Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

question about 12v AGM sealed battery

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:35 am

I have a couple of the Werker WKA12-7.5F sealed AGM batteries (12v 7.5Ah AGM) that still have a small charge. These were taken out of the elevator in my house and replaced with a new one but from my understanding, these can be easily recharged. Is that correct? I have a 2amp trickle charger that should do the trick, but just need to verify for my own piece of mind, so I don't blow up the garage...again...err...LOL
Golfer

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:53 am

you have an elevator in your house?
bad venge

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:11 am

I THINK those are emergency light batteries and they "can" be recharged but might have been replaced for not holding a charge
FooFoo502

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:37 am

yeah..wasn't actually looking for a house with one, but just so happened that it was one of the upgrade perks that the builder put in. My parents and in-laws visit a lot and they are getting on up there, so it's a huge help with getting their bulbous asses up into the guest area.
Also, it helps that God must have thought he owed me one for having put up with so much pure s**t in my 15+ years as a cop, because for some reason, I married way above my pay grade. She's a beautiful redhead, with an MBA and for some unknown reason, she's been head over heels in love with me since she was 13..LOL. I helped put her through college and now she is now a senior district manager for a top pharma company...they take very good care of her..thus the elevator house on the canal on Sarasota bay and the beach on the other side of the road. Not too bad for a cop if I must say so....grin
byte

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:32 am

http://www.replacementupsbattery.com/werker_sla_replacementupsbattery.pdf

Same type of battery used in UPS. I would charge it with a trickle charger. Check on it every couple of hours for heat and bad smell! Dont leave it charge more than a day or so. Charging batteries produces explosive gas (Hydrogen)
FooFoo502

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:41 am

cool...thanks byte
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 pm
Page 1 of 1