Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

license plate lighting in iowa

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:20 pm

i had two blue 2.4" flex led strips as license plate lights for over a month, just a few days ago i setup two green long led modules as the lights for the license plate and i got pulled over comin home from a friends house across the river from me. It was probably just by chance that i didnt get pulled over with the blues but i always thought that all lighting was legal in iowa cuz i always saw cars with underglow but apparently the light has to be white. However, ive drivin by several cops at night here in Illinois at night with the lights on and never had a problem. I didnt get a ticket just a verbal warning but does neone know wat the rule on the license plate really is in Illinois?
pgiordano

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 am

i have 2 led bolts that are blinding on the holes to mount my license plate and if u are derectly behind me u can not read it, i have had them for about 9 months and have had cops follow me with no problem. but i do not know the acuale law on tag lights.
02cougarman

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 am

i always just keep my licence plate lights white
H-Town

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:52 am

^^ same ... anything else is just asking to get pulled over.
knatebetz

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:03 pm

if your anything like nebraskas laws there can't be red or green lights... unless the red is a brake light.
ChevyCaprice9C1

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:16 pm

yeah i don't know exactly but it is a pretty common law in mostly all the states that it has to be white
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:30 am
Page 1 of 1