Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Car show power? cannot have your battery hooked up because i

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:44 am

so im going to PDXMAS in a week and you cannot have your battery hooked up because its indoors and they want fire control... so one of my buddies bought something he could plug into the wall and it would run is underglow stereo and everything in his car...
unfortunitly he is not available to talk to, so my question is how would i do this?

i bought one of these to try, do you guys think it will work, if i hook it to the negative and positive side of my battery cables?

i just want all my electrical to work through a wall outlet, if you have better or easier ideas let me know!?

Last edited by zup89_4 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total
HoolaKinG

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 am

Might work, but this might work as well:

https://www.oznium.com/power-adapters/power-supply
Spawn

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:19 am

You have a few options. If you are only running the lights you can rig up a computer power supply (google bench pc power supply and you should find something). If you are running everything (stereo and other accessories) you could use a battery charger if the demand is not that high amps wise. If you plan on pumping it, there are larger amperage power supplies out theree, but they are pretty hefty in price.

I've used this one from Canadian Tire (Canada) a few times and as long as you don't try to enter a bass battle with anyone, you are usually fine (it ran a computer, 9 screens, 19 monitor, 2 turntables, stereo, 2 amps, 8 speakers, 2 subs).

Just remember to REMOVE THE TERMINALS FROM THE BATTERY! You can kill the charger really quick if you just clamp it on to the battery terminals and expect it to charge the battery at the same time it is powering everything.

This is an example of the bigger ones..

if you plan on doing a lot of indoor shows, look into getting a set of remote battery terminals. That way all you have to do is unplug the normal terminals from the battery and connect the power supply to the remote terminals somewhere out of sight and not have to worry about running wires everytime.
zup89_4

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 am

Spawn wrote:
You have a few options. If you are only running the lights you can rig up a computer power supply (google bench pc power supply and you should find something). If you are running everything (stereo and other accessories) you could use a battery charger if the demand is not that high amps wise. If you plan on pumping it, there are larger amperage power supplies out theree, but they are pretty hefty in price.

I've used this one from Canadian Tire (Canada) a few times and as long as you don't try to enter a bass battle with anyone, you are usually fine (it ran a computer, 9 screens, 19 monitor, 2 turntables, stereo, 2 amps, 8 speakers, 2 subs).

Just remember to REMOVE THE TERMINALS FROM THE BATTERY! You can kill the charger really quick if you just clamp it on to the battery terminals and expect it to charge the battery at the same time it is powering everything.

This is an example of the bigger ones..

if you plan on doing a lot of indoor shows, look into getting a set of remote battery terminals. That way all you have to do is unplug the normal terminals from the battery and connect the power supply to the remote terminals somewhere out of sight and not have to worry about running wires everytime.

Thats the answer i was looking for! i am just going to be sitting there for like 9 hours so i would love to have some music! lol thank you so much for all the information!
zanson

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 am

i got one of these...

but watch the power ratings on any of these... the battery chargers will only do a constant of 15Amps, and a crank of 100A but not sustained.

how big is your system? and how many lights?
zup89_4

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:41 pm

lots of lights underglow, floor lights grille lights, some interior leds, then a dvd headunit and a 10" sub
bad venge

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:57 pm

I've got a 40 amp Pyramid supply and it'll run everything but my 2000 watt sub amp
zanson

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:47 pm

yea ur prob gonna need a 45Amp to run everything, just cant turn the music up too loud.. a 45Amp will prob do a constant of 30-35Amps..

just to give you a number, i have the V2 with 8 addon 6 inch tubes, superflux everywhere, and led strips, prob a good 200 led's w/o under glow. and all together it takes about 15-20Amps to power.

so if you have anything similar ur going to want another 15Amps to run your sound system, plus remember, when you have the car hooked up to the PSU the car itself will take some of that power for it's internal computers. if you wanna run the system loud, def go for the 55Amp psu.

here are some more PSU's you can look at:
http://www.ecodirect.com/Chargers-s/11.htm
The time now is Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 pm
Page 1 of 1