Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Laws in ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI, on underglow

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:46 pm

couldnt find much on the topic online. anyone else have any info?
robbie

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:50 pm

All the lighting laws for you are in different links look here for all of them.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/STATUTES/C307.HTM
JFOLEY

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:59 pm

awsome, thank you so much for the help!
Kindschi

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:29 pm

I looked though a few of those laws and could not find any that answers my question...

If the source of the light is not visible while looking strait across the bottom of the car is it legal? My dad use to be a Florissant cop (subburb of STL) and he said that if you could not see the source while looking directly across the bottom is was ok as long as you could only see the glow. Now its been a few years since he worked there and I now currently live in Florissant.. I asked a few cops and they all agree the glow is fine as long as its not strobe Blue or Red... But I cant dig up any laws to actually confirm this. I guess its one of those laws that falls in the gray area...

Kindschi
02BlueStang

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:09 pm

307.095. 1. Headlamps, when lighted, shall exhibit lights substantially white in color; auxiliary lamps, cowllamps and spotlamps, when lighted, shall exhibit lights substantially white, yellow or amber in color. No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment, except a school bus when used for school purposes or an emergency vehicle upon any street or highway with any lamp or device thereon displaying a red light visible from directly in front thereof.

I would consider neon lamps to be auxilary lights and they would be included in this state statute. If you run them, you will get cited. I however was unable to find any information pertinent to running white or amber, just make sure it is not flashing.
Kindschi

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:17 pm

Thanks Stang, I went back one by one and read each one and came to the same conclusion as you about the LEDS being considered Auxiliary. I was just curious if they address it in more detail to include neons or LEDs but I guess its just safe to assume that they both are included in the term "Auxiliary".

Ive been pretty safe with my HIDS for over 7 months, been pulled over once and the officer just wanted to know where I got them.. lol. I gave him the website and owners phone number and he let me go. Im hoping my luck will work with the underbody lights too. Probly gonna order them up in a day or two.. im stuck on which one I want, V1 or 2... ohh the decisions.
02BlueStang

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Kindschi wrote:
Thanks Stang, I went back one by one and read each one and came to the same conclusion as you about the LEDS being considered Auxiliary. I was just curious if they address it in more detail to include neons or LEDs but I guess its just safe to assume that they both are included in the term "Auxiliary".

Ive been pretty safe with my HIDS for over 7 months, been pulled over once and the officer just wanted to know where I got them.. lol. I gave him the website and owners phone number and he let me go. Im hoping my luck will work with the underbody lights too. Probly gonna order them up in a day or two.. im stuck on which one I want, V1 or 2... ohh the decisions.

No problem,

V1 and V2 are roughly the same, V-2 is simply brighter....If I bought again I would probably go with a V2 just because of the height of my truck...would like a little more flow of light into the wheel well areas.

I was cited on my stang once before I had read the state statutes when I was 17 or 18. The cite was a moving violation and was $126 and went on my insurance.
Kindschi

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Wow a moving violation puppy_dog_eyes.gif ... What was the charge, if you remember.

Im leaning towards the V2 also.. Still pondering though.

-K
02BlueStang

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:33 pm

Kindschi wrote:
Wow a moving violation puppy_dog_eyes.gif ... What was the charge, if you remember.

Im leaning towards the V2 also.. Still pondering though.

-K

Equipment violation on a moving vehicle on public roadways is a moving violation and will take points off your license. Not as severe as say speeding, reckless etc.
Kindschi

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Well thats good to know. If anything ill just keep them on a solid color while im rolling though the high police zones.. at least that way im not flashing around drawing more attention.
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:55 am
Page 1 of 1