Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

hid lights won't stay on

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:06 am

i installed hid lights on my 05 durango. i have the headlights and the fog lamps. for some reason both the lights on the drivers side won't come on after i have started the truck. they flash when i deactivate my alarm, but the won't come on after the truck has been started. what could be causing this
Kindschi

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:45 am

It could be the Chrysler problem, There is a fix that most companies give to you when you buy the HIDs. Check with who you bought your hids from and see what they say. I did not need it since my Ram does not have that problem so im not sure if its just something quick and easy or takes time to install.

Then again it could be something else all together.

Also, Try waiting a min or two after you deactivate you alarm and the lights completely turn off ,the ballest may not have enough time to charge them back up before you get in and go and that could be a problem,
bad venge

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:33 am

I'd swap the ballast from driver to passenger side , see if the same thing results
ryan71489

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:06 am

Do you have DRL(daytime running lights)? Also when i hooked up HID fog lights i had the same problem because the stock wiring wasnt giving enough power so i had to run all new wiring. If you dont have DRL's then i would do what venge said
02BlueStang

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:31 am

my guess is it is a safety shutoff from your vehicle manufacturer that is turning the lights off due to a power issue....either too much or not enough...

try switching the ballast like was said and testing all the equipment to make sure that is not the problem, this way it narrows it to the vehicle..

Then I would recommend using a wiring harness to run the HID's from the battery for power vs the stock wiring....it is only 1 extra connection and then running a wire thru the engine bay to your battery and connecting with ring terminals...quite easy..

You can get a wiring harness from www.ultrabrightlights.com or other shops for about $45 bucks max....this will also preserve your stock wiring and extend the life of the HID bulbs/ballasts/igniters...

I would recommend a wiring harness for both headlights and foglights.
Black DX

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:17 am

My buddies 08 ram had a pulse light feature where if when the truck is on and you turn on the head lights it would pulse the headlights right before turn on to check for load and if it got none or the imporper load it'd shut the lights back off. So when I installed a pnp kit into his truck it would do the same thing, when the truck was off it'd work just fine but when started it'd flicker and shut off. What I had to do is use a relay to power the ballasts using the lowbeam wire as the trigger to turn on the relay, the load from the relay was enough to fool the truck into thinking the bulb was there and it's been working ever since...
clutch1

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:53 am

The harness aint' caught in the serp belt is it? icon_lol.gif No really, I had that issue and it worked when the car was off but not off, lmao.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:15 pm
Page 1 of 1