Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Best place to tap into power 2010 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:00 pm

I understand that new Jeeps use a CANbus system and I do not want to do any damage so I am looking for the best place to tap into a power source for not only LED Rock Lights and some LED interior lights but also to run some AUX lights for off-road trail runs. I noticed some open spot in the fuse box under the hood but not sure if they are safe. I also thought of running an alternate fuse box like the Painless Cirkit Boss or something like that. Any thoughts on the best and safest way to tap for power to a multitude of lights?

Thanks in advance,
Dallas
bad venge

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:58 pm

LED's are a small current draw inside you can tap the interior lights or the cigarette lighter plug
I'm guessing rock lights are undercar you can run them off the battery thru a seperate fuse and or use a remote switch to turn them on/off
you can also buy an add a circuit that piggybacks on the fuse.
higher current off road lights will need a direct battery connection with fuse
Dallas

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes the rocks lights are LED lights that will shine onto the ground so your spotter can see everything around your tires so you can safely traverse the terrain.
I am thinking of getting the Painless waterproof 7 fuse Cirkit Boss for the offroad lights to allow for any future upgrades. I have tried hard to find a wiring diagram for my Jeep because the fuse box under the hood has several open connections/tabs that look like they could be used, i.e. seat heaters etc but I haven't had much luck in even finding a repair manual for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon or any year past 2007 for that matter.. I haven't put a meter on it to see if it is hot full time and I have no idea if it connects to the CANbus so I am a bit leary of using it although I see no use in including seat heaters in a CANbus circuit.
Again, thank you for the reply,

Dallas
EricCartman

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 pm

If you have the space, just wire up a separate fuse block straight off the battery:

Cartman
Dallas

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks, I was looking at those today and almost picked one up but I really need a switched source for all of my offroad and LED lights so I went with the Painless which takes one switched source for all 7 circuits and has the wiring and relays for my offroad lights.
Now to figure out where to get that one switched power from.
Thanks again.
Dallas
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm
Page 1 of 1