Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Photo Shoot Crazy Graffiti Shots of Xb VS Tc

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Well i got new cannon slr for xmas spring fever in nj so photo shoot.ProcFynest aka milton knew of this secret spot of graffiti.When we got there the crew from http://www.tcfive.com/ are there doing tags. We watched **** and took some crazy shots.So please tell us what you think and check the crews web page sick griffiti pix there.

User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
PwrRngr

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:57 pm

Good God, can we get a 56k warning for those poor soles who are still in the ancient times? I think my computer would have exploded if I had 56k. icon_lol.gif

Shots look good. It amazes me what people can do w/ some rattle cans.
njforcedlife77@aol.com

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:05 pm

lol yes def thanks man
ChevyCaprice9C1

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:16 pm

awesome pics both cars looks awesome
Kris

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Love it, where in NJ were these taken? I'm located in Berkeley Heights icon_redface.gif
Tat2Dragons

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:41 pm

icon_cool.gif Nice looking rides and pics,but entirely too many pictures posted of pretty much the same shot. icon_confused.gif
knatebetz

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:48 pm

you guys thought it was too much????

huh, didn't think it was enough. icon_neutral.gif
njforcedlife77@aol.com

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Kris wrote:
Love it, where in NJ were these taken? I'm located in Berkeley Heights icon_redface.gif

we took them in monmouth county i know alot of pix but just dif styles of shots.
chevrolet_rocks

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:07 pm

cars are looking good. i wish there was some sweet graffiti shots around here.
Aken

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Okay, I hate to be the jerk in the crowd, but I stopped looking at photos half way through because of how oddly aligned the subject matter is in the photos. In the start of the series I felt like I should be paying more attention to the paved ground than anything else.

Guess I'd just recommend a little more practice. But hey, the photos are more for you than me. So take what I say however, I'm not important. I'm sure you had a good time.
njforcedlife77@aol.com

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:17 pm

first time with the new cam and did have alot of room to back up or move around.the guys there where painting every where so hey made it work best i could first time using custom setting.
Kris

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:11 am

What town in Monmouth County, area looked familiar? I've lived in West Long Branch as well as Eatontown (was going to Monmouth University)

Love the shots though.
harris_23

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:24 am

yeah im gonna have to agree with aken on this one... there were entirely too many pics of the same thing in there. yeah graffiti is cool lookin... to those who can read it and understand that sorta thing. and to be just completely honest both cars looked nearly stock. i just wasnt that impressed. but its what you love and what you had fun doing so dont stop and dont take any negative criticism to heart.
HoolaKinG

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 pm

There's nice parts of NJ?

Cool graffiti, but I think having the car in the lower third of the picture would've looked better in general.
pOrk

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:50 pm

They were spraying while you were taking photos? Uhh, overspray?

Thats a ton of pictures
njforcedlife77@aol.com

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:50 pm

harris_23 wrote:
yeah im gonna have to agree with aken on this one... there were entirely too many pics of the same thing in there. yeah graffiti is cool lookin... to those who can read it and understand that sorta thing. and to be just completely honest both cars looked nearly stock. i just wasnt that impressed. but its what you love and what you had fun doing so dont stop and dont take any negative criticism to heart.

the car is def not stock both cars here some info on the car and day and night pix since we are on oznium.there is def alot of nice places and towns in dirty jer-z.

Audio Mods
RS 3.0 audio 2 front rs3 headrest monitors,Quarter Wave Designs Custom Made Sub Box Has Fan 32 Green Leds Dual Amps and Draws Made With Carpet and Vinyl.Custom Made Scion Etched Plexi Glass ,2 Apine SWX-1042D, 1 Alpine MRD-M1005, 1 Alpine MRV-F545,Jenson VM9512TS With Mini sd Slot and flash drive DVD,Alpine Center Channel,1 Ps2, Grounding Wire, Battery Wire Upgrade Phoenix Gold, 2 rear rs3 headrest monitors
Body Mods
Front Mask, Fog Lights,Chrome license plates,Chrome Door Sill Enhancements,Door Tape Removed,Weather Tech Rain Guards, LED Undercar Lighting Varad ULS410 Green,Suspension Lighting SL210 Green,Varad,Rear Hatch Strut Overlays,3rd Brakelight Overlay,Visor Warning Label Covers,Backseat Warning Label Covers,front tinted windows 35 %,tint strip on front windshield 35 %, 4 cold cathodes to the Oh Sh*t handles,cold cathodes front to back,Keyhole covers by KeyTechniques plus wiperplug,4 engine bay cold cathodes,cold cathodes in headlights with leds,leds in every vent,leds in all door panels to make every panel glow,
Power Mods
TRD Exhaust, Iraggi high output alternator 180
Suspension Mods
TRD lowering springs
Wheel and Tire
19" TRD 5 spoke / Pirelli P-Zero 35 series, Trd Chrome Caps
Other Mods
Green Interior LED Illumination Vrad,Led Cup Holder, Green Cold Cathode in Oh **** Handles,Green Leds Though Out Doors, Green Dome Light Led,Arm Rest,Dash and Console Pads Set, Aluminum Oil Cap,Diamond Plate Floor Mats,Sport Pedals,underhood panel custom etched.custom panited interior by patterntek,custom painted engine parts by patterntek,killerglass custom etched

User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
HoolaKinG

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:18 pm

My comment about NJ was (mostly) joking - I'm from MA, so it's a common joke.
pOrk

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:28 pm

How was the graphic on the headliner done? Is it projected or is it actually on the headliner? Also under the hood, is that etched glass? Pretty sharp toaster.
Kwonrae

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Tat2Dragons wrote:
icon_cool.gif Nice looking rides and pics,but entirely too many pictures posted of pretty much the same shot. icon_confused.gif

There are quite a bit of duplicates. Look through some car magazines and pay attention to where the camera was when the photo's were taken, get ideas from professionals. Sweet xB and great Graffiti though.

I'm diggin the audio setup, did you do it yourself?
massie22790

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:54 pm

I actually like that Xb, looks good man!
H-Town

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:56 pm

^^agreed .. ive always liked the rs green
njforcedlife77@aol.com

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:09 pm

pOrk wrote:
How was the graphic on the headliner done? Is it projected or is it actually on the headliner? Also under the hood, is that etched glass? Pretty sharp toaster.

the light is custom projected and yes glass.i took alot of pix for the style of shots i wanted feed back since first time with custom settings on my slr.i did all the work on the xb all custom work. thanks guys btw
Aken

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:22 pm

For some more feedback on the actual photo quality, I have to admit they're rather... plain. It looks like you did a shoot on an overcast day. Without a really good knowledge of how to use the camera, or a good amount of post processing, you're not going to get the best photos on a gray day.

Here's an example of a little bit of post processing:

User posted image

User posted image

I realize it's not a huge change, but the car is more defined now. You don't want to get too crazy otherwise it just looks fake and annoying.
knatebetz

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:18 pm

did you just brighten it up aken??
HoolaKinG

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Looks more like he upped the contrast some.
Aken

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:00 pm

I did Image > Adjustments > Auto Levels, then played with Image > Adjustments > Curves for a little bit until I found something I liked.

You can also use Image > Adjustments > Auto Color to help make things look a little more realistic if it suits the image. I usually do that more with quick photos of people and parties and such than I do with cars and outdoors.
Lacrossefox

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:17 pm

WTF was that glass in the engine. i cant tell from the pics. i could be noobin it
Aken

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Lankhimself

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Nice pics.

That TC is in desperate need of a good pair of wheels.
Kris

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:42 am

Nice pictures, nice car, screw the haters - Out there in the mid-west... I've said enough icon_biggrin.gif

Aken did nothing more but play for Photoshop for a few minutes with levels (Really Aken, you say his pictures look crappy, and then suggest Auto Levels?) Define them manually (start, midtone, and end) then define your total white/black spot, and you'll get a lot better quality then Auto Levels and Curves...
Kris

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:45 am

Oh and use Adjustment Layers so you can see the difference you've made by easily hiding the adjustment layer. Never just go to Image -> Adjustments... Always create an Adjustment Layer
Aken

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:18 am

Kris wrote:
Nice pictures, nice car, screw the haters - Out there in the mid-west... I've said enough icon_biggrin.gif

Aken did nothing more but play for Photoshop for a few minutes with levels (Really Aken, you say his pictures look crappy, and then suggest Auto Levels?) Define them manually (start, midtone, and end) then define your total white/black spot, and you'll get a lot better quality then Auto Levels and Curves...

Sure, Auto Levels isn't fool proof, and doesn't always do something better for the photo. But in this case it did. You can't begin to tell me the photo doesn't look better. Also, for someone who clearly has little experience with post processing, I didn't want to go into some in-depth method, because they aren't for a professional magazine, and especially since stuff like that gets uber tiresome when there are that many photos in a shoot. Batch processing fine-tuned levels is virtually impossible.

I also didn't recommend Auto Levels specifically, that's just what I happened to do in that instance, which my main point was just to show that post processing can change a photo's quality dramatically, not explain exactly how to do it.

I find it kind of insulting you would say that to me. You've seen my photos and know my experience as a designer.
Kris

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:48 am

You admitted you played with Auto Levels and Curves, I was simply stating my opinion on how he should better post-process them. I do however agree you're quite a good CSS and web site coding designer. I'm sorry you feel that way Aken.

For someone who jumps in stating their opinion on how the photos looked crappy, I'm going to give you some of your own advice, like you did to the OP.

Quote:
So take what I say however, I'm not important. I'm sure you had a good time.

Like you, I was stating my opinion. Frankly I was surprised you suggested such method, after seeing some of your previous work, and bashing the hell out of his photos.
Aken

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:26 pm

I offered my opinion because that's what he asked for. What I said was meant in no way to be a bash, it was my constructive criticism. While in my opinion, you pretty much called me out for something that wasn't even the concern of my post.

Yes, those are the methods I used to very quickly touch up that photo, in order to show how post processing can have a large impact on a photo shoot. (And I still never suggested them directly, I just stated the methods I used.) Does that mean that's what I do every time? Does that mean that is what my knowledge is limited to, or that's what I think is the best method? By all means, elaborate on better methods, but don't make me look like a fool in the process.
Moss

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:42 pm

I suggest Battle dome to settle this photo feud.
harris_23

Post Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:56 am

xB reminds me of bow wows hulk mobile in tokyo drift... just put a hairline on the top and a fist comin out and it would be pretty close... lol
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:08 am

Aken wrote:
In the start of the series I felt like I should be paying more attention to the paved ground than anything else.

Yes, yes, yes!!!

I was thinking that. Almost word for word. Too much pavement!
Kwonrae

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Battle dome sucked, bring in crossfire damnit.
H-Town

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Kwonrae wrote:
Battle dome sucked, bring in crossfire damnit.

crossfire was the ****.
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:32 pm
Page 1 of 1