Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

cold cathodes wiring

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:03 am

Okay I'm a bit confused about the wiring. I just want to make sure before buy the kit. Do I need a atc fuse and fuse holder if I already have a add a circuit? Also if i have two kit of cold cathodes and a switch with LED, I need to ground each of them in 3 difference places? How am i suppose to connect two red wires to the switch coming from the transformers.

I just want to make sure what I need to buy.

1. 2 kit 4inch cold cathodes
2. 1 led switch

What am i missing?
PwrRngr

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:32 am

Everything will work there if you have an add-a-circuit w/ a fuse for it. I'm not sure w/ the add-a-circuit (b/c I've never bought one) but I'm not sure if they come w/ the extra fuse.

You don't need to ground to 3 different places, just one place and make sure it's a clean connection (no rust, paint, loose connnection).

To connect 2 red wires to the switch there are two ways. One is get them all together however you like them and solder them together followed by electrical tape/heatshrink. The other way is to put the two red wires from the transformers in one side of a butt connector and crimp it. Then put the red wire from the switch in the other side and crimp it.
markwerline

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:26 am

If I remeber correctly with my add-a-circuit it did come with (3) fuses, a 5amp 10amp and 15amp.
The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:13 pm
Page 1 of 1