERY impressive man, I like it. That last shot would be perfect if it was centered and you took a few steps back and got the skyline in the background.

Thought about putting some in those wheel wells?
Cyber Knight

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks amigo! I kinda like how it looks like the car is coming into the scene, but I'm not a pro and your way sounds like it might be even better. I was as far back as I could be without the Civic beside me getting in the shot (or his headlight glare messing it up). Thought about wheel well glow, maybe way down the road. Because I've got longer than average glow under there it fills in more by the tires, but no doubt that wheel well glow would tie it in perfectly.
robbie

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Jeebus. If i wanted one color that would be the only way. The amount of light you have and the little amount of unlit parts really makes me happy. Great job i love it man.
Chris

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Looks great. I plan on using some of the Beefy strips for the rx7.

Are they a good deal for the money? How do they rate on installation and flexibility?
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Im jealous of your wheel to wheel glow.
Cyber Knight

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:07 pm

Chris wrote:
Looks great. I plan on using some of the Beefy strips for the rx7.

Are they a good deal for the money? How do they rate on installation and flexibility?

They cost a wee bit more if you get four of the 6' strips (~$20), but then you get the most underbody glow coverage possible so it's way worth it. Installation depends on your car. I ended up getting aluminum angle brackets for the sides, mounted the strips to those, then mounted the entire solid assembly (as my car has nothing on the sides to mount to). The front and rear were awesome, I was able to mount over top of the tail pipe so it shines down and reflects on it for a great effect. The beefy strips don't flex much side to side like a regular LED strip would, but they flex up and down like a ribbon strip VERY well. Unfortunately for the blue, they don't match the rest of Ozniums LEDs, it's more of an aqua color, despite what the tech specs say. You can't tell in the pics, but in person you sure can. The good thing is it's still a very nice color.
Fo_SheeZy

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Those are some badass pics, especially with the city in the background.
ImagoX

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Beefies make for a good UB kit... Hopefully my last strips will be here soon so I can put mine back on :: crosses fingers ::. Looks great!
codyo32689

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:15 pm

looks DAMN good...im impressed
Tat2Dragons

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:21 am

WOW!! Excellent glow and great pics,nice job. icon_cool.gif
Cyber Knight

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:45 pm

Thanks guys, been turning a lot of heads (mostly mine) with this glow. I'm starting to wish the sun wasn't setting later these days.
The time now is Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:37 pm
Page 1 of 1