Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

98 Jetta Projector Headlights

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:14 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98-VW-GOLF-MK3-BLACK-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-93-94_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a586e2d56QQitemZ250591718742QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i am looking to get a set of HID's for my new Jetta and i'm planning on doing it the right way and getting projectors for them. does these projectors look to be any good? how exactly can a person tell?
corvettecrazy

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:07 am

Very few of the projectors in those lights are actually made with any quality. Many people who purchase lights like those,(With the intent to go HID) also purchase OEM projectors to replace the china ones so they can have better light output without as much work mounting the projectors into the stock lights.
bad venge

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 am

Most of those are "depot" projector lenses they are low low quality PLASTIC and higher wattage HID's can Melt /distort them
campbellsco

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:01 am

Okay. If I were to change out the projectors how exactly would I go about doing that?
bad venge

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:19 am

Get projector assembly from an OEM HID equipped vehicle and disassemble the headlight and modify it to take the new projector , reaim it , and reseal it ...

Check in the for sale section I THINK Radio Flyer has a set for sale
robbie

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:05 am

First of all those say 92-98....that is a warning, i owned a 96 VR6 for a little bit.

The MK2 is 85-93

The MK3 is 94-98

Respectively. And the headlights between the two generations, NOT THE SAME. So automatically i would shy away from those. Just because the years don't fit right at all.

BTW this is what i had on my golf, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...a=WXF%3F&itemid=190382690670

I liked em because of the glass lens. And they look more like the newer VW headlights. Just a thought man.
Losing quickly

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:10 am

campbellsco

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:41 pm

But I'm going to be getting HID's and those have no projectors in them robbie.
robbie

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Your point?

It's an E-Code lens, they give off significantly less glare then that of the US spec lenses. I have 4 close friends, all HUGE into VW, they all run the E-code stuff, all have HID's and i have looked straight at them standing, driving what have you. I don't get blinded, or anything of that nature.

BTW what year is your jetta? I have a badgeless grill for a MK3 jetta just lying around, ordered one they sent me that and resent me the right one for a GTI so i had a spare for a jetta.

Really cleans up the front end, if you might want it just pm me. haha.
Losing quickly

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:04 pm

Wouldn't the Jetta and GTI have the same grille? I'm not positive...
robbie

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:05 pm

No, the MK3's don't at least, trust me, jetta does not equal GTI lol.

the jettas headlights are much more square on the MK3's then that of the GTI.

at least near the grille which is why they won't fit each other.

Just like golf headlights from a 94-98 golf will not fit on a jetta of the same years.
Losing quickly

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Dang, I have a MKIII GTI and would have picked that up from you
robbie

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Haha i know i was excited then immediately bummed after i realized how different they are, i need to go out to my garage, its far from me apartment lol.

BUT i am prety sure i have my MK3 badgeless still, i'll look for you.
Losing quickly

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Yeah, I just checked. The GTI would be the same as the Golf one, which is different from the Jetta.
ryan71489

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:22 pm

bad venge wrote:
Get projector assembly from an OEM HID equipped vehicle and disassemble the headlight and modify it to take the new projector , reaim it , and reseal it ...

Check in the for sale section I THINK Radio Flyer has a set for sale

He still has the high beams not the low beams. I bought the low beams this morning.
olverafam

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:26 pm

**** they are only $116, That's not bad at all...buy em and if they suck you don't have to bite a major cost...
Moss

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 pm

olverafam wrote:
**** they are only $116, That's not bad at all...buy em and if they suck you don't have to bite a major cost...

Take it easy Daddy Warbucks, that might be some of the **** advice I have heard on here yet.

Why not do a little research and get the best bang for your buck? puppy_dog_eyes.gif
ryan71489

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:20 pm

^lmao. I personally would do a retrofit to real projectors but thats just me.
olverafam

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Moss wrote:
olverafam wrote:

Take it easy Daddy Warbucks, that might be some of the **** advice I have heard on here yet.

Why not do a little research and get the best bang for your buck? puppy_dog_eyes.gif

??????........Have you seen the price for new headlights?

Just don't do it then, but you will never know if you like them or not unless you buy them and see how tey look on your car, all I was saying was that they are really cheap, so no big deal if they suck.. but if you work at McDonalds and you don't get paid much then, yes, it was very **** advice.
Moss

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:03 pm

olverafam wrote:
Moss wrote:
olverafam wrote:

??????........Have you seen the price for new headlights?

Just don't do it then, but you will never know if you like them or not unless you buy them and see how tey look on your car, all I was saying was that they are really cheap, so no big deal if they suck.. but if you work at McDonalds and you don't get paid much then, yes, it was very **** advice.

Wow, spending nearly $150 on something, just to see if they are of good quality seems really stupid to me. Do some research and find something you will enjoy and will fit your car the first time.

McDonald's or CEO of Microsoft does not make a difference. Believe it or not people who are wealthy do research before buying things, just like us poor folk.

You should try it some time when you are not pouring out bottles of champagene and lighting cigars with $100 bills.

Did you go to the MC Hammer school of Economics?
campbellsco

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Quote:
MC Hammer school of Economics

hahah made me lol

i'm trying to do research so i can get the best bang for my buck and i don't have to buy 2 or 3 different sets of headlights to get seome well functioning projectors. i was thinking about reterofitting the projectors but i'm not certain how exactly to go about doing that.
The time now is Thu May 24, 2018 4:58 am
Page 1 of 1