Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Inferno V3 discussion - Page 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:13 pm

bad venge wrote:
alienyoungjr wrote:
one company already tried that, and it backfired on them. look into color-morphics. it was a kit that used one long hook up. they failed cause they sold them only in one foot tubes so you had to daisy chain all of them. you could do better than that, but you will increase parts so the tubes can continue the transmission of data to the next tube.

Wasn't the Colorstorm the same idea ??? 18" tubes all the way around

yep
coolbam

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm

I am interested to know how straight tubes on the sides and front and back would connect to the 2 foot tubes filling the glow gap.

If they are all straight and pluggable.......

v3 extreme and basic is a good idea....
zanson

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 pm

yea the LCD screens u showed are awesome, cheap and display a lot of info. i love them.

also, i can help code if this becomes a project. i code a lot in PHP but also have experiance in VB6 for like 5 years lol... would just need to remember the syntax.

we have some great ideas in here, im sure we can come up with a lot of good ideas, and keep the cost low in the process icon_smile.gif
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:34 pm

coolbam wrote:
I am interested to know how straight tubes on the sides and front and back would connect to the 2 foot tubes filling the glow gap.

If they are all straight and pluggable.......

v3 extreme and basic is a good idea....

A basic idea that I had is basically. (although more complex than just two wires)
is sort of like how we connect our Linear Lights like Piranha Bars and SMD Bars.

It would probably have the same type of connector as the V2 quick disconnects had, or something similar on both ends hopefully.

D A N N Y
zanson

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:36 pm

with the disconnects could we have them as a socket in the tube? cuz i could see the wire from the tube to the connector getting messed up, and then u have to buy a new tube....
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:37 pm

zanson wrote:
with the disconnects could we have them as a socket in the tube? cuz i could see the wire from the tube to the connector getting messed up, and then u have to buy a new tube....

Can you give an example or something I could see that is similar?
zanson

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 pm

something like that...
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:56 pm

He is meaning the tube is self reliant... like you plug INTO the tube rather than the tube having a wire coming out
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:03 pm

thesull wrote:
He is meaning the tube is self reliant... like you plug INTO the tube rather than the tube having a wire coming out

i would not agree. the extra wire helps absorb vibration, and keeps it away from the tube, and the connection itself.
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 pm

RGB LCD display Kris:

thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
thesull wrote:

i would not agree. the extra wire helps absorb vibration, and keeps it away from the tube, and the connection itself.

I can see this as well... good point.
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:16 pm

There ya go Sull, RGB FTW!
KrzysD

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:31 pm

Casted Polycarbonate tube so there aren't any lines in the glow that is directed towards the ground.

Example:
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:37 pm

That's harsh cutoff on your side tubes man.
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm

KrzysD wrote:
Casted Polycarbonate tube so there aren't any lines in the glow that is directed towards the ground.

I remember the V1 used to have lines and such but was fixed on the next batch

D A N N Y
clutch1

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 pm

O yea, you can see them for sure on the front tube, very obviously.
Focal Fury

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:16 am

OK So here is V.01 of the V3 biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif

2 Kits
Basic and Extreme
Basic is still being worked on
Please remember this is a rough draft and certain components may not be cost effective and in no way is this representative of the final product

EXTREME
TUBES
4 Tubes just like basic
* Each tube has a male USB 2.0 Mini connector on one side and a female on the opposite.
* 4 to 6 inches of wire extending from each end of tube.
* Fully sealed and waterproofed.
4 Wheel Well Tubes
*Flexible
*2 Feet long
* Each tube has a male USB 2.0 Mini connector on one side and a female on the opposite.
* 4 to 6 inches of wire extending from each end of tube.

1 ECU with 4 zones
*Fully Customizable via computer ...more details need to be figured out
*Standard modes and patterns pre-programmed
*Create your own patterns via Open Source program

1 RGB Color LCD Display Screen
*RGB Display to show actual color that is happening in UB Kit

8 extension cables
***4 Short Cables to go from wheel well Kit to Main Tubes on the side allowing the left wheel well tubes and the Left main tube to be connected in one strand. Same for the right.
***4 Long Cables
*****2 to go from ends of wheel well kit to ECU
*****2 to go from front and rear tubes to ECU
* Extension cables will be used now to eliminate having to cut or splice wires.

LED's
*4-5 chip 5mm LED's
*50 degree viewing angle
*Twice the LED's as the V2...or just a bunch LOL

DISCUSS

D A N N Y

Last edited by Focal Fury on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total
alienyoungjr

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:28 am

Kris wrote:
LED's
*4 chip LED's (SuperFlux or 5/10mm)
*120 Degree Wide Vewing angle

I thought the 120 degree viewing was eliminated due to the lose of pattern clarity on high height clearance type vehicle.

I suggest using 5mm, but have three mounted in a wide spread. It will increase the width sidways, but won't expand so far into the enext pixel.

One LED aimed straight down, and two on each side of that aimed 45 degrees from the straight one.

Or just stick with 4-5 chip 5mm for added brightness, but not lose in pattern clarity.
Tim

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:03 am

alienyoungjr wrote:
Kris wrote:
LED's

I thought the 120 degree viewing was eliminated due to the lose of pattern clarity on high height clearance type vehicle.

I suggest using 5mm, but have three mounted in a wide spread. It will increase the width sidways, but won't expand so far into the enext pixel.

One LED aimed straight down, and two on each side of that aimed 45 degrees from the straight one.

Or just stick with 4-5 chip 5mm for added brightness, but not lose in pattern clarity.

I think I suggested something like this a while back for the V2 discussion. Have a set of three of these, RGB.

byte

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 am

alienyoungjr wrote:
thesull wrote:

...and the short wire makes the tubes able to be used as nun-chucka if needed!
orangesuburban

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:09 am

on the wheel well tubes, have them have a longer cable so we dont need an extension cable to plug them into the side tubes. like a 2ft cable so it will make it to the side tube... the less connections the better. IMO.
Focal Fury

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:56 am

alienyoungjr wrote:
Kris wrote:
LED's

I agree with you and Phil agreed that the superflux wouldn't be as effective as a 5mm LED.
I think it is safe to say we won't use Superflux as the viewing angle wont give the crispness we are looking for
thanks for the comments everyone
D A N N Y
eric-s

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:28 am

Ok so I've been reading several remarks in this thread about using a usb stick to connect to the computer to upload patterns to the kit. I mentioned a while back about the thought of a wireless underglow kit. Well this integration could be perfect if you could create the underglow kit wirelessly via usb and when you want a more custom feel to the kit, take the stick out of the ecu and upload it to the computer, dazzle yourself with how you want the unique glow effect to look and pop the usb back in the ecu and watch what u create, I know its more complex than this but if someone has some feedback to this, please let me know.
Focal Fury

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:43 pm

eric-s wrote:
Ok so I've been reading several remarks in this thread about using a usb stick to connect to the computer to upload patterns to the kit. I mentioned a while back about the thought of a wireless underglow kit. Well this integration could be perfect if you could create the underglow kit wirelessly via usb and when you want a more custom feel to the kit, take the stick out of the ecu and upload it to the computer, dazzle yourself with how you want the unique glow effect to look and pop the usb back in the ecu and watch what u create, I know its more complex than this but if someone has some feedback to this, please let me know.

Its a good idea but wireless has the capability of failing or being more troublesome
also the cost would get a little to high.

Wireless is obviously great when you CAN'T wire something. This is not the case and would only make the Kit's price increase.

Thank you for the suggestion icon_smile.gif

D A N N Y
Kris

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Update: There will be (1) bodykit, and it's all Focalfury's realm now. biglaugh.gif
Tim

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:12 pm

a bodykit? Or an underbody kit?
eric-s

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:28 pm

But danny think about the profit if someone could install something twice as easy and not spending hours to drill holes to run wires, the easier something is to use, the more the product will sell ;)
Kris

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Tim wrote:

You know what I mean. Keep tossing around and your bandwidth will be dropped to 50MB.
Air Ninja

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:15 pm

I like the ideas for the V3, but one of my concerns is cost. Approximately how much would this underbody kit run?
Tim

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Kris wrote:
Tim wrote:

You know what I mean. Keep tossing around and your bandwidth will be dropped to 50MB.

Bahaha, come on. I kid, I kid. icon_lol.gif
coolbam

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Lets talk price.

If this thing brings me ease of use and w/e. Then i'd be willing to go up to $500 - 650 bucks for one.
Focal Fury

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:30 am

coolbam wrote:
Lets talk price.

If this thing brings me ease of use and w/e. Then i'd be willing to go up to $500 - 650 bucks for one.

While I have no idea what this is going to cost honestly...haven't sourced parts or even thought about that yet.
I wouldn't want this to be 600 I think thats high
Hopefully we can keep this kit around 500 it all just depends on the components/features honestly.
Still looking into the viability of just an upgraded type V2 that is basic and affordable for the casual glower.
We'll see

Thanks all
eric-s

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Ok so I already had this in another thread but was suggested to put it here:

What if you could take charge of your underglow kit completely, there would be no way to select a tube onthe kit and have it where u could be given the freedom to customize a specific section of each tube or each tube alone? Like for example in a million colored kit, such as inferno or iceled, you could link a selection mode to the million colored mode to allow you to change colors/shades of certain sections or the whole tube , just an idea ;)
coolbam

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 pm

There was an editing mode with the v2. I never got into it though.
eric-s

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Yes but there were bugs with the v2 so I heard anyways
Focal Fury

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:34 pm

eric-s wrote:
Ok so I already had this in another thread but was suggested to put it here:

What if you could take charge of your underglow kit completely, there would be no way to select a tube onthe kit and have it where u could be given the freedom to customize a specific section of each tube or each tube alone? Like for example in a million colored kit, such as inferno or iceled, you could link a selection mode to the million colored mode to allow you to change colors/shades of certain sections or the whole tube , just an idea ;)

Im confused...what are you asking can you rephrase
eric-s

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Sure focal, what I would like to be able to to do, me personally, I want an underglow where I can have rainbow on all sides but it seems the only way to do that is either have it preset in the settings or do what im talking about
[ooo ooo ooo ooo] <-represents underglow tube if u could control a section of the leds to make whatever kind of crazy gradient you wanted you could, that's basically my suggestion or being able to control one tube at a time, and if being able to control one tube at a time if not able to control a section of leds via [ooo] then have hundereds or thousands of preset gradients you could choose for that tube
NEUROMODS

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:11 am

Why not go all out? Be the first to offer a voice activated kit? One thing I don't like is driving trying to use a remote when I wanna change the color. I know some will say, stop the car and change it or wait till a red light. But we all know we do it at times while driving. Why not have it respond to your voice? Say red, it goes on a solid red color. Say "my custom" it goes on a pattern you programmed in with your PC. You can control the kit and what you wanna say, to do what you want. That would be high tech and cool.
This would also be good as a fast kill switch, simply say off and it all goe's off fast.
One problem this may face is music may activate it. But you could also have a remote to disable voice and just use the remote. It would be pretty cool to walk up to your car in a parking lot, say ON and the kit lights up and it only reconizes your voice.
Tim

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 am

You shouldn't be driving with your kit on in the first place icon_wink.gif
coolbam

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Driving with it on is the best time.
04yellowf150

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:14 pm

strobe effect
alot more expansion( i.e- those with trucks)
a flexable version of the "tube" that can still hook to the ecu
scanner option
sd card or usb option for total customization

thats all i can think of right now
NEUROMODS

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm in Japan, so not a problem. Some police care, most really don't. It's supposed to be illegal here but police don't force it because many younger kids have some kinda weird flashing lights on their cars. I never been pulled over for it.

Anyways, I just think normal remote kits have been out for years. It's kinda an old technology. Voice activated or something else would be cool.
Cooper

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 pm

I saw this topic and just wanted to weigh in.. forgive me for not reading the already overwhelmingly long list of previous replies . icon_biggrin.gif

The Inferno and v2 are solid products, there is no need to invest in the design and commit to a manufacturing run of a brand new product just to tweak some minor design issues with these kits . If you're going to build a v3, KILL ICELED . The fact that Ice is in any way a superior product to the v2 is ridiculous considering how long its been on the market and how long ago it was designed . I know the cost is much higher . Fine . Put out a more expensive v3 . You don't need to pace the cost of the v2; you already have a solid product in that price point . ICELED isn't ahead of you in functionality, displays, tube quality, LED brightness.. the only thing they're still rocking is the quality of the microcontroller, and I can't imagine this single piece will add hundreds of dollars to each unit . Focus on the controller functionality, expandability, and microcontroller quality, and you'll have a product that will dominate the competition .

Also, to say that you folks at Oz have better customer service then ICE is a laughable understatement to anyone who's dealt with both companies . You're definitely at the top of the market where that's concerned . icon_biggrin.gif
alkatmsu

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:14 am

I've skimmed through the thread, and am going to offer a few suggestions of my own based on what I've been reading (keep in mind I have never owned a UB kit, so my suggestions may be meaningless).

The first post mentioned making a v3 barebones kit. I think that's a bad idea. If your version numbers are going up, so should the featureset. With all the complaints about the older models, perhaps a retool of all of them should be planned, if not right away, then long-term.

V1: Single color,no patterns, remote is an on/off button only, no display.
V2: Seven color, static/color change patterns only, slightly better remote & display
V3: Million color ICE killer

Possibly name the V1.1, 2.1, etc, to differentiate from the original kits to the renamed, upgraded ones. The V2 and V3 could even share the same tubes, with different ECUs, that way if someone buys a V2 and wants to upgrade later on, they can just buy the V3 ECU instead of a whole new kit. The V1 should be a super cheap kit and I don't know if it'd be more cost effective to still use the multi-color tubes with it, but if it is, do it! It'd save a lot on warehouse space, inventory, etc, to have all the Oz brand kits using the same tubes/connections.

As far as the V3, my one suggestion is this: if there's going to be software for it, with USB/bluetooth hookups, etc, there needs to be a way for the users to share their patterns with other users on the fly. I'm picturing a group of people with this kit. Person 1 has an awesome custom pattern that people 2-4 love. They can pass around a USB drive or memory card and get person 1's pattern on their kits. OR, if the kits are going to be bluetooth enabled anyway, maybe figure out some way that kits across multiple cars can be shared AND synchronized. That would turn heads at a car show!
NEUROMODS

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:39 pm

Why not have them be able to share the patterns right here on this website. Users login, see a video or pictures of another users pattern and can download it to use on their kit. Would be great and the first ever!
alkatmsu

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:19 pm

That would be awesome, and would certainly ensure that the website/forum gets more hits.
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:24 pm

update?
Focal Fury

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:29 am

NEUROMODS wrote:
Why not have them be able to share the patterns right here on this website. Users login, see a video or pictures of another users pattern and can download it to use on their kit. Would be great and the first ever!

this is what ive had in mind
if it all goes to plan
we have a sperate section on teh forum for V3 discussion...sharing of patterns...help programing etc etc
NEUROMODS

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:43 am

Yep, I was thinking of that and would be cool to see what kinda patterns users can come up with. Total control over your underbody kit and share your patterns to others.

Something else I would love to see is a scanner, knight rider style. So you could control each tube to scan the color you want with a trailing effect.
Kingandsons07

Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:42 am

this sounds great hope it works out
Highland J

Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Lovin the ideas! Gunna have to buy one in like 5 yrs when its built
Blazin'88Buick

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:25 pm

I don't know about anyone else but what I would like to see is a multiple color underbody like with RGB plus some of the LEDs should be White. Also the whole kit should use tightly spaced Superflux LEDs for extreme brightness. I don't know if this post will help the development of a new kit but I thought it was worth my two cents. Thanks Phil and the whole Oznium team.
bryanw0087

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:16 am

i see you running into countless problems with an "endless glow" kit, it would also be cool if when you create a kit as good as ICELED or even superior that the price isnt 900 but stays low and affordable (as possible) therefore getting alot more buyers... would also be cool if somehow you made extension kits, such as making it somehow that the v1 or v2 that you already have can connect into the new ecu so you wouldnt have to buy a whole new kit if you still have one that works just fine.

as for the oznium staff i have to say i had a few things go wrong with my kit, but they shipped me replacement parts fast and at no cost so it definately still makes me feel like they care about the little guy!

a remote that you dont have to stand 3 feet away to change what the car is doing. i like the computer program idea, or at least make it soo you can set each individual tube to what ever colors you want. say you want one tube blue and red, one tube green and pink, one tube orange and white , and one just yellow... or anything similar to that, where you can se the tubes to whatever color /colors you want and any combination there of, brighter is always better and more patterns / strobe effects also are a must. while also considering the cost of the kit stays down. with the economy and also these kits appeal more to the younger crowd its important they dont break the bank! or be completely unaffordable try to stay below 400 if possible.. also make it so you could have multiple colors at a time on constant, while having other multiple colors chasing around, (instead of having red glow and green going in the chase patter around being able to program so there could be red green and blue on constant and orange white and yellow that go around as a pattern) and make it so you can customize all those colors as well to what you want.
NEUROMODS

Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:23 pm

How is this project coming along?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Nothing happening right now
NEUROMODS

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Ahh, gonna take a couple of years hmm?
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:08 pm

yeah 3, 4 tops
pgiordano

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:27 pm

kramer13 wrote:
yeah 3, 4 tops

weeks or years?...lol
Tim

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Years
NEUROMODS

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:39 am

That sucks, but I can live with my Inferno V2 till then!
Focal Fury

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Phil wrote:
Nothing happening right now

PAY no attention to the man behind the curtain

things are developing
nothing concrete but ideas and protocols and figuring out how it can be accomplished
gathering components necessary icon_smile.gif
Phoenix

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Seal the tubes. Condensation seemed to be an issue with some of the V2 tubes.
eric-s

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:44 pm

so ive been doin more research on expandability for multi color glow kits and found 1 similar to features suggested. its called the ledglows advanced 3millioncolor usb underglow kit found at ledunderbody.com. in looks to comparing to the iceled you have longer wire [19ft], u can control each tube at once, iceled only spreads 70degrees while this kit spreads 270degrees with 610 leds and retails for half the price of the iceled ufo kit including the led advanced 3million color usb wheel well kit. maybe design the v3 around these specs?
Black DX

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 am

180* is a half circle so some how their kit with 270* does a 3/4 ciricle?... I've looked at the ledunderbody kits before and even figured on being a guinea pig and reporting on them ( I like the USB idea) but if you miss that lil marketing b-s than you've missed the point of everything and this post. 270* is probably the viewing angle of the color group (red, green and blue) added together (since ledunderbody isn't using superflux chips) so if equal they're each viewing angle is 90* which isn't far from what ICELED is using. Also more led's is good but having a controller that can work them is better, it's the controller that will make the difference between blocky color zones and smooth ones...

The V1 and V2 as well as ICELED's have the main ECU transmitting data to each tube so it's not a new idea for Oz. ICELED and the inferno V2 use 3 wire systems (pos, neg and data) which can be extended almost for ever to a point, now the V1 is limited in length by it's connectors the same as the USB cables but they're both using standard type connectors that wouldn't be hard to add extension cables to...

This post is filled with people commenting on ideas and such, the idea for V3 is to improve on the V2 and it's weaknesses...
eric-s

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:02 am

right black i couldnt agree more but thats the first usb kit ive found available and i was hoping oznium could come out with a usb superflux million color kit while maintaining and improving features from the v2 for the v3 btw ledglow kits come with key chain remotes *hint hint*
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:47 am

update?
Kingandsons07

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 pm

yeah is this coming out soon?
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Kingandsons07 wrote:
yeah is this coming out soon?

Not even.
bad venge

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Soon as they , design , build ,prototype , redesign , reprototype, fix bugs and then send out to be produced.... maybe next week icon_rolleyes.gif
Kingandsons07

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:41 pm

lol its just be nice to get an eta on it
09MitsuLancer

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:23 pm

just to be on the safe side i would say around by the year 2165 it should be out! Hopefully i'm safe in assuming that.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:05 am

Appreciate all the interest guys.

Unfortunately no active plans to build it now.

I don't think the market can support a high end underbody kit like this.

Locking thread for now.
The time now is Mon May 21, 2018 11:09 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2