Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

fog lights on ford ranger XLT

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:06 pm

hay everyone i just got my fog lights i ordered off of amazon and they do not fit on my bumper but i do not want to return them, is there anything to do rather than cut holes to make them fit and i did check to make sure they are the right year and everything and they are but my bumper does not have a round hole like every other 2001 ranger i have seen also my truck did not come with fog lights on it and it has the plugs behind the bumper and i just tried to get them to work but they do not turn on when the lights are on and there is no fog light switch so should i just wire up that plug my self to my own switch
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:13 pm

You COULD cut the holes yourself, if you feel confident with you abilities to do that.
I'd run a Relay (waterproof preferably) to each Fog Light being lit. Then wire them up to a switch inside your cab somewhere.

Always Remember fuses and such icon_biggrin.gif
macragg

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Tdawgthegreatest wrote:
You COULD cut the holes yourself, if you feel confident with you abilities to do that.
I'd run a Relay (waterproof preferably) to each Fog Light being lit. Then wire them up to a switch inside your cab somewhere.

Always Remember fuses and such icon_biggrin.gif
i do feel confident but i have no experience with relays what so ever so basically how would i accomplish this or could i just run separate wires to each light
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Relays are really straight-forward.
Heres a simple way of using one relay to do it.

Ground both fog lights to Chassis.
30 Pin (fused) to Battery +
85 Pin to Chassis Ground or Battery -
86 to your Switch + (Also hooked to Battery + (and fused))
87 to Fog Light +
macragg

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:29 pm

alright ill go pick up a relay on Friday and hopefully ill get this done on the weekend i really need more lights to see at night and i hope my HID kit comes in the mail soon
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Make sure its waterproof.
macragg

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:05 pm

alright so i got the lights mounted and i did all of the wiring but they do not work for some reason, i think its the relay, is there a simpler way to wire it up without a relay
Tat2Dragons

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:27 pm

macragg wrote:
alright so i got the lights mounted and i did all of the wiring but they do not work for some reason, i think its the relay, is there a simpler way to wire it up without a relay

Sure there is a way,but first do you carry a fire extinguisher in your truck? icon_razz.gif

Please don't attempt wiring fog lights without a relay,you're just asking for trouble. icon_confused.gif If you wired it correctly and you think the relay is faulty,just purchase a new relay. icon_smile.gif
macragg

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:16 pm

why wouldn't hooking up the lights like any other light work i really see no need for a relay, also was the relay supposed to make a click when you connect the ground to it even when there is no positive connection because mine did. all this trouble with my first relay is not really helping my doubts about them also i should probably get an idea of what size fuse i should use from someone that knows what their doing
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:06 pm
Page 1 of 1