Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Man gets out of $335 lightning ticket!!!

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:35 pm

Well here's the story. Back in Jan. I got pulled over fro my lights. It was a bright morning so I was surprised the cop could even see my lights.

He wrote me up for illegal display of blue lights wich is a $300 offense in MA. And then tacked on the good ol CMR code for neon undercarriage lights wich is an extra $35.

I tried asking him a few questions while playing dumb but he turned out to be an a-- hole about it. I told him I was gonna fight the ticket and he told me to go ahead. He said he'd written hundreds of them and never lost.

So my case was scheduled for today. I went in and presented pictures of my truck during the day with no lights on. I explained that I normally do have neons on during the show season but take them off for the winter and put on side bars. ( Basicly BS'd them a bit) I said that the way the bars mount prevents you from having Neons underneath and there fore I couldn't have had then when I got pulled over.

I also showed them pictures of my headlights and explained that the housings do look blue when they are off but when they are on they are white.

The magistrate agreed with everything I said, when he asked the cop who represented the town I was pulled over in if he'd like to cross examine anything I said, he said no. He actually shoke my hand and said I presented myself very well and made my case perfectly clear.

I had brought in a copy of the MA Motor Vehicle Handbook and marked each citaion code with tabs. That really impressed them and they got rid of the ticket then sent me on my way.
corvettecrazy

Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:21 pm

sweet! Good job on that one!
Tim

Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:24 pm

Nice job. I'd be **** if a cop pulled me over.
munozsblazer

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:28 pm

doood i'll buy u rondtrip airfair fer when i git my tickets for any type of ticket...damn u were organized... icon_biggrin.gif
pOrk

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:30 pm

Props bro - only way to handle it is professionalism and by the sounds of it, you hit the nail on the head.
Neon Mike

Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:14 am

That's why I wanted to post about it. I had all kinds of pictures, paperwork, and a copy of the motor vehicle handbook.

Just goes to show you can beat some of theses lighting laws if you handle yourself well.
oliphant

Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:52 pm

Dang, sweet man! It is hard to believe it worked, but good job. What was it that actually convinced them, though? It wasn't just the fact that you were organized and prepared was it?
FlinxSL

Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:27 am

im in the same situation except i havnt gone to my court date yet puppy_dog_eyes.gif. the stupoid cop makes me go all like icon_mad.gif
Neon Mike

Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:26 pm

oliphant wrote:
Dang, sweet man! It is hard to believe it worked, but good job. What was it that actually convinced them, though? It wasn't just the fact that you were organized and prepared was it?

I brought in pictures of the truck, documentation stating that the lights in my head lights were legal, a copy of the MA Motor Vehicle Handbook, and a photo copy of the ticket I was given. I spoke primarily to the officer representing the town and made sure that he and the magistrate both saw every picture and document I had.

FlinxSL, Good luck with your date. Hopefully you can get some advice from mine and come out on top.
potato pusher

Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:10 pm

Congratulations on winning your case. It is unfortunate that you had to stretch the truth, however the best of us have done it. It's good to see you could present your case and actually win, most people aren't nearly as prepared as you are. Again, nice job.
rebekah2005

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:15 am

hey-
you should represent me for my tickets. right now i'm fighting a 30 over because my speedometer was at least 7mph off and the cop was an a**.
GlowinPontiac

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:50 pm

if u were doing 30 over then what did the 7mph off speedo have to do with it

and dam this post is old as ****!!!!
pOrk

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:56 pm

icon_rolleyes.gif
Moss

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:28 pm

Cop was an ass...?? hmm was he an ass... to all the people who drove by at the speed limit? or just the speeders that day?

Yeah.. and if your speedo is off, it doesnt matter...

I have used a radar gun, in a police training course, most have a way to tune, or test their relability, and in mass, if a gun is tested the diffrence is written on the back of the ticket.

For example...

Radar Gun Tested at 52 MPH
True Speed Verified Thru Test 50 MPH

2 MPH diffrence would be on the back of the ticket...

Face it you were speeding no B.S...

PAY UP SUCKER comes to mind.
Bobby Lee

Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:43 pm

If i were a cop, i'd right tickets for 1 mph over the speed limit. Would that make me an ass? Probably, but either way your still speeding, right?
DragonJeep

Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:38 pm

1 mph you can fight because cars usually have 1-2 mph error...

Cop tried to give me a ticket for 1 mph over just to be a **** but I explined that even the manufacturer has said before that speedos might be off by 1-2 mph up or down...

No ticket...he was still a ****...
ProjectRAGE

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:08 am

1mph ticket? id laugh in the cops face....
potato pusher

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:02 pm

and if i was the cop i'd spit in yours icon_rolleyes.gif
jol102001

Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:00 am

^^ please let it die.
FatManDan

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:39 pm

potato pusher wrote:
and if i was the cop i'd spit in yours icon_rolleyes.gif

then i'd sue /ends topic
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:23 am
Page 1 of 1