Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

DIY Fiberglass/Carbon Fiber Sub enclosure - Page 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:36 pm

RRSport wrote:
that is not cutting corners LMAO! The foam just builds a section that is not there. You cannot do that with fiberglass unless you make it 4 inches thick. Do you know how hard that is? no one would do that. a half inch of foam is nothing. Why would some make a solid brick of resin and then sand it down to barely nothing just to create a trim piece? I guess I'm unprofesional! hahahahhaha how does it look sloppy? **** my box looked even more sloppy when it was being FG'd. there is fiberglass over the half inch of foam and then the foam is picked out, it just acts as a filler to build on. Every box is different and different measures need to be taken to finish them. you should get off your high horse and step back to reality, you're are driving a LOWERED EXPLORER!

WTF do my wheels have to do with it? bro, dont get me started on your hoopty.

Yes you should do a DIY on it... please do us all a favor all mighty "Profesional" Blk T Bon 20s, WTF is that?

I dont even think he has lowerd it. But i see no point on what he said because the looks on this, looks like your no where near being done. And the wheels comment...Wtf does that have to do with building a box. And blktbon20s, do make a DIY, if hes doing it all wrong i dont want to mess mine up. IMO, i think its coming alnog great, When i do mine im going to paint it not carpet it. And for all the comments about how dirty it is, From the looks of his vehicle, and stuff, you think hes going to leave it all like that? Looks good though, cant wait to see the finished product!
PwrRngr

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:10 pm

BLAZER_97 wrote:
I dont even think he has lowerd it. But i see no point on what he said because the looks on this, looks like your no where near being done. And the wheels comment...Wtf does that have to do with building a box. And blktbon20s, do make a DIY, if hes doing it all wrong i dont want to mess mine up. IMO, i think its coming alnog great, When i do mine im going to paint it not carpet it. And for all the comments about how dirty it is, From the looks of his vehicle, and stuff, you think hes going to leave it all like that? Looks good though, cant wait to see the finished product!

I second this. I'm about to start a fiberglass sub enclosures and an amp rack. This will be the first I've ever done and would like to avoid screwing it up.
RRSport

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:18 pm

BLAZER_97 wrote:
RRSport wrote:
that is not cutting corners LMAO! The foam just builds a section that is not there. You cannot do that with fiberglass unless you make it 4 inches thick. Do you know how hard that is? no one would do that. a half inch of foam is nothing. Why would some make a solid brick of resin and then sand it down to barely nothing just to create a trim piece? I guess I'm unprofesional! hahahahhaha how does it look sloppy? **** my box looked even more sloppy when it was being FG'd. there is fiberglass over the half inch of foam and then the foam is picked out, it just acts as a filler to build on. Every box is different and different measures need to be taken to finish them. you should get off your high horse and step back to reality, you're are driving a LOWERED EXPLORER!

Yes you should do a DIY on it... please do us all a favor all mighty "Profesional" Blk T Bon 20s, WTF is that?

But i see no point on what he said because the looks on this, looks like your no where near being done. And the wheels comment...Wtf does that have to do with building a box. And blktbon20s, do make a DIY, if hes doing it all wrong i dont want to mess mine up. IMO, i think its coming alnog great, When i do mine im going to paint it not carpet it. And for all the comments about how dirty it is, From the looks of his vehicle, and stuff, you think hes going to leave it all like that? Looks good though, cant wait to see the finished product!

Exactly, he was being a smart ass, but appearantly no one else comprehended that except you. icon_rolleyes.gif
BLAZER_97

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:35 pm

RRSport wrote:
BLAZER_97 wrote:
RRSport wrote:

But i see no point on what he said because the looks on this, looks like your no where near being done. And the wheels comment...Wtf does that have to do with building a box. And blktbon20s, do make a DIY, if hes doing it all wrong i dont want to mess mine up. IMO, i think its coming alnog great, When i do mine im going to paint it not carpet it. And for all the comments about how dirty it is, From the looks of his vehicle, and stuff, you think hes going to leave it all like that? Looks good though, cant wait to see the finished product!

Exactly, he was being a smart ass, but appearantly no one else comprehended that except you. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah i see how your doing it, but really whats the point of cleaning it if your still not done,
RRSport

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:13 pm

BLAZER_97 wrote:
RRSport wrote:
BLAZER_97 wrote:
RRSport wrote:

Yeah i see how your doing it, but really whats the point of cleaning it if your still not done,

The point? there is none, except for... maybe to be more "profesional" or not so "sloppy".
robbie

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:48 pm

If not done why clean if it will get "sloppy" again?
blktbon20s

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:15 pm

RRSport wrote:

You try to go work in a shop with high end cars and have your boss come up to you and see that mess. Or have the customer come and look at it...i know i wouldn't be too happy about seeing that in my truck.

Thats called photoshop my man..and what does that have to do with anything? Hoopty? lmao..if you say so

But just to clear things up about the wheels..you obv didn't cut corners on the wheels. You paid big bucks and they came out sick. So seeing that i didn't think you would cut corners or do "sloopy" work on the custom box.

Like ILjsaq2345 said it stands for Black trailblazer on 20s

I think you need to take a chill pill...we might have ourselfs a new robbie on the site (no offense Robbie) lol
robbie

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:20 pm

^^ I will kill you sir....unless you have SVT wheels for me biglaugh.gif I have been good lately i thought icon_cry.gif

*crawls back into the egg*
blktbon20s

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:23 pm

robbie wrote:
^^ I will kill you sir....unless you have SVT wheels for me biglaugh.gif I have been good lately i thought icon_cry.gif

*crawls back into the egg*

lol
give me a wk and i will have you some icon_twisted.gif dude decided he wants aftermarket wheels
robbie

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Your joking right? Hit me on aim we need to talk about this sir.
BLAZER_97

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:30 pm

Cmon guys lets please stay on topic
robbie

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Ok i have a question for RRsport...I want to get an SVT enclosure and cut it a bit bigger to fit a 10 and not a 8. But i want it to go with the blacked interior as it comes, how hard would it to be to lay FG over the top and give it a nice smooth shine?
RRSport

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:46 pm

what is an SVT enclosure?
robbie

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:48 pm

It is a stock Sub enclosure from the SVT focus. Basically fits directly in the hatch against the left side of it to look OEM in my style focus.
lbjshaq2345

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Pictures of it? What's it covered in to start with?
robbie

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Only pic i could find-

Looks like interior carpet i think. icon_confused.gif
blktbon20s

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:26 pm

rip carper off... depending on the material you might be able to just use bondo to fill in the imperfections . But to be on the safe side i would glass it
RRSport

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:18 pm

blktbon20s wrote:
rip carper off... depending on the material you might be able to just use bondo to fill in the imperfections . But to be on the safe side i would glass it

Or you can get resin and mix it with Qcell, it does the same thing as bondo, but it is 100 times stronger. that should be it. sand it down, and have it paint profesionally for about $75 to give it that high gloss.
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:26 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2