Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Eyelids + LEDs in headlights

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Haven't posted in a while... had a little free time the last two days so I did a little work on my headlights. I've had a set of ebay eyelids sitting on my desk for around 5months now so I finally got some paint and painted/clear'd them yesterday and installed them today. I also had some blue leds laying around from my old car so I took the opportunity to install them also. The blue LEDs make the factory HIDs look like 10000ks, pretty cool looking at night.

A lil blurry, it was getting dark. icon_cry.gif

Blue LEDs

My next lighting mod will be an inferno kit, Looking forward to some white underbody lights. icon_smile.gif

Last edited by neox on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total
Kindschi

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Looks good, maybe get a better daytime shoot tomorrow, up close icon_smile.gif
neox

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:53 pm

There, added two more closer. I need to take a photography class or something because my lighting pictures almost always turn out like crap. icon_sad.gif
Kindschi

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Last pic is what I was looking for, looks like it lines up pretty good.

Nice car btw.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Was thinking of creating a new product for the Z: vertical bumper inserts with like 5 high powered LEDs and a lens around each, to project straight out in front of the car.
pgiordano

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:24 pm

love your car... do u have any interior lighting or other mods... didnt see any pics of the inside in your gallery
bad venge

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:58 pm

User posted image

Phil like these ???
neox

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:16 am

Phil wrote:
Was thinking of creating a new product for the Z: vertical bumper inserts with like 5 high powered LEDs and a lens around each, to project straight out in front of the car.

Where would the bumper inserts go? The reflectors are aimed out towards the side so it wouldnt be projecting forwards (but would still be cool).. Unfortunately the 2003-2005 Z's have a slightly differently shaped reflector than the 2006-2009 Zs so that might complicate production.

pgiordano wrote:
love your car... do u have any interior lighting or other mods... didnt see any pics of the inside in your gallery

No interior lighting yet, had a bunch in my old car but none in the Z. Next paycheck I'll be ordering some cool white ribbon LED strips for the interior footwells. I can't decide if I'm going to need 4 (2 under dash, and 2 under seats), or if it would look alright with just one under the dash on each side.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:50 am

We'd create the plastic lense/housing so that it sits flush with the curve of the bumper, and then have the LEDs point out/forward. But yea, I'm not sure if theres enough a market to justify production. Would have to sell at least 200 to 300 at about $50 a set. Would mostly likely have to get 100 people to pre-pay.
pgiordano

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am

neox wrote:
Phil wrote:

Where would the bumper inserts go? The reflectors are aimed out towards the side so it wouldnt be projecting forwards (but would still be cool).. Unfortunately the 2003-2005 Z's have a slightly differently shaped reflector than the 2006-2009 Zs so that might complicate production.

pgiordano wrote:

No interior lighting yet, had a bunch in my old car but none in the Z. Next paycheck I'll be ordering some cool white ribbon LED strips for the interior footwells. I can't decide if I'm going to need 4 (2 under dash, and 2 under seats), or if it would look alright with just one under the dash on each side.

i have 4 white flexable led strips in my ranger and i love how bright it is... if u go with 2 you will just want more
Tat2Dragons

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Looks great. icon_cool.gif
knatebetz

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:26 pm

eyelids would be a good way to hide a whole strip of leds...
pgiordano

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:21 am

i think this would be a cool addition to your 350... it would match the led strips perfectly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-06-07-N...arQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
H-Town

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Phil wrote:

you should think about doing something like that for 08+ xB icon_smile.gif
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm
Page 1 of 1