Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

The worlds tallest buildings. Just insane

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon May 19, 2008 5:42 pm

The fight for the worlds tallest building has been raging for quite a while now, Mankind has managed to take structures so massive that it seems like they nearly touch the clouds, And defy the physical limitations that our ancestors had to put up with in the past.

Now the buildings that are being worked on and planned will change everything we thought we knew about the "Limit" to just how high you can build a skyscraper.

One skyscraper has, Just offcialy two weeks ago, Become the worlds tallest man-made structer.

And it's not finished yet.

The name of this new building is "Burj-Dubai", Here are some picutres to show you its progress, What it looks like, And how it will look when finished.

First, Here are the two most recent photos of burj-dubai taken only around a few weeks/ a month ago.

(Note that you have to click on most of the images in this thread due to the automatic size-limiter)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Burj_dubai_3.11.08.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/Brj_Duba_from_jaber.jpg

This is a computer-generated photo of what burj dubai will look like upon completion.

User posted image

Lastly, To truly get an understanding on just how massive this skyscraper is, Here is a chart comparing it with other famous sky scrapers

Massive does not even begin to describe this tower.

Yes, Burj dubai will shatter records, And when its finished it will become the worlds tallest structer, Now the most incredible part about this is...

That its title won't last long.

There is another building already planned in the works, And the country has given every assurance that its going to go ahead with construction, The tower will be known simply as the "Mile high tower."

Upon completetion, It will be more than twice as high as burj dubai.

Here is an artist concept of the mile high tower.

User posted image

Here is a list of four towers that are being planned or are already under construction, Compared with burj dubai (Far right)

So the stuff that is under work will be massive beyond anything we can imagine, The placement of burj dubai alone, Being in the middle of a small city whos second tallest structer apears one-eight the size of burj dubai, Will make burj dubai visable from incredible distances, Like a gleaming spire.

looking at building development in the past 60 years, We have witnessed breath taking records being broken time and time again, And it's obvious that eventually even the "Mile high tower" will be knocked off its throne as world tallest, More than likely in our lifetime.

But what about buildings in the future? I'm talking about buildings with technology being used, That we cannot even begin to comprehend. This one illustration shows a building that has gotten a lot of talk. This building really cannot be called a building, It is a "A vertical city."

And whats more fascinating is that people are really beginning to convince themselfs to take a serious look at this structer, With the reason being that mankind is growing, And eventually we are all going to run out of space, We've built to the left, but we've hit oceans. We've built to the right, But again we hit ocean. We've built downwards, But we've hit cave-ins.

Looks like theres only one direction left to go.... Up.

This photo is an artist conception of the "Ultima" tower, Behold its glory. Make sure you click this image and enlarge to really get a scale of its size.

http://www.tdrinc.com/images/photos/large/Towers04a1.jpg

With all this said, The word "Limit" has been erased from the human vocabulary, And the word "Gravity" has gone from an insurmountable obsticale to being irrelevent, At least when it comes to building.

What lies ahead, One has to wonder, Who knows?, Maybe we should be thankful that we can still see the sun...
MonteCarloSteve

Post Mon May 19, 2008 5:52 pm

why? cool... but why? whats the need for something that big? lol
PerplHze

Post Mon May 19, 2008 6:00 pm

Gonna need some really big ladders on the fire trucks!!!!
mx107marlin

Post Mon May 19, 2008 6:04 pm

I don't think all this is really a result of need yet... but it is a feat of engineering, which is amazing to me.

The population keeps growing, and while space exploration is moving fairly rapidly, it seems to be standing still in relation to architectural technology... So more than likely, we will need solutions on earth for our energy needs, as well as our physical size of the population before we can move to another planet.
02BlueStang

Post Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm

no you wont need fire trucks...cause no firefighter would even attempt to climb that thing...it would take them DAYS to reach you...they'd just let it burn and build it again....gonna have to invent wings if you want to survive any natural disaster in those things
justinwebb

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:06 pm

with all the other problems going on im glad we as a human race be concerned about building a freaking tower bigger than someone else......the human race as a whole and its stupidity amazes me
blue one

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:08 pm

huh... pretty freakin big.. would hate to work in the penthouse of that thing.
Stompy

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:16 pm

Well just found this.

Looks like this Dubie city will become super-city pretty soon.

That place is getting kinda.....Fancy, you can say
jol102001

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:23 pm

MonteCarloSteve wrote:
why? cool... but why? whats the need for something that big? lol

to use up half of our resources..... icon_razz.gif
Kierra

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:35 pm

why is this dubai such a hot-spot?
it looked like pre-1990, this place was nothing..
looks good now.. i wont deny that..
but i dont see where all this came from..

and i remember seeing documentaries on that indoor snowboard/ski park and the palm tree islands.. along with the world islands
Ryan88

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:52 pm

I was watching a 9/11 show last night, and I think they said it takes a fire fighter an average of one hour to climb 35-50 floors with 100lbs of gear/equipment. Imagine how long it would take to climb that!
codyo32689

Post Mon May 19, 2008 8:39 pm

holy ****...someone is gonna have a really long elavator ride everyday
Cooper

Post Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Wow.. I looked at that first picture and all I could think of was: Can you imagine being the crane operator in that temporary crane perched on top of the building ? Not only are you already a kazillion feet off the ground.. but then you have to climb up a giant ladder to get in your crane **** and sit at the highest point all day moving stuff around .
I would be too busy crapping my pants to do any work .
SickWitIt

Post Mon May 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Cooper wrote:

I would be too busy crapping my pants to do any work .

Not me, I'm dropping pennies.
Fo_SheeZy

Post Mon May 19, 2008 9:06 pm

OMG.... an underwater hotel!
User posted image

Palm tree island.. lmao!
User posted image

Whole overlook of the island.. how the hell?
User posted image

OMG... so badass..
User posted image

User posted image
Knox

Post Mon May 19, 2008 9:33 pm

That underwater hotel would be badass
GoldenRod

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:52 am

Kierra wrote:

and i remember seeing documentaries on that indoor snowboard/ski park and the palm tree islands.. along with the world islands

Because they realized a while ago that their oil supply isn't going to last very long. They've switched their primary export from oil to tourism. They want to be the "it" spot for everyone in the world to visit/buy vacation homes, etc. Much more money in tourism than oil, if you can build the infrastructure first.
TRogers

Post Tue May 20, 2008 5:17 am

I'm waiting for a huge natural disaster to demolish Dubai. It will happen...someday.
PwrRngr

Post Tue May 20, 2008 7:30 am

GoldenRod wrote:
Kierra wrote:

Because they realized a while ago that their oil supply isn't going to last very long. They've switched their primary export from oil to tourism. They want to be the "it" spot for everyone in the world to visit/buy vacation homes, etc. Much more money in tourism than oil, if you can build the infrastructure first.

I would disagree. I would say this all came from their profits from oil.
ChevyCaprice9C1

Post Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 am

that stuff is cool looking
Radioflyer

Post Tue May 20, 2008 7:54 am

Doesn't "Burj-Dubai" roughtly translate to "Big Metal Pen-is?

2 words: Base Jumping. biglaugh.gif
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Tue May 20, 2008 8:27 am

The next engineering feet is ...

designing a parking lot to everyones car when they are at work on the tallest building.
kornholio788

Post Tue May 20, 2008 8:30 am

justinwebb wrote:
with all the other problems going on im glad we as a human race be concerned about building a freaking tower bigger than someone else......the human race as a whole and its stupidity amazes me

Trogers whome likes the penor wrote:
I'm waiting for a huge natural disaster to demolish Dubai. It will happen...someday.

BOTH qft. Such a huge waste of money and resources. Just so either a natural disaster or some dumb terrorist flys a plane into it. That WHOLE thing is gone then. A complete waste. And they wonder why we have no resources or money anymore.
PwrRngr

Post Tue May 20, 2008 8:39 am

justinwebb wrote:

Is it a waste? Actually that's shouldn't even be a valid question. The real question is why should it bother you how someone else uses their money? You don't see them telling you what to spend your money on.

If I had that much money and desired to build the worlds tallest tower, I should be able to build it and do whatever I damn well please with my money. What people do with their money it up to them. I would be that this tower has been thought out and in the long run it will return more money to the builder than they spent on it. Companies don't just build towers because they feel the desire. They build them b/c at some point it's going to yield a profit.
Mtx_97_Beast

Post Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 am

Radioflyer wrote:
Doesn't "Burj-Dubai" roughtly translate to "Big Metal Pen-is?

2 words: Base Jumping. biglaugh.gif

LOL,

Or, hand gliding biglaugh.gif
markwerline

Post Tue May 20, 2008 9:01 am

kornholio788 wrote:
justinwebb wrote:

Trogers whome likes the penor wrote:

BOTH qft. Such a huge waste of money and resources. Just so either a natural disaster or some dumb terrorist flys a plane into it. That WHOLE thing is gone then. A complete waste. And they wonder why we have no resources or money anymore.

Have you noticed the area of the world these are all taking place in? These are the oil countries(makes sense... they have the money to do this). They are prominently muslim, the terrorists hate us more.

And Dubai, crazy times. HEHEE. Especially if you are a Marine and you just spent the last month on ship and they let you loose there before you go to kuwait to push up into iraq. good times with russian hookers let me tell you.
xracer000

Post Tue May 20, 2008 11:22 am

Kierra wrote:

I work at a distributor in Canada. We used to manufacture but now we get all our stock imported. Dubai is a major location right now, and there's been talk about our company opening up a location there just for the sole purpose of exporting to our head office here in Canada.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue May 20, 2008 1:14 pm

The palm island is kinda old. Its been on mega-structures for a few episodes.
banned from SG

Post Wed May 21, 2008 9:04 am

I can't wait for someone to build something so high that it knocks the earth out of it's orbital path.

My friend has pictures of Dubai. So does my brother.
Chris

Post Wed May 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Rochester Institute of Technology is opening up a campus there late this year.

Heres a picture of what they have thus far.

User posted image

Larger :
Goose
Oznium Employee

Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:18 am

So many crazy buildings. It's amazing how technology is advancing with building structures today.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue May 27, 2008 1:54 pm

The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:16 pm
Page 1 of 1