Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

How to take out an ashtray out of a '96 Sable

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:23 am

Hello. I've made myself a crappy little wooden switchbox that fits just perfectly in my ashtray. I made sure the box itself fit before I did all the wiring. I took the box back out, ran all the wires in the box, sealed it, and then proceeded to try to put it back into the ashtray.

Now, this is where the problem comes in: There's a hole in the back of the ashtray that I wan to run the wires through. However, it's a pain in the butt to get to, and I don't know how else to run the wires exept to take out the ashtray and run them, set the box into the tray, and put the tray back onto the dash. However, I don't know how to take the ashtray off of the dash.

Does anyone know how to take it off, or know where I can get a repair manual so that I can find how to take it off? Remember that I already have my wires run INSIDE of the box and they come out through a small hole in the back. I have 9 wires all together, and I cannot run them behind the tray into the small hole while the ashtray is in the dash.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
ADDICTED2ICELED

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:41 am

need pics dude...
steven_mckenz

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:48 pm

Sorry..I don't have a digicam.

All I need to do is know if there are any bolts or anything on the back of the ashtray on a '96 sable that I can take off to remove the whole thing out of the dash.

Pics wouldn't do any good except to show you how crappy of a switchbox I made (but hey, it was cheap, only 10$!). icon_lol.gif icon_biggrin.gif
ADDICTED2ICELED

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:05 pm

pics of the ashtray would help me realize/remember how to take it off...
steven_mckenz

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:44 pm

Well thanks for the offer to help. However, I finally managed to get it. I had to unplug the + and - off of the cigarrette lighter, and then there were two little "Walls" on both sides of the tray that when I pulled it out, they hit a metal piece to prevent it from pulling it out all the way. All I had to do was to push them both in so that they wouldn't hit the metal piece.

Either way, it's all out, all set up, and running well :-).
Aken

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:56 pm

Yeah, I was about to ask if it was located under the stereo / coin holder / cup holder, and slid out. Because I took out the one on my friends 93? Sable.

Glad you figured it out.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:26 am
Page 1 of 1