Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

LED Wig Wag Fun

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:33 pm

Hey guys, Just made this ---> http://www.jbeamproductions.com/LEDwig.avi

I used a cheap web cam to record sry if it sucks, but anyways, its 4 LEDs made a on BASIC STAMP (they cost about $80 new) my dad had one laying around so i started messing with it, you can do up to 15 different LEDs, and make them do whatever u want, chase, jump, strobe, etc.
Hearse

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:35 pm

Oh yeah, BTW, the LEDS there are 2 blue, 2 white, the 2 BLUE strobe 3 times at 50 Miliseconds, then the 2 White strobe together 50 miliseconds (3 times) they wig wag. icon_twisted.gif
potato pusher

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:41 pm

kick ass...too bad i hate leds
corvettecrazy

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:56 pm

I think that kicks ass, but i need a way to do it for a heck of a lot less than 80 bucks
9sdime9

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:11 pm

Hearse wrote:
Hey guys, Just made this ---> http://www.jbeamproductions.com/LEDwig.avi

I used a cheap web cam to record sry if it sucks, but anyways, its 4 LEDs made a on BASIC STAMP (they cost about $80 new) my dad had one laying around so i started messing with it, you can do up to 15 different LEDs, and make them do whatever u want, chase, jump, strobe, etc.

Got another on of them things laying around?? send it on over!
Hearse

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:19 pm

LOL Yes, I agree about the cheaper way of doing it, Im still trying to figure it out, I ordered the stuff needed to make the 555 timer wig wag, once I get that stuff I will see what I can do. Also, Yes, I have another one, kinda, my dad burnt up the STAMP in this one and bought a new one off ebay for like 40 that wasn't as good, and took the stamp and put it in this one. So Yes, I have another one, but it don't fully work, It rides the short bus =)

I will keep you posted. This thing is crazy, you hook it up to your comp and type in what u want it to do (in code) and then run it, and bam it does something different, Tomorrow, or monday, I will try to get some movies of the other stuff I have made it do.

My dad is talking about wanting mount it in his car and put 5 switches on it that make it do like 1 = Strobe all his Neons/LEDs, 2 = LEDs Chase 3 = Everyother one light up, etc. =)
Sublime0069

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:26 pm

I just used breadboard, a 555 IC, a cap, and a few resistors. Probably less than $15 for everything. (Breadboard being the most expensive.) timer = $1.99, cap = $1, resistor 500 pack was like $4.
Hearse

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:20 pm

DO you have any pictures of it, Also can you make a diagram for me, I wanna try to make em, does it strobe while it wig wags?
element16

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:34 pm

why do the times look like? can i get them at radio shack
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 12:27 am
Page 1 of 1