Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Fast & Furious - Page 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Message
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:24 pm

First movie I have seen in a theater in at least a year.

Decent overall for what it is. Way to may unrealistic stunts and driving...but I guess that is to be expected.

If you do attend at night, be sure to wait around in the parking lot to double your overall entertainment value.
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Not supporting **** movies anymore.

This is at the top of the "**** List"
coolbam

Joined: Nov 05 2008
Posts: 1996
Location: Dayton OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:30 pm

I'll be seeing it sometime.
ethanFBM

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Posts: 466
Location: PHX, AZ


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:33 pm

i heard its supposed to be alot more technically accurate than the last few
like no 7 speed eclipses and minute and a half long drag races
im gonna go see it tomorrow after school though, ill say im excited

and i was thinking the exact same thing about going at night and looking around in the parking lot tonight, its only 11:30 right now here so we got about another 30 minutes to go before it comes out, and there is this HUGE movie theater like a mile from here were all the mexican homies and ricers hang out anyways, wish i could go check it out, got school in the morning though :(

what did you see in the parking lot?
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:47 pm

ethanFBM wrote:
i heard its supposed to be alot more technically accurate than the last few
like no 7 speed eclipses and minute and a half long drag races
im gonna go see it tomorrow after school though, ill say im excited

what did you see in the parking lot?


Yes, relating to car function and race lengths it was more accurate than the previous ones. And yes, I am a shift counter.


As for the parking lot, a lot of people who had trunk rattles, a lot of cars that should be crushed, a few nicer cars, and many more who just acted like idiots. I just sat on my buick and watched.
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:51 pm

ethanFBM wrote:


what did you see in the parking lot?


**** that shouldn't be allowed public roads.
ethanFBM

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Posts: 466
Location: PHX, AZ


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:55 pm

corvettecrazy wrote:




As for the parking lot, a lot of people who had trunk rattles, a lot of cars that should be crushed, a few nicer cars, and many more who just acted like idiots. I just sat on my buick and watched.


hahah, sounds like a good time, honestly
02cougarman

Joined: Jun 23 2008
Posts: 924
Location: OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:54 am

i think sick is just hating because he wishes his life was like one of the peoples in the movie...
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:02 am

I'm going tonight.
massie22790

Joined: Oct 08 2008
Posts: 460
Location: Mineral Wells, TX


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:08 am

Ill be going this weekend hopefully.
Stompy

Joined: Jan 15 2008
Posts: 178
Location: North MPLS, MN


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:19 am

I saw it last night for the midnight realease. It was a pretty good movie. The cars were'nt riced out like normal, and there are some neat action scenes. Also, expect for like a few parts, it wasn't full of CGI. I liked the story, it couldnt been a longer, but overall it was worth my 5 bucks.
justinwebb

Joined: Sep 15 2004
Posts: 3170
Location: Columbus, OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:54 am

ill be going to see it and taking the rx7 with me hehehe time to make some money off teh little ricers who think they are the ****
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 am

What are your 1/4 mile times?
justinwebb

Joined: Sep 15 2004
Posts: 3170
Location: Columbus, OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:48 am

Kwonrae wrote:
What are your 1/4 mile times?

currently mid 11's high 10's but have the new methanol injection setup running should get quite lower and got some stickier tires...now if i can stop breaking things on the car before the track we will be good.
JSewell

Joined: Mar 22 2009
Posts: 464
Location: Texas Raised


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:10 am

the second had the r43, cant wait to see that r35 in action against the SS
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 am

justinwebb wrote:
Kwonrae wrote:
What are your 1/4 mile times?

currently mid 11's high 10's but have the new methanol injection setup running should get quite lower and got some stickier tires...now if i can stop breaking things on the car before the track we will be good.


godamn that's fast.
clutch1

Joined: Oct 08 2006
Posts: 1928
Location: around hurr.


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:16 am

My friend wants me to go see it with her.. but I don't have the Buick out yet.. I have a feeling I'm going to be frothing at the mouth when all the ricers sit there in the lot and my ride is sitting in a garage still where I can't show it off icon_confused.gif
kornholio788

Joined: May 02 2005
Posts: 9748
Location: Tosa, WI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:33 am

clutch1 wrote:
My friend wants me to go see it with her.. but I don't have the Buick out yet.. I have a feeling I'm going to be frothing at the mouth when all the ricers sit there in the lot and my ride is sitting in a garage still where I can't show it off icon_confused.gif

See for me it is the exact opposite. In this situation at least. Everyone knows there are gunna be alot of ricers and **** there. Everyone knows that there are gonna be alot of car lovers/modifiers there. What do all these people have? Nice toys in their cars. A thieves paradise. Countless cars to pick to steal from. Knowing odds are everyone one of them has a system in it.

We are going tonight. But my car will not be.
justinwebb

Joined: Sep 15 2004
Posts: 3170
Location: Columbus, OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:38 am

meh i dont care about thieves my stuff is insured even all the mods are insured so if they want it oh well ill get the cash and go buy something new. But good luck trying to start the rx7 hahaha they will need it
thumpinbass134

Joined: Feb 16 2004
Posts: 868
Location: Orland Park (chicago), IL


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:40 am

yea, im goin tonight, cant wait, im actually lookin forward to this one.
kornholio788

Joined: May 02 2005
Posts: 9748
Location: Tosa, WI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:52 am

justinwebb wrote:
meh i dont care about thieves my stuff is insured even all the mods are insured so if they want it oh well ill get the cash and go buy something new. But good luck trying to start the rx7 hahaha they will need it


See it is different for me. Show me a place I can buy custom smoothed and painted door panels? Show me a place I can buy custom made C pillar speakers. Show me a place I can buy my custom made sub box. Or my dash that has countless hours and custom paint on it.

Also my subs and speakers I got a pretty big discounts when I was partially sponsored. And there is no way I could get them at that price again. And the insurance company would only give me what I paid for them.

Not everybody just has bolt ons on their car.
justinwebb

Joined: Sep 15 2004
Posts: 3170
Location: Columbus, OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 am

they would steal yours for the stuff inside mine is stolen for the go fast parts and cause its rare lol...just sucks that i can be into any rx7 within a minute if you know the trick to the cars and doesnt require any tools or breaking anything. My car has far more than just bolt ons
H-Town

Joined: Dec 10 2008
Posts: 1186
Location: Houston, TX


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 am

its got NAAAWWWWWWSSSSSSSS
justinwebb

Joined: Sep 15 2004
Posts: 3170
Location: Columbus, OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:31 am

umm no it doesnt lol
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:43 am

SickWitIt wrote:
Not supporting **** movies anymore.

This is at the top of the "**** List"


THANK YOU!
H-Town

Joined: Dec 10 2008
Posts: 1186
Location: Houston, TX


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 am

well, it should?
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:47 am

kornholio788

Joined: May 02 2005
Posts: 9748
Location: Tosa, WI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Kwonrae wrote:
www.CustomedSmoothedDoorPanels.com

biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif

Well done.
ChevyCaprice9C1

Joined: Jan 18 2008
Posts: 2239
Location: trenton ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:41 pm

i am going to go see it sometime when i get bored, not really high up there on my to do list
A-Ray

Joined: May 01 2005
Posts: 4062
Location: Volunteer State


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm going the week after next on Tuesday. $5 spent will be a good one to spend a couple hours.
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:27 pm

Just saw it...

Loved it to be honest.... I appreciated all the touchbacks to the previous movies.... It was light on the street races, but it makes the movie seem more matured and grown up... The general car chases though were awesome!

It's a tie between this and the first for me...
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:35 pm

I will be downloading it and handing out DVDs of it downtown.
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm sure someone has already beat you to it...
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Tim wrote:
I will be downloading it and handing out DVDs of it downtown.


User posted image
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:53 pm

LOL

I've never seen those posters...

On a side note, it was kinda nice seeing a new movie like this so early in the day... Went to the first screening. Half price, nearly empty theater with only like 4 other people that came alone, 5 or 6 old couples, and a group of like 7 teenage guys... It was obvious they all ditched school to go see the movie lol... As for me, getting out of class at 9 am on MWF is awesome icon_smile.gif
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:58 pm

I skipped work to watch Kill Bill on opening day,and my car got broken into while I was inside.-fml
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Kwonrae wrote:
I skipped work to watch Kill Bill on opening day,and my car got broken into while I was inside.-fml

Ouch! That sucks dude icon_sad.gif
clutch1

Joined: Oct 08 2006
Posts: 1928
Location: around hurr.


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:30 pm

kornholio788 wrote:
clutch1 wrote:
My friend wants me to go see it with her.. but I don't have the Buick out yet.. I have a feeling I'm going to be frothing at the mouth when all the ricers sit there in the lot and my ride is sitting in a garage still where I can't show it off icon_confused.gif

See for me it is the exact opposite. In this situation at least. Everyone knows there are gunna be alot of ricers and **** there. Everyone knows that there are gonna be alot of car lovers/modifiers there. What do all these people have? Nice toys in their cars. A thieves paradise. Countless cars to pick to steal from. Knowing odds are everyone one of them has a system in it.

We are going tonight. But my car will not be.


Tis a very good point! This man's a thinker, it never crossed my mind.

I just talked to my garage guy.. I'm getting my car tonight icon_smile.gif
It's going anyways though.. but without a system or door panels or an aftermarket stereo... unless they want my air management they can't take anything, lol.
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:40 pm

^^ what's different from your sig pic?? The Buick looks good man, even the vents on the fenders aren't that bad.
kornholio788

Joined: May 02 2005
Posts: 9748
Location: Tosa, WI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Kwonrae wrote:
^^ what's different from your sig pic?? The Buick looks good man, even the vents on the fenders aren't that bad.


They come factory!
Moss

Joined: Mar 23 2004
Posts: 6436


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:46 pm

SickWitIt wrote:
Not supporting **** movies anymore.

This is at the top of the "**** List"


That's the point of seeing it. 50 percent of the movies I see are just pure crap, that's entertaining if you know what you are getting into.
clutch1

Joined: Oct 08 2006
Posts: 1928
Location: around hurr.


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Kwonrae wrote:
^^ what's different from your sig pic?? The Buick looks good man, even the vents on the fenders aren't that bad.


The stickers are gone now.. otherwise it looks the same. And thank you icon_smile.gif

Car's sitting in my garage with a fresh rinse to remove all the dust.. and took it for a little cruise. I'm so happy. biglaugh.gif
JSewell

Joined: Mar 22 2009
Posts: 464
Location: Texas Raised


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:40 pm

yehhh just saw it, great tie up to all the unaswered questions from the first, second, and third.

idk how Han came back though, and the movie lacked alot of the tuner aspects like neon lighting and random BOV sounds from nowhere
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Anyone stay until the end of the credits to see if there is a clip at the end??

There was in the first one.
Black DX

Joined: Oct 16 2007
Posts: 1007


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:50 pm

corvettecrazy wrote:
Anyone stay until the end of the credits to see if there is a clip at the end??

There was in the first one.


No clip, I waited, theater emptied out in like 3mins after the credits hit lol...



And just a thought about the thieves, theaters are prime pickings (specially with parking garages) regardless of the movies being played, a car sitting anywhere from 2-4 hours depending (malls more likely to be at them longer) with few people around to notice...


Overal, movie was okay for me, watching them destroy things pointlessly was a bit annoying, I working the trucking industry which makes the first scene a bit hoaky for me but I have to say the one thing I loved was the "illegal mods" comments they kept making. Only in Cali would you have cars listed for "illegal mods" lol.
justinwebb

Joined: Sep 15 2004
Posts: 3170
Location: Columbus, OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 pm

just got back from it i will see it again when its not so busy i hate people. I thought the movie wasnt bad at all but then again i just go for the cars and such not really much else

Had fun in the parking lot afterwards, we went as a group with high dollar cars and all were 10 second cars and we drew quite the crowd. One kid asked if mine was a older model supra i was like WTF learn your cars. A few kids jokingly asked to race i asked how much money they had on them cause race gas isnt cheap. Had a few ricer fly-bys too we all laughed. Made a cruise on the highway and had some random cars follow us and keep trying to get us to race but we didnt lol
Tdawgthegreatest

Joined: Jul 22 2007
Posts: 5093
Location: Florence, Oregon


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:03 am

I liked it.
GlowinPontiac

Joined: Mar 04 2004
Posts: 5959
Location: Central CT


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:08 am

That buick looks sweet. It would look even better if it had a fourth fender vent on each side. Old top of the line buicks were four holers.

As for the movie it looks pretty good. much better than the last one. I'll be waiting with anticipation for the release on WBB as with my work schedule i wont have time to hit the theater!
ethanFBM

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Posts: 466
Location: PHX, AZ


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:46 am

JSewell wrote:

idk how Han came back though


this new one is supposed to be back from before Tokyo Drift on the F&F timeline haha, atleast that what i think
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:11 am

This is how it ties in

The 4th one is 5 years after the first one. So Han went to Tokyo sometime during the 4th. He goes over, dies (sorry, but you should've watched the 3rd by now), Dom shows up at the end of Tokyo Drift and says they were good friends...

It 'works' I guess, but if you noticed, in one of the scenes in the new one, they show a Nissan GTR... If that car was out when they filmed Tokyo Drift, I guarantee it would've been in there somewhere...

Apparently they're already working on the 5th one, I'm interested to see what happens...

And did anyone else think that latina chick was kinda hot? The one that had a thing for Dom? She was pretty cute, minus the 7 foot tall part lol and the strong jawline
clutch1

Joined: Oct 08 2006
Posts: 1928
Location: around hurr.


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:29 am

It was sold out when I went.. :(

I went to Knowing instead.. kind of interesting, but overall the last 1/3 reminded me of "Day the Earth Stood Still" almost exactly.. wtf!

It got out same time as FF4.. I cruised the lot with all the glows on hitting switches. My friends (who I met over the winter, and had never been in my car) were having a great time, it was a really sweet night. I dunno what people thought about it, but it sure turned heads icon_biggrin.gif

It's def the only movie where you can have a good time AFTER it's done, haha.
JSewell

Joined: Mar 22 2009
Posts: 464
Location: Texas Raised


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:53 pm

hyewarrior wrote:


And did anyone else think that latina chick was kinda hot? The one that had a thing for Dom? She was pretty cute, minus the 7 foot tall part lol and the strong jawline



haha yeh for real, but i still gotta put my money on Mia, letty also got alot cuter because she wasn't wearing commando boots and neon red lipstick
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:12 pm

JSewell wrote:
hyewarrior wrote:


And did anyone else think that latina chick was kinda hot? The one that had a thing for Dom? She was pretty cute, minus the 7 foot tall part lol and the strong jawline



haha yeh for real, but i still gotta put my money on Mia, letty also got alot cuter because she wasn't wearing commando boots and neon red lipstick

Lol yea she kinda did... Oh how we love the fashion statements of the late 90's icon_razz.gif
ethanFBM

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Posts: 466
Location: PHX, AZ


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:31 pm

JSewell wrote:
hyewarrior wrote:


And did anyone else think that latina chick was kinda hot? The one that had a thing for Dom? She was pretty cute, minus the 7 foot tall part lol and the strong jawline



haha yeh for real, but i still gotta put my money on Mia, letty also got alot cuter because she wasn't wearing commando boots and neon red lipstick


wooord, i noticed that too
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Just watched and am very pleased with what I saw. Gran Torino, Chevelle, Charger yes yes yes. Only things I didn't like were the stupid GPS screen looked fake as hell, and how come that stupid Subaru car was the car for paul walker??? that car was ***.
ViciousBread

Joined: Aug 31 2008
Posts: 887
Location: G-String Town Arizona


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:30 pm

wtf was up with its *** roof scoop?
A-Ray

Joined: May 01 2005
Posts: 4062
Location: Volunteer State


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:30 pm

For what it was/is, it was a pretty good movie. It wasn't better than the original, but tons better than the other two.

Also, for those discussing Han, right after handing out the money from the first heist, Han says that he hears there is some crazy stuff going on in Tokyo, totally tying the movies together.
ViciousBread

Joined: Aug 31 2008
Posts: 887
Location: G-String Town Arizona


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Kwonrae wrote:
Just watched and am very pleased with what I saw. Gran Torino, Chevelle, Charger yes yes yes. Only things I didn't like were the stupid GPS screen looked fake as hell, and how come that stupid Subaru car was the car for paul walker??? that car was ***.

ive always been wondering, what have you done to your srt-4?
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:46 pm

I was kinda disappointed with the modern cars they used... A Solstice, the uglier version of a Subaru STI, an old BMW M5... Now what they SHOULD have done was give Paul Walker a Nissan GTR or 370Z and give Dom the new Challenger as a second car. The only 2 cars I really liked throughout the movie was Dom's Charger and Mia's NSX puppy_dog_eyes.gif
ViciousBread

Joined: Aug 31 2008
Posts: 887
Location: G-String Town Arizona


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:54 pm

hyewarrior wrote:
I was kinda disappointed with the modern cars they used... A Solstice, the uglier version of a Subaru STI, an old BMW M5... Now what they SHOULD have done was give Paul Walker a Nissan GTR or 370Z and give Dom the new Challenger as a second car. The only 2 cars I really liked throughout the movie was Dom's Charger and Mia's NSX puppy_dog_eyes.gif


you didn't like pauls skyline? i loved the nsx.
i honestly miss the 10 speed eclipse, ad the 15 minutes 1/4 miles.
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:58 pm

ViciousBread wrote:
Kwonrae wrote:
Just watched and am very pleased with what I saw. Gran Torino, Chevelle, Charger yes yes yes. Only things I didn't like were the stupid GPS screen looked fake as hell, and how come that stupid Subaru car was the car for paul walker??? that car was ***.

ive always been wondering, what have you done to your srt-4?


traded it in 2 1/2 years ago for a truck...
ViciousBread

Joined: Aug 31 2008
Posts: 887
Location: G-String Town Arizona


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Kwonrae wrote:
ViciousBread wrote:
Kwonrae wrote:
Just watched and am very pleased with what I saw. Gran Torino, Chevelle, Charger yes yes yes. Only things I didn't like were the stupid GPS screen looked fake as hell, and how come that stupid Subaru car was the car for paul walker??? that car was ***.

ive always been wondering, what have you done to your srt-4?


traded it in 2 1/2 years ago for a truck...


oh haha,
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 pm

ViciousBread wrote:
hyewarrior wrote:
I was kinda disappointed with the modern cars they used... A Solstice, the uglier version of a Subaru STI, an old BMW M5... Now what they SHOULD have done was give Paul Walker a Nissan GTR or 370Z and give Dom the new Challenger as a second car. The only 2 cars I really liked throughout the movie was Dom's Charger and Mia's NSX puppy_dog_eyes.gif


you didn't like pauls skyline? i loved the nsx.
i honestly miss the 10 speed eclipse, ad the 15 minutes 1/4 miles.

I liked the Skyline, but it was in the movie for what, like 4 minutes lol?

Plus we've all seen Paul Walker in a Skyline before... After the scene where the girl was searching cars for him, I thought to myself how badass it would be if he had that red GTR *drools*
ViciousBread

Joined: Aug 31 2008
Posts: 887
Location: G-String Town Arizona


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:08 pm

i know i thought he was gonna pick that, but i guess not.
and now that i think about it, i can see why he didn't.
the cost for making that car as fast as the one he chose would be HUGE, and he would have to gut it which would have hurt even more.
ethanFBM

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Posts: 466
Location: PHX, AZ


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:30 am

paul walker's r34 in this one wasnt a real skyline, it was a Kaizo kit car
i wish i wouldnt have known that, it kinda ruined it a little bit

and also that 09 STI or whatever year it was, was totally stock performance-wise
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:10 am

ethanFBM wrote:
paul walker's r34 in this one wasnt a real skyline, it was a Kaizo kit car
i wish i wouldnt have known that, it kinda ruined it a little bit

and also that 09 STI or whatever year it was, was totally stock performance-wise

Wait so it's just a giant body kit? What kind of car is it really?

And as for the STI, I'm not really surprised, that's already a pretty fast car out of the dealership lol, but I do think it looked like ass in the movie
JSewell

Joined: Mar 22 2009
Posts: 464
Location: Texas Raised


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:47 am

i remember him choosing like 3 cars so that he could make one badass one, but your saying the GTR body was just a kit??
Stompy

Joined: Jan 15 2008
Posts: 178
Location: North MPLS, MN


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:37 am

JSewell

Joined: Mar 22 2009
Posts: 464
Location: Texas Raised


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:40 am

i really want that gauge cluster he has going on , magden
ethanFBM

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Posts: 466
Location: PHX, AZ


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:49 am

yeah i picked up an import tuner from a few issues ago the other day and they had the F&F feature in it and they said it started out as some kind of nissan, nissan chassis. but never said what it was
knatebetz

Joined: Apr 19 2008
Posts: 1504
Location: Nebraska


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:15 pm

idk why you guys are ripping on the fact that paul got the import... when have you ever seen him not in 1 in any of the movies? except for the last part in the movie.

the time placement of the movie confused me for a second at the beginning because of Han.

it was just too much to follow. i could probably go and watch it again pick out a bunch of things that dont make sense at all, but i went to see the movie for the movie, I know it's not going to make much sense. get a life guys, quit focusing so much on the little things.
Toastr

Joined: Mar 09 2005
Posts: 1105
Location: Oak Harbor, WA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Went to see it opening night, mostly because we didn't have anything else to do. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, nowhere near as awful as the previous ones.

As for after-movie entertainment... I have NEVER seen that many kid-imports (as in civics, integras, etc... with drops on cheap wheels or steelies, wings, primer, coffee can exhaust, etc) in one spot at one time. 6-7 rows of parking FULL of 'em. Little outta place in the Jeep, I think I was one of 5 domestics there.

And of course after the movie damn near all of them were revving up their engines, burning out of the parking spots, and running from light to light. Not gonna lie, I ran a couple of them between the lights, beat all of them too... Nothing like hearing some kids bragging about their car only to crush them in a lifted Jeep, heh.
hyewarrior

Joined: Jul 19 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: 30 minutes from Los Angeles


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Lol I can't imagine how many ricers were there opening night... When I went, the only 2 cars I noticed parked next to me for some reason... A grey Evo 9 and a red Civic SI, both of them were pretty heavily modded, but not ricey at all, they looked clean enough to be in the movie lol
justinwebb

Joined: Sep 15 2004
Posts: 3170
Location: Columbus, OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:16 pm

the rx7 was there parked beside an evo and an sti across from us was a vette and 2 SI's

i have found when stupid ricers are behind me i just light up the tires and throw bits of road and rubber on their cars it shuts them up pretty quick.
coolbam

Joined: Nov 05 2008
Posts: 1996
Location: Dayton OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Already got it on DVD. icon_eek.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_cool.gif
justinwebb

Joined: Sep 15 2004
Posts: 3170
Location: Columbus, OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:39 pm

yea with **** audio i saw the copy online yesterday and it was crap IMO...ill wait for the screener
coolbam

Joined: Nov 05 2008
Posts: 1996
Location: Dayton OH


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:40 pm

I thinmk I'll be redownloading it again also lol.
Tdawgthegreatest

Joined: Jul 22 2007
Posts: 5093
Location: Florence, Oregon


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:45 pm

I wanna know where to buy me the Electronic Gauge cluster from the R34
ViciousBread

Joined: Aug 31 2008
Posts: 887
Location: G-String Town Arizona


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Tdawgthegreatest wrote:
I wanna know where to buy me the Electronic Gauge cluster from the R34

you gotta know people that know people, then be part of the FBI and quit three times, and be paul walker.
ethanFBM

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Posts: 466
Location: PHX, AZ


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:05 pm

do you guys think prelude's are ricey in general?
im thinkin about getting one and the exterior is all stock, which i would probably keep, other than a nice set of wheels that look really good in my opinion, nice and simple
i just know that preludes and hondas have a hardcore ricer following, just wanted to get your opinions while i was thinking about it

not saying what you guys think is gonna change my mind though! i still think its sick
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 am
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2