Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

VUE footwell glow

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 am

Only $12 spent at Autozone for the Add-A-Circuit and extra fuses and that's all it took to get this up and runnin. It was incredibly easy. Only took a half hour at most. I probably spent more time taking apart and putting back together the dash then I did actually running all the wires for the LED strips.

jrbillbrian - I plugged the Add-A-Circuit into the fuse panel in the passanger footwell. I used the RADIO (IGN) slot. Not the regular RADIO slot. The RADIO fuse is constant, so if you use that one the LED strips will stay on 24/7, even when the vehicle is turned off, which you don't want as it will drain your battery. RADIO (IGN) is variable, so it only kicks on the lights when you turn the key forward (one click for acc or two clicks for engine start).

If you do end up buying the Add-A-Circuit thing, make sure it's the smaller one, and not the larger one. They had two sizes. Make sure you buy the smaller one.

I was surprised at how well the light turned out, even flooding underneath the front seats a little and can be seen from the rear seats as well. Not extremely bright in the back seats, but noticable. Perhaps sometime later on I will run some LED's under the backseats as well for a better glow throughout the interior. I changed the headunit colour from black to blue so it all went together better. I likey.

Please pardon the dirty seats, I still haven't gotten around to getting a good fabric cleaner and scrubbing the hell out of them. puppy_dog_eyes.gif

I would like to put some amber coloured LED's in the pockets on the side of the doors, but have absolutely no idea how to go about running wires from the center console to the door. icon_confused.gif Or even how to go about taking off the door panels for that matter.
A-Ray

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 am

mntndewboy69 wrote:
I would like to put some amber coloured LED's in the pockets on the side of the doors, but have absolutely no idea how to go about running wires from the center console to the door. icon_confused.gif Or even how to go about taking off the door panels for that matter.

Should just be a couple screws and a few panel clips holding the door panel on. Usually its not hard to do. Then, if you look in the door jamb, you will have a wire loom that you can run your wires thru, from the cabin into the door.

I'm sure with some googling you can find a how-to on removing the door panels.
mntndewboy69

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Perhaps in the Spring, when the weather is a bit warmer and more suitable for working outside on the car. Putting the lights in the footwell today took about a half hour or so but that was plenty of cold air for me.

Last edited by mntndewboy69 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total
Tat2Dragons

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Looks good Dude,nice job. icon_cool.gif Just a tip when installing an add-a-circuit fuse,you really want to make sure you install it in the correct up/down position.It seems that most people don't realize,or even know that if installed incorrectly,the accessory you are trying to protect will not be fused.Whenever installing any fuse tap on a fuse box/distribution box,one should check with a meter,or a test light and find out which fuse terminal has no power with the fuse removed from the circuit.One side will have power when the fuse is removed and the other will not.You always want to install an add-a-circuit/fuse tap,on the side/terminal that has no power when the fuse is removed.On the add-a-circuit you would want the end with the pigtail wire to be inserted on the fuse terminal that has no power when the fuse is removed.If you were to install it with the wire facing the powered terminal,obviously your circuit would not be protected by the fuse.Most people don't know this info.and sometimes they get lucky and just happen to install it correctly.This may be the case on your install,but do yourself a favor and check it out just to be sure.I wouldn't want to hear that a fuse didn't blow and you damaged the accessory you were originally trying to protect. icon_smile.gif Oh,I wanted to add that a simple way to know if you have it installed in the correct position,is to remove the fuse on the add-a-circuit and if the accessory you were fusing still works,you guessed it,you had it installed in the wrong position.No biggie if that happens,just turn it around and you'll be good to go. icon_wink.gif
ChevyCaprice9C1

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:55 pm

looks sweet nice job i am pretty sure on the door panels the have a few screws and then you can take a screwdriver and pop it off. the clips may break but you can buy them at a auto zone really cheap i keep a ton of extra one for my car. i would still Google it to make sure biglaugh.gif
byte

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:12 pm

mntndewboy69 wrote:

If you have lighted switches (in the door) for window/door locks, you can take the power from that right inside the door itself. My door switches lights come on with the ignition power, not the headlights though.
ChevyCaprice9C1

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:45 pm

byte wrote:
mntndewboy69 wrote:

If you have lighted switches (in the door) for window/door locks, you can take the power from that right inside the door itself. My door switches lights come on with the ignition power, not the headlights though.

yeah u can do that just be careful when doing it taping into the stock wiring harness can be easy but can also cause problems
jrbillbrian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:09 pm

THANK YOU!!! Alright, this is good. now i have specifics. I'll be an add-a-circuit and add it to the same place. I'm so glad I found someone else with a VUE who has done this. They look awesome by the way, thats exactly how I want mine to look. But I have an '05 vue so the interior is different but still, I love how yours turned out. I can't wait to order my LED's and get these installed soon. icon_biggrin.gif
09MitsuLancer

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:31 pm

what LED strips are you running??
daven75

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:52 pm

looks good! i still cant decide weather to add blue lights in my center vents like you did, lol. ur kinda swaying me twards doing it, but once it gets warmer out, lol.
mntndewboy69

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:26 pm

My right vent LED came loose and now points away icon_sad.gif Stupid bumpy turnpike. Just got done driving six hours to Harrisburg, PA. Will be here for a week, so I have to go a week before I can tear my dash back apart and fix it.

Tried taking pictures of my fusebox and etc for you but I was using my cousins camera and it apparently doesn't cooperate with my laptop. So I won't be able to post any more pictures until next week either.

I know your interior is a little different, I had an 03 VUE myself before I had this one. You've got the more rounded center vents. The diagram you sent me looks pretty legit. As far as grounding the wires to that J bar though I am not sure of. I ran my grounds right to the ground wire in the back of my headunit. I have two 10 fuses in my Add-A-Circuit, and it does not seem to affect my stereo at all. I may have pinched a wire when I was stuffing it all back in though because my front left speaker started to cut in and out for a good minute or so on the road as well. Sigh.
jrbillbrian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:04 pm

THe only reasons I suggested that bar was because there is a wire running to it right now, held in by some sort of bolt. and I'm not sure, but I believe this is from my radio. I didn't install that radio myself, so that's why I don't know. I wasn't sure if that was for grounding it or not. It would be so convenient though if I could ground it to that, since the wiring is all right there. And okidoke, I look forward to seeing the pictures.

update: I've thought more about it, and it seems like an ok thing to ground to when you think about it. Cause, why else would they have it there? Inside the fuse box? It serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever so I'm just assuming its a place to ground a wire. Its metal, and it probably is attached somehow to the main structure of the car. I don't know, I'll give it a shot and let you know. I don't feel like taking the entire dash apart to find where my radio is grounded, especially considering the fact that is may be grounded to that bar lol.
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 am

I just asked someone on the saturnfans.com forums. someone said that they use that bar to ground lo jacks or something and self tapping screws. something like that. so i assume that means that i will have no troubles trying to ground this wire to that bar. yay
mntndewboy69

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:35 am

Sorry I didn't know your VUE already had a wire grounded to that J bar in there. When I was wiring in my LED's I did not have any wires grounded to my bar so I wasn't sure if it would work or not. If you think it will work and saturnforums says it's a GO then go for it. It should work then I'd assume.
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:55 pm

might need to make a run to autozone sometime today... i think theres one about 4 miles away from my house.

what LED's did you use? they don't look like the oznium ones?
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 pm

how do i connect the wire to the add a circuit?
mntndewboy69

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 pm

LED strips I bought from AutoZone.
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:55 pm

DAMN. i was going to buy those today but i didn't think they'd be bright enough. but i don't understand how to hook up the wire from the switch to the add-a-circuit
mntndewboy69

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:04 pm

you twist your two power wires from your two LED strips together, make sure they are nice and tight and won't pull apart, then put it in the connector from the Add-A-Circuit and use pliers to pinch the metal down on the wires. nice and tight. don't want them pulling out later on.

the power wires from the LED's might not be thick enough so I exposed and twisted together quite a bit and then folded it in half and twisted that together as well to make it thicker, which made it easier to pinch the connector from the Add-A-Circuit around it, for a more snug fit.
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:11 pm

ok thats helpful.. but i thought i wired the switch to the add a circuit?
mntndewboy69

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:19 pm

I didn't use a switch so I wired my LED's directly to my Add-A-Circuit. If you are using a switch you have to have that between your LED power wires and your Add-A-Circuit.
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:26 pm

alright. so add a circuit --> switch - > led -- > ground. then done.

gonna order my leds tonight
zup89_4

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:28 pm

looks good man
mntndewboy69

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:35 pm

You do not have to run your ground wire to your headunits ground wire. This is just the way I did it. You can ground your wires to the J bar in your fuse box if you think it will be sufficient enough for a grounding.
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:41 pm

thanks for the diagram icon_biggrin.gif . looks good but im confused with what you did to the switch. wouldn't the power wire from the LED strip on the left also connect to switch, it looks like u connected both the switch and the power wire to the add-a-circuit. i thought both power wires had to be connected to the switch and only the switch connected to the add a circuit icon_neutral.gif
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:51 pm

what about this? i took ur image cause i didn't feel like making a diagram. and yours looks nice.

anyone think this would work? for those who don't own a vue, the add a circuit thing is placed at the fuse box near the floor.

sorry for the rough image its just an idea.

[/img]
mntndewboy69

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 am

You will have to run your power wires from your LED's across the inside of your center console in order to place your switch where you pictured above, and then from the switch back across your center console again to the fuse panel area. If you do it right there should be no visible wires, all the wires can be inside the center console and still reach the fuse panel area. Make sure your wires run in a safe area, your shifter has a link in there that moves, you don't want your wires getting snagged and pulled by that every time you shift from P to R to D and etc. If you want to you can find safe areas for your wires here and there inside your center console and secure them with electrical tape. Up to you. I don't know if you've ever had the center console for your VUE taken apart before but there's actually quite a bit of room in there. I have my AV componants for my XBOX360 running through in there, and if I really tried I could probably find a way to fit the damn power brick for the XBOX360 in there, too. So you won't have any trouble with trying to find room to run your wires through.
jrbillbrian

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Yeah, today during school I was drawing something a lot like this and i realized I'd have to go back and forth between the sides, which may/may not be a challenge. But yeah seems like a lot of room in there. I'm still a little confused on why you have 2 wires coming from the add-a-circuit to the ON side of the switch
daven75

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:14 pm

i had to go from both sides, it was a PAIN IN THE ASS! i had to remove my whole stearo, which i mean it sucked but i've done it several times already so yea. but just a heads up.
Tat2Dragons

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 pm

jrbillbrian wrote:
I'm still a little confused on why you have 2 wires coming from the add-a-circuit to the ON side of the switch

Yeah me too. icon_razz.gif You only need one wire. icon_wink.gif
jrbillbrian

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 pm

thank god... thats what i thought. maybe he was just showing that because when he installed it, he didn't put a switch.. i don't know. i still appreciate the diagram. my LED's should arrive here either tomorrow or friday. and i have a snow day, so MAYBE i'll grow a pair and install them despite the exteme cold.
jrbillbrian

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 pm

actually scratch that. tomorrow's high is 18 degrees, with a low of 4. friday's high is 9 degrees with a low of -1. ouch. that would be the first time it dropped below 0 in st. louis since 1999. its basically guaranteed to snow again tomorrow... and that would really suck. I can't get my car in the garage right now as it is filled with crap which I don't feel like moving. icon_sad.gif. Guess I'll just have to be patient
mntndewboy69

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 pm

jr - got any photos of your VUE on photobucket or anything you can post here? none of the pictures in your gallery are showing up. icon_sad.gif
jrbillbrian

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:12 pm

i JUST added some earlier today on photobucket that I took back in April when I got the car.
ill post the links. i don't know why none of the ones in my gallery are showing up? I was wondering that earlier.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/briguy9872/vue6.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/briguy9872/vue5.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/briguy9872/vue2.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/briguy9872/vue4.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/briguy9872/vue1.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/briguy9872/vue3.jpg

last one is my favorite cause it shows my neighborhood all green. no mods yet. and i took those with my phone, and i didn't upload the full quality ones yet. but as soon as all this snow goes away i will add more and show mine with the lights when i install them. damn the snow.
2wd vue + snow = FAIL. I can't get up even the first part of my driveway(its an h shape). i tried about 25 running starts and i got halfway up the least steep part of the hill. i just parked it there lol.

Last edited by jrbillbrian on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total
jrbillbrian

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:19 pm

there are lots of mods i'd like to do. I'd like to paint those bumpers black, and I'd like to put on some wheels. I'd also like to de-bong it(non vue owners might not know what this is). I want some TYC tail lights, and I want new floor mats(soon...very soon). I'd also like running boards and maybe even smoke the tail lights. some people like to make those corners clear... i don't. I think the amber corner light is fine. i'd also like to swap out the seats. see, these are all things i'd LIKE to do.. but definitely won't be doing any time soon, cause I'm in school = no job = no money.

for some reason when i post this it turns "wheels" into "wheels".... thats VERY odd?

... wtf? r-i-m-s turns into wheels....
daven75

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:33 pm

hey, there alot of mod parts for these, you might wanna look into redline bumpers. ummm lower maybe? then hit up the tail lights, theres some NICE ones out there.
jrbillbrian

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:02 pm

i don't want to lower it, and i would NEVER lower is AND put a redline bumper on. it would for sure get damaged in this one place i always have to drive in. i've thought about redline bumpers. but pretty expensive. and yep, tailights are a realist mod for me to do. not too expensive, and they look awesome. i like the ones that mntndewboy69 has.
Moss

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Looking sharp.
Tat2Dragons

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 pm

jrbillbrian wrote:

for some reason when i post this it turns "wheels" into "wheels".... thats VERY odd?

... wtf? r-i-m-s turns into wheels....

Maybe a mod is changing it? Wheel is the proper term,not rim. icon_smile.gif

Clean looking VUE though. icon_cool.gif
jrbillbrian

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:28 pm

a moderator can't be. its doing it instantly, even in the preview thing. and ok, maybe proper, but who cares. lol. censorship!!! its probably the same thing that stars out profanity... somewhere in their php scripting. want people to get it right i guess.
Tat2Dragons

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm

^^That could be the reason. icon_smile.gif
jrbillbrian

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:21 pm

well the LED strips are here at least. ok its only been a few days but in my impatient mine thats a few weeks. now i'll just have to wait until its warm enough to install them
Tat2Dragons

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:10 am

jrbillbrian wrote:
well the LED strips are here at least. ok its only been a few days but in my impatient mine thats a few weeks. now i'll just have to wait until its warm enough to install them

Come on Dude don't be a *****,just layer your clothes/dress warm and get that **** done Mr.lol icon_lol.gif

J/K icon_smile.gif

Seriously though,I work on mods in the cold all the time. icon_wink.gif Sure it's not the most ideal weather to work in,but since I'm also impatient,I always feel the need to get out there and get stuff done. icon_razz.gif
mntndewboy69

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Damn you for having black. I've tried twice now to find a nice black one and haven't. Ended up with a blue one first and now my gray one. Oh well, the gray looks just as nice. icon_biggrin.gif

Tail lights like mine I ordered online, ran about $100. They have black and chrome tails. I have the black. Chrome ones would only look right on a white or silver VUE, or maybe the red, not darks or grays, IMO. Google TYC.

I ordered my floormats at my Saturn retailer, they ran about $100 as well, but are much better than the stock carpets. I ordered the All-Purpose mats.

Would not recommend painting the bumpers. The plastic material they use for the bumpers are a bit different than the painted body panels and hold paint differently. There will be a slight mismatch in your colours. You could try Redline bumpers on your VUE but I don't know if the 05 front clips would match up right. Rear clips shouldn't be a problem. But expensive.

I originally had the same wheels your have. The 17's. I swapped mine out for the Redline 18's. I also threw on the Sprint Performance Suspension for a 2" drop. The Redlines are dropped about 1.5-2". I do have some bottoming going up steep enteries or exits. Nothing that bothers me.
jrbillbrian

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:27 pm

I love black icon_biggrin.gif. Your gray looks nice though. "Storm Gray" is what I think they call it.

Yep I've seen the tailights. I saw some for around $60 - 70 on ebay(I can't remember if that was for the pair or what), and you're right, the black ones do look better. I've seen the chrome ones in person before on a silver VUE.

I got some very cheap floor mats today from walmart. They are dark gray. not the best color or fit, but I just want it mainly for the snow and so my dirty carpets don't look so bad with the lights. And $100!? I saw the same exact Saturn ones you have for $40 online. Well, for the front set they are 40. And I rarely have people in the back so I wouldn't have gotten them for the back. I think these are the ones you have:
http://www.saturnaccessories.com/shop/html/Products/VUE-39/2006-2007-72/Interior-76/VUE-Front-All-Weather-M-139.html

As for the painted bumpers. It's true, there is a slight mismatch, but take a look at this VUE with the painted bumpers. I know its not perfect but I still think it looks cool
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3801829
I love the tinted tails, but not so much the tinted headlights. IMO, those are a little over the top. TOO much black. O and i forgot to mention, I like the spoiler. Saturn makes them for the VUE. It just gives it a more completed look even though its pretty subtle. The redline bumpers are I guess a possibility. Just expensive. I was thinking it MIGHT be possible to get the back bumper off an 06 - 07. I know the front is drastically different, but how different could the back possibly be?

I wish my car had running boards icon_sad.gif

Tat2Dragons - I am NOT a winter person lol. Hate the cold weather. It drives me crazy. I don't feel like working on my car when there is dirty snow all around me. Id be afraid I'd get it in the interior lol. My friend was being an ******* the other night... I picked him up to go to a party and he purposefully kicked dirty snow all inside my car to be funny. damn him. But SOON... i'll do it soon. I have exams next week and then a long weekend, so I'll do it then if it warms up.
Tat2Dragons

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:45 am

jrbillbrian wrote:

Tat2Dragons - I am NOT a winter person lol. Hate the cold weather. It drives me crazy. I don't feel like working on my car when there is dirty snow all around me. Id be afraid I'd get it in the interior lol. My friend was being an ******* the other night... I picked him up to go to a party and he purposefully kicked dirty snow all inside my car to be funny. damn him. But SOON... i'll do it soon. I have exams next week and then a long weekend, so I'll do it then if it warms up.

Oh I gotcha. icon_smile.gif
mntndewboy69

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Ahh, now I see what you wanna do with yours. You wanna go murdered out, son! Black on black on black on black with some black in there to accent your black. So did I. Tinted tails look **** if you do it right. Illegal in some states though so I won't be doing that with mine. If my VUE was black instead of Storm Gray, I'd surely have paid someone here to tiny mine by now. But I have gray so I'm fine with what I have. Are you familiar with the UAV and the New UAV in the Rob and Big TV show? They're MURDERED OUT, son. That's what I wanted to do if I ever got myself a black SUV. You lucky *******.

Well I see the mats are cheaper now. I bought front and back though. Oh well. Tails are probbaly cheaper now too seeing as how there's no more such thing as SATURN!! icon_evil.gif Evil GM, they can burn. I'm buying Honda from now on.

Running boards were around $250 if I recall correctly. Brush guard was around $300. Maybe flip those prices, not sure. I went on a buying binge one day and just clicked Add to Cart when I saw those online the day I bought the car. A week later I threw in the HU, amp, subs, headrests, etc. And a week after that was when my ICELED UFO arrived. Damn that was an expensive month.

I dig your pain on the winter weather man. I hate it. Absolutely positively completely utterly unfathomably HATE cold weather. I'm a Caribbean guy. Warm weather and direct sunlight that feels better than that I just got baked feeling or this ***** aint coming back to visit your state next year. Any more north than Pennsylvania and I'm trippin. That's why I hate it here in Ohio. It's cold 25/7, and the Lake Effect snow in the winter is like a double kick in the nuts. PA I can deal with. Snow is a no in my book, and I don't care if you've read it or not. I did and I like it. So screw you. LOL.
Tat2Dragons

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 pm

mntndewboy69 wrote:
icon_evil.gif Evil GM, they can burn. I'm buying Honda from now on.

Well if your Vue has a six cylinder,you already have part Honda. icon_razz.gif icon_smile.gif
mntndewboy69

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Very true. My VUE does have the Honda Motor in it. Which is why I picked Honda over any other import. I know how the Honda motor runs in my VUE and so far - for the year that I've had my car - I've not had any mechanical problem at all. Just my oil change every 3-4 months and she's still runnin as solid as the day I bought her. So I am partial to Honda now. Plus my aunt just bought a brand new Honda last week. My cousin just bought an 06 Saturn VUE last month. Same as mine only blue. Girlfriend just traded in her Saturn for a Ford. Don't know what happened there but she got a mouthful, and a few smackins on the ****. Fords are not liked in this family. We're split 50/50. Either Saturn or a Honda. But now that GM slit Saturn and Pontiac's throats, it's on to Honda for my next new vehicle.

EDIT: And on a side note, I hate how I hear from people Oh no you can't do that, you shouldn't turn your back on America and buy imports. It's people like you that are putting GM out of business in the first place and making them close off brands. Umm no, I did support American auto's and GM by buying Saturn. Just because we don't roll around in our Ford F-250's with a rifle in the rear window and an American flag on our bed liner doesn't mean we didn't buy American. We stuck with (IMO) the best brand GM had to offer, the brand that had the most loyal group of customers and the highest percent of all brands out there in customer return. More people who bought a Saturn returned to buy another than any other car brand in the country. GM made a HUGE mistake killing Pontiac and Saturn. Sure, they cut the strings on their two smaller accounts. Saving them a nickel here and there. But with that they cut off a huge percent of their customers that were GOING to return to purchase another vehicle. Like myself, my mother, my entire family, etc. So in the millions that GM is saving now by shaving off brands, they're losing billions in the long run in customer loyalty. Nice work, GM.
Tat2Dragons

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:08 pm

^^Yeah,that J series is a great engine. icon_cool.gif My Element was the first Honda product I had ever bought and I'd definitely buy another Honda in a heartbeat. icon_smile.gif Actually I'd buy another Element since I've grown to love mine so much,it's just an all around perfect vehicle for me. icon_biggrin.gif
jrbillbrian

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:43 pm

It IS a nice engine. I'm pretty sure mines a 3.5 L.. either that or a 3.0 L. I can't remember. The transmission is also made by honda I believe. Yeah, it's too bad about Saturn. And I don't want it to be completely murdered out.

Snow is the devil. Yes the devil. Because of snow, I screwed up my VUE. I might have messed up the CV joints. still not sure what is wrong with it.. all I know is that when I turn the steering wheel enough at lower speeds, it makes a horrible clicking noise. All happened when I got a running start up my hill(because of the icon_twisted.gif / snow) and it slipped and something funny happened with the steering wheel. still not sure... but it has gottt to be fixed.

I'm also worried about the brush guard/bumper guard thingy. It has the potential to cause more damage to both cars. Especially in the event of a more major accident. I can see how it might slighty protect your own car more in a small little tap.. but I would just be worried having one of my own car. They look better on the 06 - 07 than then do on the 2002 - 2005 VUEs, IMO.
mntndewboy69

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 am

I agree, the guards are WAY better looking for the 06-07's than the 02-05's. I'm NEVER wrecking my VUE though, so that doesn't concern me. icon_biggrin.gif (Knocks on wood.)

And that reminds me, only problem I've ever had with the car was when I needed my front upper strut mounts replaced a few months ago. But that's wear and tear, not mechanical fault.

You have the V6 so you have the 3.5L. And if your car clicks, turn up the radio, then it's fixed. biglaugh.gif
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:09 pm

mntndewboy69 wrote:
And if your car clicks, turn up the radio, then it's fixed. biglaugh.gif

hahaha. nice. I wish it were that simple. The thought there being an issue with my car will just nag me and i really want it to be fixed. I thought they had some 3.0L v6s. Come to think of it... i don't think any 2005's had that. So yeah I guess it is a 3.5L. good. icon_biggrin.gif.

I don't think I'll ever be at fault in an accident(at least not due to my own stupidity). But I have to park Mon-Friday in a parking lot filled with teenage guys(all guys schools) 16 - 18 years old who are not only crappy drivers, but they don't CARE if they damage their car or anyone else's. They don't even care if they swing their backpacks into someones car and scratch it. They don't care when they slam into someones mirror and don't put it back in place. They don't care that they are driving like maniacs in the parking lot, and they never ever pay attention to their surroundings. Everyday I have to check all sides of my car for dents or any other damage. So many people's cars have been damaged in this parking lot. It's frightening. O and I forgot to mention, recently they discovered a couple sink holes in the parking lot. Yep. I parked in a spot, and the next day, in the same spot I had parked, a sink hole had opened up....glad it didn't happen a day before.
mntndewboy69

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:23 pm

If this is gong on in a school parking lot I would bring it to the attention of some higher ups. If my vehicle was damaged in any way in their parking lot I would be having them pay for it. My highschool student parking lot had cameras everywhere and a guard that would walk/drive around during school hours 8a-4p everyday making sure no cars were bothered with. If someone screwed with my car I'd be ****.
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm

I might do that. Ours doesn't have cameras(the parking lot is used by my high school AND the St. Louis Science Center. they have a partnership errr idk but they made some deal and both share it now. The thing is... they DO have security guys. But in the cold weather especially... they get lazy(well I don't really blame them but it IS their job). And in the morning when hundreds of kids are walking through the parking lot at once they can't really yell at anyone for scratching up against cars or anything like that.... partly because they don't see them. I heard the security people get pretty **** though if they see you leaving a note.

They also have faculty standing out in the parking lot monitoring people and their behavior in the parking lot.. but not when it's this cold. Things become more docile in the warmer weather. Except on fridays when people decide to have their friends lean out of their sunroofs and have penny wars and nick up their friends' cars. Is that a common thing...??? It's so stupid. Why the HELL would you purposefully throw something at your friends car and vice versa, regardless of how nice the car is....If someone threw anything besides a leaf at my car, I'd be tempted to run them over. lol.

Luckily there is no theft problem. The security guards do a good job of preventing that. They just can't really stop idiots who bump into people's cars with their backpacks, bags, bodies, sports equipment. It's the worse when people have giant hockey bags or lacrosse bags. Because they are too lazy to go around the cars, and they go in between them icon_eek.gif
mntndewboy69

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:43 pm

I've got enough chips on my car to last me a week in Vegas.
Moss

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 pm

It's a parking lot. Get used to it. Every been to a parking lot at a large home improvement store? It's like the wild freaking west on the weekends.
jrbillbrian

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah. It's a parking lot. I am used to it. It's possible to be used to it and still not like it... icon_rolleyes.gif
The Walmart around where I live, especially during the holidays and weekends is absolute murder. Ah well. I always try to park in ideal places.... Sometimes I get the corner spot where no one can hit me :-D. But you should see the cars in this parking lot. at least 1/5, possibly as much as 1/3 cars has damage on it(i mean from minor accidents or just overall carelessness). our school disciplinarian has made countless announcements scolding us for reckless driving because he gets SEVERAL complaints from people driving near the school grounds all the time(we have school stickers so they know they are students of my school)
jrbillbrian

Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:01 pm

:-D!!!!!!!!! i've got the LED's installed and they work perfectly. For some reason, they weren't working with the radio(ign) fuse and i think its cause the fuse above it was blocking it from going in 100%... so then i noticed that i have a heated seat fuse, and i don't have heated seats, BUT there is still power going to the heated seat fuse... and there was no fuse above it to block the add a circuit from going in.

i'm going to wait until it gets dark out do that i can find out where to position them and then ill mount them with the adhesive strips. i will post pictures when it's all done and when i clean my rubber floor mats which are disgusting right now.
olverafam

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:58 pm

nice ride but whats up with the two navs... actually you have 3 navi's
The time now is Mon May 21, 2018 10:47 pm
Page 1 of 1