Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

LED suggestions

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:06 am

I'm trying to give my interior a better look but am not sure as to what to put into it. I dont want to be so full of leds its justp lain cheesy but just some nice accents.

:I have lights in my footwells
:I plan on putting lights under the driver and passanger seats so that there is light emminating to the back passangers.
:I plan on putting a single superflux in the side pockets of the door
:I an comsidering putting a single led behind the grid part of my speaker panel
: I have no lighting for the back though, it remains dismally dark.
I have 4 cup holders back there but i dont want to put leds in them since it looks tacky
So does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do in the back part of my car? it as to be something i can have on while driving so no underglow kits or whatever.
alkatmsu

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:43 am

Floor, door pockets, speaker grilles... I can't think of anything else that'd be able to have on while driving. I would suggest a dome light unit, but that can't be on while driving. Maybe try to light up the door handles, or change the color of your window/lock switches? I don't know how your car looks so I'm not much help...
bad venge

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:15 am

Non driving lights you can put a bar across the upper rear window to shine down fron the roof line , same for side windows
pgiordano

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:56 am

air vent lights look nice... possibly changing the color of your gauges
byte

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:33 am

In my dome light, I wired 4 superflux to the switch for the map lights. I leave these on while driving and they light up the back seat of the truck just right. The dome light only turns on with the door switch.

V.1.0
User posted image

V1.1 (one switch controls 4 superflux--other switch turns on the white dome light, red dome comes on with door switch.
bambicelica

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:44 am

I already have a blue dome light of superfluxes. I tried the vent but i couldnt figure out how to properly reach the vent to put the hole in for the led so i gave up on that until i somehow figure it out. One thing though, i cant seem to find a picture of what light shinning through a speaker grill looks like to see if its even worth it or if i need mroe leds for it, anyone link?
Oh, and i already have a switch installed with a junction box so killing the lights are no problem.
bad venge

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:58 am

User posted image

I have red and white LED's in my speaker grill
byte

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:49 am

bad venge wrote:
User posted image

I have red and white LED's in my speaker grill

Do you have any pictures of installing leds in speaker grills. That is something I have not seen either.
bad venge

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:09 pm

I drilled holes around the perimeter and siliconed them in ... I have the whites opposite each other and the reds opposite ... I have a music interface and they flash red/white with the music
bambicelica

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Nice interior man. But yeah, anyway to see just the light coming out of the grill? i want to see how minimal the light output is so i can better determine how many leds to put in. BTW, can you show me a shot of the back of the car interior? so from the driver seat onwards?
bad venge

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:30 pm

User posted image

You can see the rear glow here
I don't have any pictures handy of just the speaker grills ...
Look up a post ohio meet there might be some there
Highland J

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:03 pm

What im doing so far with prewired superflux leds:
8 Green inside cupholders
2 Blue/Green/Red For both headlights
2 Blue for Foglights
4 Blue for Door pockets

I have 4 UV- BLACKLIGHT prewired led's what do you guys think would be the best spot for them so i can get the "best" glow out of them inside the car?
I was thinking ac vents or something
bad venge

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Black light is BEST illuminating something WHITE my buddy has his carpeted matts with white embroidery and they light up crazy under the uv
bad venge

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:32 pm

bambicelica wrote:
But yeah, anyway to see just the light coming out of the grill? i

User posted image
Highland J

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 pm

bad venge wrote:
Black light is BEST illuminating something WHITE my buddy has his carpeted matts with white embroidery and they light up crazy under the uv

My interior is all tan icon_sad.gif Where could i put it to best shine throughout the front seats especially on the people without them being like IN THEIR FACE haha
byte

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:32 pm

bad venge wrote:
bambicelica wrote:
But yeah, anyway to see just the light coming out of the grill? i

User posted image

Thanks for the picture, I was wondering how to hide the wires, but I was thinking the led(s) were in the center of the grill.
Very nice glow you have through out your car!
Tat2Dragons

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:47 pm

bambicelica wrote:
I have 4 cup holders back there but i dont want to put leds in them since it looks tacky

Hey Mr. cupholder lights can be done tastefully. icon_smile.gif

Here's mine. icon_cool.gif
bambicelica

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Tat, how did you manage to do thsoe cup holders like that? the only ones i have ever seen were just an led with a huge glow that looked like a flashlight unless you put a water in it.
Highland J

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:00 pm

^^ True dat? Thats why all 6 of my cupholder led's are going to be on a switch board with other light so i can turn them on when beverage available...and off when not icon_biggrin.gif
Tat2Dragons

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:38 am

bambicelica wrote:
Tat, how did you manage to do thsoe cup holders like that? the only ones i have ever seen were just an led with a huge glow that looked like a flashlight unless you put a water in it.

I hid my l.e.d.s underneath those three little rubber tabs in my cupholders. I used three 5mm l.e.d.s in each cupholder.Also,I sanded the tips of the l.e.d.s flat to spread out the glow. icon_cool.gif
bambicelica

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 am

Rubber tabs, you mean like the grippy part at the bottom i assume? So, you drilled a hole at teh bottom, sanded them to be flat, placed them, and then put teh rubber part back ontop of it? What about superfluxes, think two per would be allright?

And BAdvenge, how did you hook up the leds in the door panel? did you use a junction box or how did you facilitate that with a led in a door pocket as well?
bad venge

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:00 am

I used the prewired led's with the resistors built in and ran wire from point to point and connected the led's , in the one picture where you see the door pockets is the switch I installed to turn them on/off , fed that with the power windows thru a fuse
Tat2Dragons

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:51 pm

bambicelica wrote:
Rubber tabs, you mean like the grippy part at the bottom i assume? So, you drilled a hole at teh bottom, sanded them to be flat, placed them, and then put teh rubber part back ontop of it? What about superfluxes, think two per would be allright?

NO,NO,NO silly lol icon_smile.gif If you look close you will see that my cupholders have three little rubber tabs that are around the inside edge of the cup holder. I installed my l.e.d.s underneath of those,so they are actually hidden by those rubber tabs. icon_cool.gif
bambicelica

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:56 am

Damn, mine has no such tabs, cuuuuuuurses! Guess thats out of the picuture then.
bad venge

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:58 am

There's ways around that icon_wink.gif Install some black weatherstripping around and put the LED's underneath that ...
bambicelica

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Wait, is there a picture of what you suggest, venge? im very visual so i need to see it. Also, if youd like to explain how to do that then id appreciate that as well. Keep in mind, this is the first time i have ever heard of the word weather stripping so im looking it up as well.
Tat2Dragons

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:06 pm

bad venge wrote:
There's ways around that icon_wink.gif Install some black weatherstripping around and put the LED's underneath that ...

Yeah that works great too,you can find various sizes at the Home Depot and Lowes. icon_smile.gif
bambicelica

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 am

Is there a pic that anyone has demonstrating this? like a final product?
bad venge

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:24 pm

I tried to take a picture but it doesn't show up well as it's black weatherstripping against a black cupholder
bambicelica

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Well, i look up weatehrstripping and all isee is this thick flattened rubber tube looking thing. So, how did you do it venge? maybe a quick explanation so ican better visualize it?
Tat2Dragons

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:50 am

If you go to the Home Depot,Lowes,or any hardware store they will have a section with various styles and sizes of weather stripping. You would need to get the black foam style,probably 1/4" or so. Then to install them,just clean the inside of your cup holders with some alcohol and attach the weather stripping around the inside perimeter,then simply install your l.e.d.s underneath the weather stripping. icon_cool.gif
bambicelica

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 am

Ill go look at it later today. So i isntall the weathestripping like half an inch above the bottom so hte led fits or how does that work out?
bad venge

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Mine was about 1" wide and1/4" thick I installed it tree sides as the back side has a set of fold out holders ... I notched the weatherstripping in three spots to mount the leds in the bottom of the wetherstripping
The time now is Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:25 pm
Page 1 of 1