Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

2005 350Z Low-Beam 8000k HID Install

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:08 am

Hi All,
After installing my V1 into my car (see here: https://www.oznium.com/forum/topic22186)
I am going to keep the upgrades going on this car. Next up is the install of new lights / led parking lights.
Sorry for the **** pics, was taken with my Iphone 2G

^ My Z before the install
^ Slim ballast mounted
Inverter mounted TAKE NOTE of the red / black wire going into the stock plug. Be, don't be stupid and think the plug on the end of the bulb is to plugin into your stock plug. It's not, it goes into the ballast.

^ DO NOT DO THAT. I was stupid, and cut the washer off before i realized the Z has the headlight sealed by the grey housing.
^ Drilled hole for the washer so the wires can pass through.
^ You need to drill into the plastic grey housing that is used to seal the back of headlights. Install the washer that came on the bulb like so
^ HID system installed on the drivers side
^ HID 8000k powered up vs the stock (on the left)
^ Another shot
^ HID 8000K vs Halogen
^ Another compare shot
^ LED Parking light
^ How 8000K HID's (Slim Ballast) look at night
^ Another night shot
^ Shot showing the wonderful spread!
And that's all for now! Hope you like my new 8000K HID's with new LED parking lights!
Ryan88

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:35 pm

beautiful!
SickWitIt

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Can't see anything.

Pictures are too small.

icon_neutral.gif
neox

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm surprised your 350 didn't come with HIDs, is it an 03 base model? The 8000ks are lookin nice, I thought about changing my bulbs to 8, or 10k but the factory HIDs are good enough for me right now.
DeAtH07

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:46 pm

SickWitIt wrote:
Can't see anything.

Pictures are too small.

icon_neutral.gif

Click on the picture has been re-sized link on the top of the pic :)

neox wrote:
I'm surprised your 350 didn't come with HIDs, is it an 03 base model? The 8000ks are lookin nice, I thought about changing my bulbs to 8, or 10k but the factory HIDs are good enough for me right now.

It's an 05 base model, yeah I bought it used icon_sad.gif and thanks! I love the look of the 8000's at night
Moss

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:37 am

I'm looking for some animal crackers and zip-loc bags you got 'em?
DeAtH07

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:10 am

Yes.
robbie

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Factory HID's > Aftermarket HID's IMO. Looks cool though.
neox

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 am

robbie wrote:

At least all models of the 350z come with projector headlights, so he's not blinding anybody with glare. I bet his look close to factory in person.
Radioflyer

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Official request for wall shots at 15-20'
nox1s

Post Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:48 pm

neox wrote:
robbie wrote:

At least all models of the 350z come with projector headlights, so he's not blinding anybody with glare. I bet his look close to factory in person.

...except he is.

look at the wall shot from kinda far away. he has no cutoff.

there's more to HID's then projector vs reflector, and there's more to HID's then sticking the ballast bulb in the projector housing and calling it a day. although, it is better then putting them in the reflector i'll give him that. he's still clueless.

8000k is stupid, useless, and with his setup he's doing more harm then good. 4300k is pure white light and will give you the most output, which after all, is what HID's are for.

do you know why cars with factory HID's have a "blueish" tint to them? because of the sharp cutoff they use. this cuts off a certain height of the light so it doesn't blind oncoming drivers & drivers in front of you..

i'm really talking to myself here, but it **** me off when i see so many people put HID's into their reflectors or **** projector setup.
Radioflyer

Post Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:03 pm

nox1s wrote:

there's more to HID's then projector vs reflector, and there's more to HID's then sticking the ballast bulb in the projector housing and calling it a day. although, it is better then putting them in the reflector i'll give him that. he's still clueless.

8000k is stupid, useless, and with his setup he's doing more harm then good. 4300k is pure white light and will give you the most output, which after all, is what HID's are for.

do you know why cars with factory HID's have a "blueish" tint to them? because of the sharp cutoff they use. this cuts off a certain height of the light so it doesn't blind oncoming drivers & drivers in front of you..

i'm really talking to myself here, but it **** me off when i see so many people put HID's into their reflectors or **** projector setup.

Partially correct. Each projector style has a unique optics setup. Some react better to HID retrofits than others. For instance: Hella's E55 halogen projector has virtually the same optics as the Xenon E55. Therefore a H7 rebased bulb in the halogen projector will have a very similar pattern and intensity as a D2S in a E55 xenon. I don't have any experience with the 350Z projectors so i can't be certain how well they react. If the pattern is off, bulb and shield spacing can help sharpen the pattern and intensity.

I requested wall shots at 15-20' because even an Acura TL headlight has a crappy looking pattern at less than 5' The ideal focal point of a shrp cutoff is in the 15-20' range as this range is where oncoming traffic is most likely to be blinded.

The blue tint to OEM projectors is cause by the light bending around the edges of the cutoff shield. The prism effect usually shows a blueish to purple hue at the top of the cutoff pattern but can also show the complete rainbow spectrum in some projectors.

As far as color goes, 8000K 35 HID kits put out about 2900 lumens of light compared to 3200 lumens of a 4300K 35w bulb. Granted i prefer a whiter light but some people's eyes are more attuned to blue than white. Anything over 8000K and your output does really start to suffer
Ryan88

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Radioflyer wrote:
nox1s wrote:

Partially correct. Each projector style has a unique optics setup. Some react better to HID retrofits than others. For instance: Hella's E55 halogen projector has virtually the same optics as the Xenon E55. Therefore a H7 rebased bulb in the halogen projector will have a very similar pattern and intensity as a D2S in a E55 xenon. I don't have any experience with the 350Z projectors so i can't be certain how well they react. If the pattern is off, bulb and shield spacing can help sharpen the pattern and intensity.

I requested wall shots at 15-20' because even an Acura TL headlight has a crappy looking pattern at less than 5' The ideal focal point of a shrp cutoff is in the 15-20' range as this range is where oncoming traffic is most likely to be blinded.

The blue tint to OEM projectors is cause by the light bending around the edges of the cutoff shield. The prism effect usually shows a blueish to purple hue at the top of the cutoff pattern but can also show the complete rainbow spectrum in some projectors.

As far as color goes, 8000K 35 HID kits put out about 2900 lumens of light compared to 3200 lumens of a 4300K 35w bulb. Granted i prefer a whiter light but some people's eyes are more attuned to blue than white. Anything over 8000K and your output does really start to suffer

0wn3d n3wb
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 am
Page 1 of 1