Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Daytime running lights Blue

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 am

Now you guys probably realize i like blue by now lol but i understand that blue drl are illegal on the road but i want them for car shows or to just show off in a parking lot. Now i never see any photos of the drl's with the headlights on. i want to now how likely it is thati not get tickets with both on. i never run on the road with just drl's but i am aware if i do its an easy ticket. i want to know if i can get away with them on with my headlights on also because then i will not worry and get them but i am not wasting money and getting a ticket
robbie

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Ummmm.....Unless your car is equipped with a little bulb (city light in UK cars) I was always under the assumption DRL were really just headlights that were always on with the car.

I mean the running lamps which is what i called my side and front marker lights i guess you could MIGHT be able to get away with.

IDK how scions headlights do and what not. So I'm not 100% sure.
CurtisWyche

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:17 pm

i have a scion tC and yeah they are little bulbs. #194's actually and they sit right under my low beams.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:41 pm

I've had blue in my tC headlights and never had an issue. The headlights overpower them.
CurtisWyche

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:15 am

ok thank you. thats what i figured but wasnt willing to risk it you know? and thanks again. i will order them quite soon and upload pics afterwards bc i already got domes replaced and under the dash and seats all blue.
CurtisWyche

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:50 pm

and which LEDs did you use phil. i am not really sure which ones will look the best?
CurtisWyche

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:58 pm

i got the aluminum 194 high power ones. they are 9.99 each?
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 pm
Page 1 of 1