Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Wiring my car's interior LED lights a certain way

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Hello everyone!

This is my first post, I just bought a new car and I'm very excited to light up the insides!

I learned a lot from the many threads about wiring interior lighting, but I'm still very new to this and I hope I can get some more tips so I don't do this wrong!

I want to set up some lighting in the foot-well area with a switch connected to it. What I would really like it to do is to have it connected to both the dome lights and the head lights. So no matter if the switch I have is ON or OFF, opening the door will always turn the LEDs on, but if the switch is ON, then the LEDs will stay on if my head lights are on.

I know it shouldn't be too hard to set up either of them (just a matter of finding the right place to connect the wires) but is it possible to link them together?

Any feedback and tips would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

$2
bad venge

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Are your door switches Negitive or positive switched ???

It's hard to design a circuit with limited information...
toonie

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Sorry, I'm a newb at this, I believe it's negative switched.

Thanks!
toonie

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I've decided to keep things a bit simple (hopefully) and just use the dome light to control the LED. I have a few questions in regards to that:

I still would like to add a switch to the lights so I can turn it on even with the doors closed, I will be connecting the ground to the dome light's ground slot to turn the lights on and off with the door. Where would I connect the switch to be able to turn on the lights without the door?

Since I'm already posting here, I guess I'll ask here as well icon_smile.gif. I'm also looking at which lights to buy to get the brightness that I want.

Would a superflux 4-chip led be able to achieve this brightness? Or what would be a better light for this?
User posted image

Also, any suggestions for something dim like:
User posted image

Thanks a lot!
$2
bad venge

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:40 pm

You'll need to add a rely and a switch to achieve the switchability

You'd need at least a 10" pirhana bar to get that brightness ...
And to dim it add a PWM dimmer
The time now is Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:26 pm
Page 1 of 1