Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Need Some Legal Help

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Here is the issue.

Many of you remember that my landlord had stolen my puppy never to be found. icon_cry.gif

Anyways i have been at my new place just at about 3 weeks. Well almost all of it i didn't have my car so i have to do my change of address tomorrow. Shouldn't be an issue he should call me if alot of mail comes so i can finally pick it up.

Before i had moved or found a place i had a ne social security card mailed. Mine was **** lol. Anyways 10 days to get here. Happens i was out before 10 days so i stopped by to check every once and a while after work. Nothing ever came. Also Jmartin bought my old headlights and HID's but the money order magically wasnlt at the house. Found out he has been checking the mail EVERY day.

So this means he has my Social Security Card which was mailed. As well as a 120 dollar money order. I CAN ship his stuff but part of the money was to ship them. So he is hindering a customer and my reputation. And hold my ENTIRE life in an envelope.

What to do?
thesull

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:28 pm

Cancel the MO and reissue the ID

and ask for your mail.

And why didn't you forward your mail prior to moving?
robbie

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 pm

^^ I could do it online but i didn't realize this. When you have a car and the post office is 10 miles away its not a fun walk. and i was already walking to work everyday. I lived at my new residence MAYBE a few days before it ****.
thesull

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:48 pm

cost a dolalr online
robbie

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Read above post?
PwrRngr

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:54 am

If you know for sure he has you SS card, I would file a lawsuit. He could steal your identity w/ that information.
alkatmsu

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:18 am

Have you tried asking for your mail?
Kierra

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:21 am

PwrRngr wrote:
If you know for sure he has you SS card, I would file a lawsuit. He could steal your identity w/ that information.

x2
TRogers

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:05 am

I would move to Mexico. Preferably a remote area with no internet connection.
02BlueStang

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:20 am

Call the IRS and let them know you do not have possession of your new SS card and number and it might possibly be in a 3rd parties posession.

If they dont issue you a new one in a timely matter, make sure to contact the 3 credit reporting agencies to put a fraud alert on your credit report (must mail a written statement to them with your SS number, address, former address, full name etc)

Forward your mail through USPS...you can do it online and it is free, they charge $1 to a credit card/debit card to verify your identity and then credit your account back the dollar.

Also make sure to change:
voters registration
Federal Address Change (post office should do this when you update with them)
Car insurance address
Car Registration address
Drivers license address
Credit/Debit/Banking address

I wouldnt jump straight to filing a lawsuit, you can't prove that indeed he has it....contact him, if you cant get ahold of him contact the IRS and have them issue a new card....I highly suggest that in the future you either have all important confidential information sent to your parents address to be picked up later or wait until you have a perm. address again. Never trust anyone with your credit/identity.
Losing quickly

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am

I believe it is a Federal crime to take someone else's mail.... Ask him for your mail, if he refuses, contact police and prosecute to the full extent.
robbie

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:13 am

I called him yesterday and am waiting cause i left a voicemail we will see where it goes before he gives it back
Losing quickly

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:16 am

Shoot, I would keep on calling until he got tired of you calling and answers. You also might want to record your conversation as well (easy to do on cell phones)
robbie

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 am

^^ He just called and said NO MAIL has come since i have moved out. icon_rolleyes.gif

Weird if i JUST did a change of address where is the mail going?
Losing quickly

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:33 am

Contact Post Office? See if they are still delivering mail to that address, if they still are, you have grounds to go to the police.

Happened to someone taking mail:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/judicia...ons/2005-11-28-stolen-mail_x.htm
Losing quickly

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:43 am

Just make sure you record your conversations where he says that no mail is coming. If you contact police, odds are that he could say that he was holding it for you. Make sure you cover your butt.
robbie

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:02 pm

I don;t know how to record convos on my current phone. It's a Blackjack2
02BlueStang

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:12 pm

Post office will have a hold on your mail if you changed your address...

all the mail that would have gone to your old address is going to be held, re-sent through the post office and to your new address....mail that went to your old address will have a 7-10 business day hold on it until it shows up at the new address.

its is a felony to open a mail box that is not yours....not to possess someone else's mail who you gave permission to...you gave him permission to get your mail, not a crime.
robbie

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:23 pm

I didn't give him permission to get my mail. He stole my puppy why would i have given him permission to my personal things.

icon_confused.gif

All i know is i didn't allow him to he did it on his own.
BLAZER_97

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:45 pm

TRogers wrote:
I would move to Mexico. Preferably a remote area with no internet connection.

Werd icon_biggrin.gif
RRSport

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Is the mailbox locked? who has access to it? If it is only him, contact the post office for mail theft. Its a serrious offense and they will have an investigator look into it. They do not take it lightly. However if anyone can access the mail it may be hard to pin point the theft.

Deffninatley report it. There's nothing like a federal offense, he'll be taking it in the **** shoot for sure, and he'll be someones *****!

The post office can even look to see if certain items were infact delivered, so I hope he was the only one checking your ****.
robbie

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:19 am

This has been resolved. icon_biggrin.gif
Kierra

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:36 am

so what ended up happening?
robbie

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:49 am

The idiot handed over my mail. And moved on with his sorry excuse of a self. Thankfully because he was annoying. Always trying to make a quick buck off us even when he had no grounds to. And he has a nitro on 22's and wears all the pretty boy ****. God i hate greedy people.
Losing quickly

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Dang dude, I would have gone to the police. Federal Offense FTW
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:24 pm
Page 1 of 1