Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

help with project on 07 civic si

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 am

Ok guys this is what im working on lookin for suggestions on best way to wire and the cleanest way.I have 4 prewired waterproof 6inch red led's, and 2 flex 9.5 strips, the 9,5 i would like to put in grill but not sure if i want to wire to running lights or have a switch to turn off and on, On the other led's i want to go into engine bay and thought about having my switch in engine bay cause i dont want them on all the time. So on the engine bay from what i read i need one power wire and t-tap each strip into the power wire and indidually ground each one or is there a better way,
I appreciate any help in this project.

Thanks
Lee
Cyber Knight

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:49 am

I would wire it all to your running lights AND have a switch too this way they will never be on unless the car is on and then you can also turn them off when the car is on using a switch. I don't know if you'll be satisfied with the glow from a 9.5" strip in the grill, I used a 28" and it was the perfect length. Also used to have a couple of 4.7" strips in the engine bay. Here's a shot of mine:

User posted image
sleeper101

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:04 am

Looks good i have two 9.5 flex for grill reason i was thinkin not to wire alltogether was i didnot want the engine bay lights on all the time i figured i was just burning led for no reason.
A-Ray

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Does your car have a stock under hood light? if so you could wire the lights you want in the engine bay into that and they would only come on when you pop hood.

I am going to do mine that way, but first I have to install my own hood pin switch as I don't have a stock under hood light.

After taking a quick gander, you will probably be ok with just the two 9.5" strips in your grill.
sleeper101

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 pm

No i dont have a light under hood
A-Ray

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 pm

sleeper101 wrote:
No i dont have a light under hood

You can do things as cyber knight explained or you can purchase a hood pin switch from here and hook them to that.
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:17 am
Page 1 of 1